New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-27-2018, 07:30 PM   #23
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

I don't think those are quality issues. That's just Tesla, boys and girls.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 04:29 AM   #24
RichM50d
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: ‘22 8 Series Gran Coupe

Hold the press - Tesla are crap. Who’d have thunk it!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 12:16 PM   #25
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfall View Post
I would be just as mad if I saw such differences in panel gaps in a brand new car. We're not talking about a sub $20k focus base model... it's a tesla which starts at $35k.
Where can I get one of those $35K Tesla you speak of? I don't want any of their "fancy" options!
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16946.00
      12-29-2018, 06:07 AM   #26
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
I'm not defending Tesla. I don't think the guy is wrong about being upset with the QA failures. That one hood gap alone should have disqualified the car from delivery. As far as the paint, well, I have painted a few cars in my time, (not in a tent though) and I know dirt happens. You fix it and you move on. That, like the hood gap, should have been caught and repaired before leaving.

I noticed the apparent lack of knowledge in how a set of calipers should be used, thought that was funny, and pointed it out.
I remember the days, 30 years ago, when Toyota was introducing Lexus, the Lexus commercials were quite interesting. Two commercials that stand out were the one with the pyramid of champagne glasses stacked on top of a Lexus LS hood with the engine idling. The second one was they ran ball-bearings down the several panel gaps of the hood and decklid; the test being the bearing would stay a constant speed.

I'm sure the Model 3 could pass the champagne test.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 07:02 AM   #27
jimbobiggens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I remember the days, 30 years ago, when Toyota was introducing Lexus, the Lexus commercials were quite interesting. Two commercials that stand out were the one with the pyramid of champagne glasses stacked on top of a Lexus LS hood with the engine idling. The second one was they ran ball-bearings down the several panel gaps of the hood and decklid; the test being the bearing would stay a constant speed.

I'm sure the Model 3 could pass the champagne test.
"The relentless pursuit of perfection" Has it been 30 years?