New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

05-02-2019, 09:35 AM   #45
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Where did I say "grovelling". Cops know what you did wrong, many have made up their mind if you're getting a ticket before they even get out of their car. about 90% of people stopped will try to say they have no idea why they were stopped. Trust me, you're not fooling anyone especially the cop. I've always said "I haven't seen it all but not much surprises me". Your BS about what's the problem officer is wasted words, unless you don't have a clue why you were stopped which might be the case if your tail lights aren't working, but if it's a moving violation you know what you've done. I'm not suggesting saying FUCK YA I WAS FLYING.....but how about sorry officer, I was going a bit fast. Do you think you could give me a break please.

With regard to CHP being boy scouts, they are traffic men....they are the same everywhere whether State Police, Provincial Police or City Traffic cops. We had an expression: "I'd rather my sister was a whore than my brother in law a traffic man".....I have many friends that are/were traffic men. Boyscouts, yup but they could be reasoned with.

Don't argue what ever you do, try putting yourself in his or her boots and think what would work on you. But what do I know.....
I've become good friends with a local LEO in the past 9 months or so...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 09:48 AM   #46
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I've become good friends with a local LEO in the past 9 months or so...
The police are your friends.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17199.00
      05-02-2019, 09:54 AM   #47
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
If you’re going to hire an attorney, do it right off the bat and have them handle everything. That’s what you pay them for. Let them decide how to fight the ticket. You’re not going to get the best advice asking us randos on the internet, unless someone here is the CEO of The Ticket Clinic
unfortunately, like everything in this world its a matter of metric....your criminal/traffic court attorney does not give a fly fuck about the legality of anything...and merely wants to defend as quietly as possible without getting on the bad side of the court....since the law is opinion and open to interpretation

I received a cell phone ticket and was told by judge at arraignment that it wouldn't raise my insurance since its 0 points...HA

He also suckered someone(idk the judges intention here)...guy comes to stand....he plea-baragained his speeding ticket to unsafe driving (500 fine no points)...judge goes why you doing this the speeding ticket is way cheaper and your insurance won't go up because of 2 points lmaooooooooooooo

find me an insurance company that does not have speeding and distracted driving right behind DUI for highest surcharges
just another day in the office....
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 10:48 AM   #48
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
unfortunately, like everything in this world its a matter of metric....your criminal/traffic court attorney does not give a fly fuck about the legality of anything...and merely wants to defend as quietly as possible without getting on the bad side of the court....since the law is opinion and open to interpretation

I received a cell phone ticket and was told by judge at arraignment that it wouldn't raise my insurance since its 0 points...HA

He also suckered someone(idk the judges intention here)...guy comes to stand....he plea-baragained his speeding ticket to unsafe driving (500 fine no points)...judge goes why you doing this the speeding ticket is way cheaper and your insurance won't go up because of 2 points lmaooooooooooooo

find me an insurance company that does not have speeding and distracted driving right behind DUI for highest surcharges

just another day in the office....
Points have nothing to do with insurance premiums, they are a measure by the government with respect to you're licence and when to suspend you. Insurance companies look at moving violations and some non-moving violations (seat belts) when they decide to increase your rates.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17199.00
      05-02-2019, 11:33 AM   #49
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep

Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
I find apologizing for making the officer having to pull me over goes a long way.
Apologies are fucking annoying. You know what you did wrong. If you have an excuse and want to try to get out of the ticket with a clean record, give it a shot, they might be sympathetic. But, not with two recent priors and the statement that they got it at 35+ over. LOL
      05-02-2019, 01:04 PM   #50
dtla1
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Ask for a Trial by Declaration. Then file a motion of discovery. Ask for EVERYTHING (I think you have to ask for specific items, but make the list long). See what they have and don't have and base your Trial by Declaration letter on the evidence the officer has as well as anything else you can come up with. Worked the times I've used it, worked for many acquaintances as well. Send me a PM for more info, not going to go further into this in the thread. People tend to not like it when you use your rights to defend yourself, especially on the internet.
Appreciate 2
Vegetable792.50
shay2nak1070.00
      05-02-2019, 02:28 PM   #51
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Long stretch of Highway in the Central Valley or in So Cal with the signs “patrolled by the air” on the side? You just leaned a valuable lesson the hard way. A 100mph M is easy to spot among 65mph traffic.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 04:34 PM   #52
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Your BS about what's the problem officer is wasted words, unless you don't have a clue why you were stopped which might be the case if your tail lights aren't working, but if it's a moving violation you know what you've done.
Apparently you missed the joke about "sovereign citizen" wackos who try to claim they are "traveling," which they seem to think is different from driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
So, I shouldn't start out with "ArE YoU dEtAiNiNg mE????"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
Don't follow up with, "I'm not driving, I'm traveling," either.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #53
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Apologies are fucking annoying. You know what you did wrong. If you have an excuse and want to try to get out of the ticket with a clean record, give it a shot, they might be sympathetic. But, not with two recent priors and the statement that they got it at 35+ over. LOL
You completely missed the point there Roger. It's apologizing not for the wrongful act, but rather, apologizing for making the LEO have to pull you over.

So since July 2018, I've had the same county sheriff deputy pull me over 3 times. Once for speeding at 9PM on an empty back country road in Virginia, 1 mile an hour under reckless driving. The 2nd time was in October, middle of the day, had my scooter out to exercise it, didn't take my wallet, so I didn't have my motorcycle drivers license on my person. He let me go back and get my license, and said "no need to go to court, I'll tell the Judge you came back with your license." 3rd time was this past April. I was doing 20 over in a construction zone. He suggested that I "might not have been wearing my seat belt."( wink-wink). I didn't get it at first. Then I realized and said, "you know, I think you're right, I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. I'm sorry, I know you guys frown upon that." He wrote me up for a no-points $25 seatbelt violation rather than a $2,500 reckless driving violation. Every time I get pulled over, at the end of the session, before the LEO leaves, I apologize to him for making him pull me over. It's just being courteous.

But you can still be an ass to the Police and see if that helps you with your local PO.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 05-02-2019 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2019, 10:06 PM   #54
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2024 M2 and 2023 Mazda CX-30

Garage List
  [10.00]
  [10.00]
2024 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
The 5 MPH over was truly a 70MPH ticket in a 65 zone and the 4 was 4 over in a 65 zone 69 MPH (my favorite number BTW). The 30 MPH was in a 65 zone.I think anyway.. By the time I was pulled over, 20 miles later, I had no f-ing clue where I was clocked by the plane. I wasn't provided an exact location.
OK, so now it is 20 miles later and not 15 miles later as you stated in your first post?

As for the location, I do not know what California traffic citations look like, but I would assume there is a spot on the citation where the officer fills in the location of the offense. I know in Minnesota the citing officer must do this to establish prosecuting jurisdiction for the proper city or county attorney depending on where the offense took place.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2019, 10:15 AM   #55
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep

Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
You completely missed the point there Roger. It's apologizing not for the wrongful act, but rather, apologizing for making the LEO have to pull you over.

So since July 2018, I've had the same county sheriff deputy pull me over 3 times. Once for speeding at 9PM on an empty back country road in Virginia, 1 mile an hour under reckless driving. The 2nd time was in October, middle of the day, had my scooter out to exercise it, didn't take my wallet, so I didn't have my motorcycle drivers license on my person. He let me go back and get my license, and said "no need to go to court, I'll tell the Judge you came back with your license." 3rd time was this past April. I was doing 20 over in a construction zone. He suggested that I "might not have been wearing my seat belt."( wink-wink). I didn't get it at first. Then I realized and said, "you know, I think you're right, I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. I'm sorry, I know you guys frown upon that." He wrote me up for a no-points $25 seatbelt violation rather than a $2,500 reckless driving violation. Every time I get pulled over, at the end of the session, before the LEO leaves, I apologize to him for making him pull me over. It's just being courteous.

