New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

09-17-2024, 05:51 AM   #155
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Drives: None atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Again, I don't need to write an internet thesis paper every time I post. You asked for the source for the number and I presented the source. The two sources state CO2 is absorbed by the forest and vegetation. CO2 is cited by most climate fearers as the concerning greenhouse gas mostly created by automobiles (there are nearly 8 billion people on the planet that exhaust CO2 as well, but let's leave that subject alone). I never discounted other oxides, such as nitrogen, don't warrant concern, but catalytic converters were invented to burn most of those compounds post combustion in the cylinder. And we are getting more oceans, as the climate fearers tell us, the oceans are rising. If oceans both recycle and sequester CO2, rising oceans are a good thing. If green plants recycle CO2 into oxygen, we need more green plants.
Lets see where to start with this first and foremost it is correct nature do absorb co2 but not all co2 that is a false claim, our plants and vegetations do adapt but not as fast as we pour out co2, we also do not know how much co2 is stored in our oceans or can be stored nor do we want to find out alright sense once the oceans tips to a certain threshold its game over.

The fact that you use one of the worst arguments in history if ever one existed about humans exhaling co2 and saying that is not an issue without realising that everything we exhale is part of the natural cycle and fossil fuels aint so stop spreading that myth. The fossil fuels that we are burning is co2 that has been stored away from our atmosphere and removed by time it self that we are now pouring back in to our atmosphere again causing weather events to become worse then they actually need to be.

No catalytic converters do not convert all our emissions in to less harmful stuff nor do they work properly the first 10-15 min of starting a car before they get to the proper operating temperature a lot of people has less then that to their work in their cars. So no they do not get the cars up to proper temperature before turning the car off again.

If the emissions weren't harmful to us from the cars then by all means it shouldn't be dangerous to sit in a garage with the car on right?

So stop spreading miss information that is being pumped out by the big oil companies and get your facts straight.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2024, 06:02 AM   #156
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Drives: G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
Lets see where to start with this first and foremost it is correct nature do absorb co2 but not all co2 that is a false claim, our plants and vegetations do adapt but not as fast as we pour out co2.

Plants simply take up CO2. There is no adaptation. This is what they do. The more CO2 you have, the more plants grow.

This is literally why gardeners and most large-scale food producers inject above-average amounts of CO2 into their greenhouses.

You are putting out CO2 right now. "Big Oil" does not care about CO2, but those sitting in Davos who want you on a carbon tracker and social credit do.

Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh18707.50
      09-17-2024, 06:14 AM   #157
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neusser View Post
Eco-greenie with his B58.

It takes all kinds, I guess.

Owning a car means I have to deny climate change? Wrong.
Appreciate 1
David701673.50
      09-17-2024, 06:34 AM   #158
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Drives: None atm

Quote:

Plants simply take up CO2. There is no adaptation. This is what they do. The more CO2 you have, the more plants grow.

This is literally why gardeners and most large-scale food producers inject above-average amounts of CO2 into their greenhouses.

You are putting out CO2 right now. "Big Oil" does not care about CO2, but those sitting in Davos who want you on a carbon tracker and social credit do.

Once again, you’re demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of how plants and ecosystems work, so stop using these tired, debunked arguments.

You clearly don’t grasp the connection between photosynthesis, extreme weather patterns, and the overall health of ecosystems. Oversimplifying a complex process like CO2 absorption while ignoring the realities of climate change is insulting to scientists and experts who’ve dedicated their lives to understanding these issues. Controlled CO2 injections in greenhouses have nothing to do with the uncontrolled emissions we’re pumping into the atmosphere—so don’t even bother making that comparison.

As for humans exhaling CO2, I’ve already explained: it’s part of a natural cycle—a zero-sum game. You’re either not reading or wilfully ignoring the facts.

Now, let’s address your conspiracy nonsense about Davos and the ‘elites.’ This ‘elite control’ fantasy you keep spouting is exactly that—a fantasy. No one is trying to control you through climate science. If anything, those in power benefit from you consuming more, not less. The real issue here is our over-reliance on fossil fuels and the measurable, documented damage they’re doing to our planet.

