New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-11-2019, 07:15 AM   #441
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

finished installing the baseboards and shoe moulding in the office area. just gotta seal everything up!

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 07:18 AM   #442
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

and here's how the new pantry turned out. each shelf is a specific height the wifey requested for items that were either pretty tall or short. the 4 bottom shelves are deeper compared to the 3 upper shelves. than I finished off the edges with some base moulding flipped upside down

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 08:02 AM   #443
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

lsturbointeg Beautiful work. I have to ask, is this your full time job? Because if you are doing all this work AND you have some other 9-5, well, you just made me feel lazy as F.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      06-11-2019, 08:40 AM   #444
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
lsturbointeg Beautiful work. I have to ask, is this your full time job? Because if you are doing all this work AND you have some other 9-5, well, you just made me feel lazy as F.
He's also over in the Yard Freaks thread doing all kinds of stuff in his yard too. And BBQing. I have concluded he does not sleep.
DETRoadster11446.00
wrickem2101.00
      06-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #445
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Beautiful work. I have to ask, is this your full time job? Because if you are doing all this work AND you have some other 9-5, well, you just made me feel lazy as F.
Right? Same here. Along with the posts in the gym threads, lsturbointeg when do you sleep?
Appreciate 2
      06-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #446
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Quote:
Beautiful work. I have to ask, is this your full time job? Because if you are doing all this work AND you have some other 9-5, well, you just made me feel lazy as F.
Right? Same here. Along with the posts in the gym threads, lsturbointeg when do you sleep?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Quote:
He's also over in the Yard Freaks thread doing all kinds of stuff in his yard too. And BBQing. I have concluded he does not sleep.
There's only 1 logical explanation. lsturbointeg is actually 4 people. That's right. Identical quadruplets. They all share the same screen name but different hobbies.
Appreciate 4
RickFLM410880.50
King Rudi13152.00
wrickem2101.00
      06-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #447
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
There's only 1 logical explanation. lsturbointeg is actually 4 people. That's right. Identical quadruplets. They all share the same screen name but different hobbies.
I was going to say a meth'd out vampire, but yes, your explanation seems more logical.
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11446.00
wrickem2101.00
      06-11-2019, 11:27 AM   #448
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL I use to be a contractor back in the day. I use to install Crown moulding, finished carpentry, wood flooring and room remodeling. i don't do it anymore but with this new house I've been doing everything myself saving a ton of money instead of paying someone to do it. but i do have a 9-5 job. 9-5 job posting here on the forums lol! at least when the boss isn't around

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
haha! when i'm not working in the house my ass is outside doing yard work. between house projects, yard work, BBQing and going to the gym i don't have time for the BMW anymore

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 06-11-2019 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00
      06-11-2019, 11:32 AM   #449
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

i sleep here at work. than i wake up and jump on the forums when the boss ain't lookin...kinda like what i'm doing right now eating my carbs so i can't go to the gym right after work. than right after the gym go home pound my protein...than jump my ass on the lawn tractor and cut the lawn. than when the sun's about to go down start working on the house projects. about midnight i hit the bed to which i start the whole process over again
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 11:35 AM   #450
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ha! i have yet run into myself. hopefully i'm the hotter of the 4
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11446.00
King Rudi13152.00
      06-11-2019, 12:21 PM   #451
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Quote:

i sleep here at work. than i wake up and jump on the forums when the boss ain't lookin...kinda like what i'm doing right now eating my carbs so i can't go to the gym right after work. than right after the gym go home pound my protein...than jump my ass on the lawn tractor and cut the lawn. than when the sun's about to go down start working on the house projects. about midnight i hit the bed to which i start the whole process over again
See that's my problem. I can't survive on less than 7 hours sleep. I'm in bed by 10 so I can get up at 5:30 and go to work for 11 hours. I'd get so much more done if I could stay up till midnight and had a 9-5 instead of a 6:30 - 5:30.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 10:07 AM   #452
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep

Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Man, I gotta get some pics up in here. Things that have happened in in the first ~month of ownership:

Sewer line repair
12 trees removed (I hated to take down mature healthy trees, but these were 30-40ft tall cedars and pines that were only about 3 feet away from the house)
Japanese maple added to front courtyard, Japanese blood grass added to front planter
New 6" gutters, downspouts and drain tile scheduled
6 yards of topsoil delivered and redistributed post sewer line repair
Light fixtures and outlets added to basement workout area
New window shades installed throughout
Replaced a few interior/exterior light fixtures, got some art hung on the walls, put together a couple of bookshelves
Concrete walkway and coop for trash/recycle bins scheduled to be poured
Fascia wood replacement scheduled
House repaint scheduled

