New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #1849
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I hate a spider. You want to see a grown man freak out...put one in front of me. I will and have picked up poisonous snakes......but spiders creep me out.

I was bitten by a Brown Recluse once. It was in one of my shoes in the garage that I used to slip on when I would walk out to the yard.

Bit me on the ankle and ended up needing skin grafts in the end. Still have the scars.

An old friend of mine who bought/sold exotic animals found out really quickly as he told me to look in a tank at his place one day.

Inside was one of those bird eating spiders about the size of a dinner plate. I ran him straight over trying to get as much distance between me and it as I could. Almost broke his nose as I was flailing my arms while running!

OUCH!!!

I once got stung by a bee while I was driving..it was on my back inside my shirt..soon as i felt the stab lol i elbow drop it from top of the ring...
the dead bee was stuck on me, made the wife pull it off. 35 minute commute
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-01-2019, 01:36 PM   #1850
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I hate a spider. You want to see a grown man freak out...put one in front of me. I will and have picked up poisonous snakes......but spiders creep me out.

I was bitten by a Brown Recluse once. It was in one of my shoes in the garage that I used to slip on when I would walk out to the yard.

Bit me on the ankle and ended up needing skin grafts in the end. Still have the scars.

An old friend of mine who bought/sold exotic animals found out really quickly as he told me to look in a tank at his place one day.

Inside was one of those bird eating spiders about the size of a dinner plate. I ran him straight over trying to get as much distance between me and it as I could. Almost broke his nose as I was flailing my arms while running!
Brown recluse bites are no joke! I was bitten by one on my shoulder in my wee years. I didn't need grafts but I will never forget the smell of that skin as it rotted away. I was quite young and couldn't see the area without using a mirror, but I do remember the smell and that it looked like clear jelly stuck to my shoulder; that and my mother being terrified until it started healing. That was the summer I went shirtless as I seeped through bandages and clothing to the point my mother was tired of washing my stinky, rotten flesh clothes.
Appreciate 3
Shiza1194.50
Rmtt8211.00
wdb4718.00
      05-01-2019, 01:37 PM   #1851
Shiza
Captain
Rep

Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post

OUCH!!!

I once got stung by a bee while I was driving..it was on my back inside my shirt..soon as i felt the stab lol i elbow drop it from top of the ring...
I hate bees. I once had a bee crawl inside my helmet while I was riding my motorcycle. Bastard stung me on the lips and I had to reach in from the bottom and pull him out while riding
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907431.00
      05-01-2019, 01:51 PM   #1852
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
I hate bees. I once had a bee crawl inside my helmet while I was riding my motorcycle. Bastard stung me on the lips and I had to reach in from the bottom and pull him out while riding
dammm.. thats crazy!! glad you didnt wreck, i know i wouldve freaked out lol
Appreciate 1
Shiza1194.50
      05-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #1853
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

My similar freak-out confession of this type is that i hate large flying insects and bats. Just last night a dragonfly got into the kitchen and by the time the war was won, every kitchen cabinet door had bug spray on it and i had to run all exposed glassware through the dishwasher.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-01-2019, 02:05 PM   #1854
Shiza
Captain
Rep

Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Quote:
dammm.. thats crazy!! glad you didnt wreck, i know i wouldve freaked out lol
Not my first run in with those little demons.

About 15 years ago my brother and I were playing with airsoft guns in the woods behind our house with a few friends. We finished a round and while we were standing around talking I felt like I was being pinched. So I turn to my brother and tell him to stop shooting me. He looks confused, I look down and I have bees crawling through my shirt and pants. Long story short, 72 stings. I stepped on a hive on the ground by accident. The bees were not thrilled.
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907431.00
      05-01-2019, 02:09 PM   #1855
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:

OUCH!!!

That had to suck especially while driving!
      05-01-2019, 02:17 PM   #1856
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Brown recluse bites are no joke! I was bitten by one on my shoulder in my wee years. I didn't need grafts but I will never forget the smell of that skin as it rotted away. I was quite young and couldn't see the area without using a mirror, but I do remember the smell and that it looked like clear jelly stuck to my shoulder; that and my mother being terrified until it started healing. That was the summer I went shirtless as I seeped through bandages and clothing to the point my mother was tired of washing my stinky, rotten flesh clothes.

I think the only reason I needed grafts was because it was on the ankle at the thinnest part of skin before bone. I remember going in and them having to clean and excavte it....and basically everything is left open. When they figured out the skin wouldn't come back thick enough in that area, they said grafts were the only way to eventually get it closed up.

It was painful. I got bit in the morning and didn't realize it. About a couple hours later at work, I was limping and my co-worker whose brother actually owned the company asked what was wrong.

By that point, I couldn't get my steel toe boots off because of the swelling. He took me to the ER, and they cut the boot off.

They immediately knew what it was. Sucks that you can't give something that stops the process immediately.

Basically shot up the surrounding areas with antibiotics and I guess anti-venom. But it eventually developed into this bullseye over my entire ankle, and then the flesh started coming off.

Never would wish it on anyone!
      05-01-2019, 02:29 PM   #1857
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I think the only reason I needed grafts was because it was on the ankle at the thinnest part of skin before bone. I remember going in and them having to clean and excavte it....and basically everything is left open. When they figured out the skin wouldn't come back thick enough in that area, they said grafts were the only way to eventually get it closed up.

It was painful. I got bit in the morning and didn't realize it. About a couple hours later at work, I was limping and my co-worker whose brother actually owned the company asked what was wrong.