Honestly, the fact that you keep shifting the conversation from scientific evidence to wild conspiracy theories tells me you have no real argument. You’re not engaging with facts—you’re just repeating baseless talking points.

Enough said. It’s clear you have no clue what you’re talking about, and you’ve provided zero factual support for your claims. This conversation is over."

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 2
David701673.50
      09-17-2024, 06:42 AM   #159
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Once again, you’re demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of how plants and ecosystems work, so stop using these tired, debunked arguments.

You clearly don’t grasp the connection between photosynthesis, extreme weather patterns, and the overall health of ecosystems. Oversimplifying a complex process like CO2 absorption while ignoring the realities of climate change is insulting to scientists and experts who’ve dedicated their lives to understanding these issues. Controlled CO2 injections in greenhouses have nothing to do with the uncontrolled emissions we’re pumping into the atmosphere—so don’t even bother making that comparison.

As for humans exhaling CO2, I’ve already explained: it’s part of a natural cycle—a zero-sum game. You’re either not reading or wilfully ignoring the facts.

Now, let’s address your conspiracy nonsense about Davos and the ‘elites.’ This ‘elite control’ fantasy you keep spouting is exactly that—a fantasy. No one is trying to control you through climate science. If anything, those in power benefit from you consuming more, not less. The real issue here is our over-reliance on fossil fuels and the measurable, documented damage they’re doing to our planet.

Honestly, the fact that you keep shifting the conversation from scientific evidence to wild conspiracy theories tells me you have no real argument. You’re not engaging with facts—you’re just repeating baseless talking points.

Enough said. It’s clear you have no clue what you’re talking about, and you’ve provided zero factual support for your claims. This conversation is over."
The argument was so basic and so demonstrable at a simple comprehensible level that you cannot argue against it, as no amount of computer modeling and number fudgery can compete with basic natural scientific principles.

As for the rest, I edited papers on the Davos social credit system, IoB, digital ID, and CBDCs at my previous employer. If you want a view of what they would like to implement, look to China, where many items are already reality. They really do plan for you to "own nothing and be happy."

You are free to name-call, but it doesn't help the situation.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh18707.50
      09-17-2024, 06:48 AM   #160
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportySpice View Post
Owning a car means I have to deny climate change? Wrong.
That is called a straw man fallacy.

You own a B58. A gas guzzling I6er. The M-Peformance version, no less.

Why not a 3-4 cylinder or an EV?

Or why not take the bus?

Practice what you preach. Or is there a smidgen of doubt there?
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh18707.50
      09-17-2024, 07:00 AM   #161
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

What? Who at Davos wants to put you on a carbon tracker and social credit? For what purpose? Do you actually think the people at Davos are more elite, richer, and exert more control than the people and countries running the fossil fuel industry?

You made some weird claim about somebody (the Davos people?) ending personal ownership. Why? Those same Davos people have gotten very, very rich by selling crap to the little guy. Why would they want to end that?

And do you think we can’t already be tracked with our phones, cars, televisions, etc- the things we willingly use? Do you honestly think that we aren’t already under control with jobs, mortgages, and other financial and social commitments? Absolutely nothing needs to change to achieve whatever dystopian future you seem to be imagining.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 07:26 AM   #162
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is called a straw man fallacy.

You own a B58. A gas guzzling I6er. The M-Peformance version, no less.

Why not a 3-4 cylinder or an EV?

Or why not take the bus?

Practice what you preach. Or is there a smidgen of doubt there?
The “straw man” argument is yours. YOU are the one claiming I can’t drive my car and believe that climate change is happening.

Since you want to play this game, I do take buses and trains. I drive less than 4,000 miles per year. I fly rarely and I don’t eat beef.

But I don’t operate a utility company. I’m not forcing people to return to offices and commuting after remote work has proven effective. I’m not building and selling giant houses in far flung suburbs. I don’t take private jets or fly commercial ones frequently. I’m not lobbying politicians to ignore carbon emissions. And I’m not on social media spreading fake news.