If anyone is on Instagram, you can check out @flatrooffantasies for the blow by blow.
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2019, 12:37 PM   #453
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Man, I gotta get some pics up in here. Things that have happened in in the first ~month of ownership:

Sewer line repair
12 trees removed (I hated to take down mature healthy trees, but these were 30-40ft tall cedars and pines that were only about 3 feet away from the house)
Japanese maple added to front courtyard, Japanese blood grass added to front planter
New 6" gutters, downspouts and drain tile scheduled
6 yards of topsoil delivered and redistributed post sewer line repair
Light fixtures and outlets added to basement workout area
New window shades installed throughout
Replaced a few interior/exterior light fixtures, got some art hung on the walls, put together a couple of bookshelves
Concrete walkway and coop for trash/recycle bins scheduled to be poured
Fascia wood replacement scheduled
House repaint scheduled

If anyone is on Instagram, you can check out @flatrooffantasies for the blow by blow.
Let's see those Japanese maples! I'm trying to decide which one's to get?
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2019, 12:45 PM   #454
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

This weekend's work won't be visible.
Middle son took a bed frame with him to school. Somehow, on the way home it wouldn't fit, so he decided to saw the mattress foundation in half

Wife asked me to make a replacement. I get to HD and find they have these "finished" sheets of birch, but it's $60/sheet. Perfect, then I won't have to sand the surface or wrap it in any material so the mattress doesn't get messed up.

Measure thrice, cut once, even cut the corners so can get a hand in there. Put it in the frame, SOLID foundation for the mattress. She decides the mattress surface isn't high enough, and put the hacked piece on top of the birch. If I had known this, I would have bought the $20 sheet
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 01:06 PM   #455
hooligan_G01
Rep

Quote:
Let's see those Japanese maples! I'm trying to decide which one's to get?
I love Emperor Japanese maples and Bloodgood Japanese maples, but we needed something that would stay small since it was going in our courtyard.

We ended up with a green laceleaf Japanese maple, which will only get 7-8' tall.

How big is the area you're looking to put it in? We had a 10' Bloodgood at the old house in NC and loved it, they get to be about 15-20' tall at full maturity.
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2019, 03:09 PM   #456
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Japanese maple added to front courtyard
Transplanted Japanese Maple tree last fall all by myself, kept fingers crossed all winter and it came up nicely this spring...

Name:  IMG_20190610_145456781.jpg
Views: 1771
Size:  928.2 KB
Appreciate 4
      06-24-2019, 03:13 PM   #457
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
We ended up with a green laceleaf Japanese maple, which will only get 7-8' tall.
We also did one last year in the front, awesome plants...

Name:  IMG_20190610_145241653.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  665.0 KB
Appreciate 2
      06-24-2019, 05:22 PM   #458
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

How big is the area you're looking to put it in? We had a 10' Bloodgood at the old house in NC and loved it, they get to be about 15-20' tall at full maturity.
I'm looking for two of them to replace these trees that died because of the hard winter.

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 05:24 PM   #459
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocan View Post
Transplanted Japanese Maple tree last fall all by myself, kept fingers crossed all winter and it came up nicely this spring...

Attachment 2084711
That's the Japanese Maple I like. What kind is it?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 06:13 PM   #460
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That's the Japanese Maple I like. What kind is it?
I wish I could tell you, we saw it a few years ago at our favorite garden center with no tag. It was tiny compared to now but my best guess is run of the mill bloodgood tree.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2019, 08:24 AM   #461
hooligan_G01
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave View Post
Started my kitchen renovation recently. I want to repaint walls in the kitchen and buy new cabinets. First time in my life I'm going to do it by myself, I think paint walls is not so hard task. I already have some supplies, ladder and paint. Also specific question, can I paint white over an orange wall without a white primer? The paint supposedly has primer in it but I was told two different answers two days in a row and now I'm confused.
Sure, you can. It will certainly take two coats, likely three to get good coverage, however.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 06:42 PM   #462
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

If the paint has primer in it you shouldn't have to. But only if it's a quality brand cause I tried a cheaper brand that had primer and it was shit. I only use Behr Marquee from Home Depot and have only had great results. Also because it is the kitchen make sure the walls are nice and clean
Appreciate 1