By that point, I couldn't get my steel toe boots off because of the swelling. He took me to the ER, and they cut the boot off.

They immediately knew what it was. Sucks that you can't give something that stops the process immediately.

Basically shot up the surrounding areas with antibiotics and I guess anti-venom. But it eventually developed into this bullseye over my entire ankle, and then the flesh started coming off.

Never would wish it on anyone!
Dammit man! That's terrible! I feel somewhat fortunate with mine. I was playing with a group of neighborhood friends the day before, woke up, went to the kitchen and let the motherly figure know that my shoulder hurt/felt like it was burning. I didn't get to see the site at that point but she instantly took me to the ER. I do remember the doctor telling her that there was nothing they could do but keep an eye on it as it progressed. Again, I was really young maybe 5-6. I remember the burning, the smell and how bad it itched.....oh and when I woke up one morning and nasty jellyfish skin was stuck to my sheets. I also remember that my dad kept me entertained with G.I Joe comics.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-01-2019, 02:36 PM   #1858
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
absolutely screw anything with more than 4 feet, i can't do that
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 02:38 PM   #1859
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I hate when I ride up the ass end of a bee (open face helmet)
      05-01-2019, 10:41 PM   #1860
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Shitting yourself.

No one wants to admit it, but it happens to everyone. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when.

Btw there's no reason I thought of this tonight. Nothing happened at all
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
kscarrol8907.50
wdb4718.00
      05-01-2019, 11:34 PM   #1861
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

How does anyone full on shit themselves, I would wager I fart more times a day than 10 normal people and dont crap my pants.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 01:40 AM   #1862
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
i have been living like a complete degenerate for the last few weeks and i cant say i don't like it
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
Rmtt8211.00
wdb4718.00
      05-02-2019, 07:17 AM   #1863
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Shitting yourself.

No one wants to admit it, but it happens to everyone. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when.

Btw there's no reason I thought of this tonight. Nothing happened at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
How does anyone full on shit themselves, I would wager I fart more times a day than 10 normal people and dont crap my pants.
I trust absolutely no person who says that they have never shit themselves as an adult. Hell, I've even witnessed it happen at a grocery store.....oddly, several times. It happens. You think you need to secretly let out a little wind and end up with a surprise at the end. Doesn't have to be a full on release, just a rose bud is enough to ruin the next however long it takes you to get home to shower and change.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 08:08 AM   #1864
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Since weather is getting warmer, the creepy crawlers starting to come out.
sometimes we find house centipedes on a wall or scrambling thru hard wood floor....hard to see them too. I usually check the rooms at night just in case i find an intruder. Last week, one night I was doing my inspection with my flashlight. It was on the floor facing the corner of the kids room. I have 2yr old boy and 4 month girl...so when i put the flashlight on dam critter. It moved slightly and i was able to confirm it was a spider. (quarter size)
So I got the windex bottle, within 2 ft I super soaked it, whacked it with sneaker. Both of my kids are sleeping in living room ..the wife says WHAT WAS THAT??? So i picked it up and showed it to her...she was like where did you find that, i said in the kids room,
NOW its 11pm and she is turning all the lights lol checking every corner.

I wonder if the spider relative is coming after me..still havent seen spider!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      05-02-2019, 08:12 AM   #1865
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Drives: blue streak

i have an exterminator dude that comes in couple times a year. sprays and sets traps. just pulled 2 bats and six mice out if attic
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 03:02 PM   #1866
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I read an article where Jay Cutler was talking about being in the off-season between his Mr. Olympia wins.

Said that his trainer had him eating an insane amount of calories, and he got stuck in traffic and shit himself before making it to anywhere he could relieve himself. Basically at that point all he could do was finish his ride home as he wasn't stopping anywhere else already looking like he did.

Said it ended up in needing his car seat completely replaced.

Since I keep my diet and meals pretty much on the same schedule, I typically have a regular schedule that I can rely on to avoid those situations!!
      05-02-2019, 03:33 PM   #1867
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The sphincter is the biggest troll among the body parts. Yours is just waiting for the most opportune moment to fuck with you.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 09:41 PM   #1868
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Getting stung while riding sucks. Had it happen on my FJ1200 when a bee hit my neck and fell into my shirt. It went nuts and started stinging me. Luckily I was on a side street and could stop quickly and take off my shirt to get rid of it. Then last year I was cycling and had the same thing happen. Just got stung once that time. People driving by must wonder why some nutcase on the side of the road is violently stripping off his shirt.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
UncleWede17979.50
nyalpine907431.00
      05-05-2019, 12:59 AM   #1869
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: G20

Operation Bio (bang it out). We had a sexually frustrated female in our unit. The boss said someone has to take one for the team. Her mood swings were becoming so bad he wanted to court marshal her but we couldn't find a replacement at the time. Thankfully it wasn't me but my oppo was given a direct command. Things improved after that! She had a big smile and never delayed processing paperwork again.
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2019, 04:39 PM   #1870
wdb
dances with roads
Rep

Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

I once drove 2 hours to a remote office location, got out of the car, farted-only-oopsie!-it-wasn't-just-a-fart. Went in anyway, strategically locating my laptop bag as I passed the security droids, cleaned up as well as I could in the boy's room, slathered my ass with most of the roll of TP, strategically walked back out, and drove 2 hours back home.

So yeah. Sharting. It can really suck sometimes.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7558.50