But you can still be an ass to the Police and see if that helps you with your local PO.
It's the same as apologising for getting caught. Glad it worked for you, sounds like that particular deputy didn't really feel the paperwork involved or their administrstive policy is warning centric.

Not gonna get into it further. Enough of a sidebar as it is.
      05-03-2019, 01:26 PM   #56
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
It's the same as apologising for getting caught. Glad it worked for you, sounds like that particular deputy didn't really feel the paperwork involved or their administrstive policy is warning centric.

Not gonna get into it further. Enough of a sidebar as it is.
Nope, it's different.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 01:50 PM   #57
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:
Points have nothing to do with insurance premiums, they are a measure by the government with respect to you're licence and when to suspend you. Insurance companies look at moving violations and some non-moving violations (seat belts) when they decide to increase your rates.
right....so why is a municipal court judge advising a citizen that their insurance won't increase with just 2 points(nonetheless a speeding ticket).....hmm lets see maybe to increase points so MVC can fine your ass for the next 3 years. and his insurance will go higher.

so the judge made it seem like you save 100-200 bucks now and nothing else will happen. everyone in power wants their prey to be easy to kill. The judge don't give a rat's ass about his insurance or w/e. Also some prosectuors I've seen sharing gifts with the judge, laughing, hanging out....is that not a conflict of interest... Why are judges giving advice instead of judging cases. Why do so many judges go unopossed. because your defense attorney doesn't want to get on the judges bad side...the bad side of law lmaooo

OT: don't say a word to the officer... if you got anything on your driving record you will get a ticket. If your shit is clean, than maybe ull get away. Determine if you can go to court three times---> key to know whether to apolgize or not

also officers that tailgate....is that cool? Just another day at the office right
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 09:44 AM   #58
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep

Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Related

Appreciate 1
      05-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #59
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

How to handle your next speeding ticket....

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 10:46 AM   #60
Fast4d
Captain
Rep

Drives: 325

I counted AT LEAST 10 CHP driving between dublin south to 101 on the way to so cal.
      05-04-2019, 11:49 AM   #61
Mingwan
Major
Rep

Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Should’ve been like, “oh shit, there’s a tiger behind you.” Then driven off when they looked back.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 05:54 AM   #62
Fast4d
Captain
Rep

Drives: 325

SOP for tickets in CA.

file extensions. as many as allowed.

do TBD. if found guilty file for appearance in court (you have 15 days?)

airplane ticket so both cops have to show? makes it less likely...

or find a reasonably price lawyer if you already have points.

I did this one time in LA county. by the time of my court date it has been over 10 months since my violation. of course no one showed.
      05-05-2019, 07:47 AM   #63
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
How to handle your next speeding ticket....

/

=
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #64
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M4

Your story has changed a few times.. Plus not once have you clearly said I was never going that fast. You only said "my car beeps if I exceed xxmph."

What color is your car? slight possibility that they pointed out the wrong car. Silver Camry type cars are the best to speed in. Millions of them on the road.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 05:22 PM   #65
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlook637 View Post
Your story has changed a few times.. Plus not once have you clearly said I was never going that fast. You only said "my car beeps if I exceed xxmph."

What color is your car? slight possibility that they pointed out the wrong car. Silver Camry type cars are the best to speed in. Millions of them on the road.
....or he did it. Just sayin'

Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 05-05-2019 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 05:28 PM   #66
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M4

I was in court and listened to a driver explain to the judge that he would not had been speeding because he had a waze app, proceeded to explain what the app was. Because the app would had alerted him about a cop was ahead and he would had not been speeding. Then he explained that his 2 year old Toyota was not capable of that speed because it vibrated.

Judge seamed rather pissed on the lies wasting his time.
Appreciate 1