As I’ve said already in this post that I support research and investment in FCEVs, BEVs, and alternative fuels. I support investment in public transportation and walkable communities. You’re welcome.
Appreciate 1
David701673.50
      09-17-2024, 02:46 PM   #163
Ugly Kar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E92 to C43 Cab to G42

Quote:
Lets see where to start with this first and foremost it is correct nature do absorb co2 but not all co2 that is a false claim, our plants and vegetations do adapt but not as fast as we pour out co2, we also do not know how much co2 is stored in our oceans or can be stored nor do we want to find out alright sense once the oceans tips to a certain threshold its game over.

The fact that you use one of the worst arguments in history if ever one existed about humans exhaling co2 and saying that is not an issue without realising that everything we exhale is part of the natural cycle and fossil fuels aint so stop spreading that myth. The fossil fuels that we are burning is co2 that has been stored away from our atmosphere and removed by time it self that we are now pouring back in to our atmosphere again causing weather events to become worse then they actually need to be.

No catalytic converters do not convert all our emissions in to less harmful stuff nor do they work properly the first 10-15 min of starting a car before they get to the proper operating temperature a lot of people has less then that to their work in their cars. So no they do not get the cars up to proper temperature before turning the car off again.

If the emissions weren't harmful to us from the cars then by all means it shouldn't be dangerous to sit in a garage with the car on right?

So stop spreading miss information that is being pumped out by the big oil companies and get your facts straight.
Can you tell me where I can find this misinformation being pumped out by big oil companies? I would like to read up on it, but I’ve searched and haven’t been able to find anything. I want to make sure I have the facts straight.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 05:26 PM   #164
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The “straw man” argument is yours. YOU are the one claiming I can’t drive my car and believe that climate change is happening.

Since you want to play this game, I do take buses and trains. I drive less than 4,000 miles per year. I fly rarely and I don’t eat beef.

But I don’t operate a utility company. I’m not forcing people to return to offices and commuting after remote work has proven effective. I’m not building and selling giant houses in far flung suburbs. I don’t take private jets or fly commercial ones frequently. I’m not lobbying politicians to ignore carbon emissions. And I’m not on social media spreading fake news.

As I’ve said already in this post that I support research and investment in FCEVs, BEVs, and alternative fuels. I support investment in public transportation and walkable communities. You’re welcome.
A straw man is a silly caricature of your interlocutor's argument that makes the argument appear easy to defeat. A fallacy.

Back to reality: I asked you why you why you drive a gas guzzling B58 (M-Perf. version) when it would make far more sense to live in line with your beliefs.

Purchase an "environmentally friendly" car?

This is not complicated, but cognitive dissonance sure gets the emotions out on display.

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 05:35 PM   #165
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Quote:
What? Who at Davos wants to put you on a carbon tracker and social credit? For what purpose? Do you actually think the people at Davos are more elite, richer, and exert more control than the people and countries running the fossil fuel industry?

You made some weird claim about somebody (the Davos people?) ending personal ownership. Why? .

The comment I made was merely the tip of the iceberg--a reference to a video WEF put out in which they say directly that "You will own nothing and be happy."

The reams of information on this subject are easy to find. I have worked on materials for Agenda 2030 (part of The Great Reset) as well as seminars on the IoB and IoT (which are really one and the same) and how digital information on all aspects of your life will be centralized at the international level and linked to your incoming digital ID as well as a social credit score.

I even worked on a sample document containing a model for how one's access could be refused at a fully digitally staffed hotel (I will not mention the chain) if they were not "vaccinated" or did not have enough social credit points. Similar models are being considered for vehicles, banking, and other areas of life.

I no longer work at the employer who was heavily involved in this, as I could not in good conscience continue, but I can say that it was a top US consulting company.

Back to owning nothing--that you are not even aware of this tiny snippet of information (the video) but charge in headfirst says all I need to know.

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 05:47 PM   #166
BroDoze
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2025 M2 LCI cometh

Cow farts
      09-17-2024, 05:58 PM   #167
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
A straw man is a silly caricature of your interlocutor's argument that makes the argument appear easy to defeat. A fallacy.

Back to reality: I asked you why you why you drive a gas guzzling B58 (M-Perf. version) when it would make far more sense to live in line with your beliefs.

Purchase an "environmentally friendly" car?

This is not complicated, but cognitive dissonance sure gets the emotions out on display.

You keep using these words - do you know what they mean? YOU built the “straw man.” Where have I demonstrated “cognitive dissonance?” What “emotion” is on display? You have no argument so you’re deflecting and distracting.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 06:02 PM   #168
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The comment I made was merely the tip of the iceberg—a reference to a video WEF put out in which they say directly that "You will own nothing and be happy."

The reams of information on this subject are easy to find. I have worked on materials for Agenda 2030 (part of The Great Reset) as well as seminars on the IoB and IoT (which are really one and the same) and how digital information on all aspects of your life will be centralized at the international level and linked to your incoming digital ID as well as a social credit score.

I even worked on a sample document containing a model for how one's access could be refused at a fully digitally staffed hotel (I will not mention the chain) if they were not "vaccinated" or did not have enough social credit points. Similar models are being considered for vehicles, banking, and other areas of life.

I no longer work at the employer who was heavily involved in this, as I could not in good conscience continue, but I can say that it was a top US consulting company.

Back to owning nothing—that you are not even aware of this tiny snippet of information (the video) but charge in headfirst says all I need to know.

Provide some REPUTABLE sources since they’re so extensive.

Your climate change denialism and unhinged conspiracy theories tell me all I need to know
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 09:58 PM   #169
Tejas1836
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75

Quote:

Your climate change denialism and unhinged conspiracy theories tell me all I need to know
LOL
      09-18-2024, 05:01 AM   #170
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You keep using these words - do you know what they mean? YOU built the “straw man.” Where have I demonstrated “cognitive dissonance?” What “emotion” is on display? You have no argument so you’re deflecting and distracting.
I said you drive a gas guzzler and that this fact is inconsistent with your virtue signaling.

You then said I claimed you should not own a car. That is a straw man. A caricature of what I said. We both know your beliefs and actions are inconsistent here. But take solace, you are hardly alone. Quite dishonest, ofc.

Exhibit B: Our local Green Party distributes campaign posters from the back of a Cayenne Turbo owned by one of the (local) party bigwigs who lives in a 4-million-euro villa around the corner.

Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh18707.50
      09-18-2024, 05:17 AM   #171
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Quote:

You can start here.

https://www.malone.news/p/the-great-...m-with-chinese

You may also want to consider a less emotional response in the future.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2024, 10:07 AM   #172
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I said you drive a gas guzzler and that this fact is inconsistent with your virtue signaling.

You then said I claimed you should not own a car. That is a straw man. A caricature of what I said. We both know your beliefs and actions are inconsistent here. But take solace, you are hardly alone. Quite dishonest, ofc.

Exhibit B: Our local Green Party distributes campaign posters from the back of a Cayenne Turbo owned by one of the (local) party bigwigs who lives in a 4-million-euro villa around the corner.

You questioned why I own my car because I accept the science of climate change. That is the straw man.

How are my beliefs and actions inconsistent? You told me to take the bus. I do take the bus. You lost that argument so you’re latched onto my car. If you think climate change isn’t an issue and more emissions are better because plants and greening, why aren’t you driving an X7 or a 20 year old Chevy Suburban? Do you see how stupid and disingenuous your argument is? Probably not because you keep trying to make it.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2024, 10:13 AM   #173
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You can start here.

https://www.malone.news/p/the-great-reset-capitalism-with-chinese

You may also want to consider a less emotional response in the future.
Lol I said REPUTABLE. You’re seriously using an antivaxxer known for spreading misinformation during the COVID pandemic as a source? Explains a lot. You may want to do a little less worrying about my car and a little more digging into the source of the crackpot conspiracy theories you’ve latched on to.

I’ll worry about my emotions when you address your health, mental and otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2024, 11:39 AM   #174
David70
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 20 AM Vantage -13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Eco-greenie with his B58.

It takes all kinds, I guess.

Best I can tell from your posts are that someone can't believe in global warming unless they are doing everything possible to prevent it. Makes no sense.
      09-18-2024, 03:17 PM   #175
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You questioned why I own my car because I accept the science of climate change. That is the straw man.

How are my beliefs and actions inconsistent? You told me to take the bus. I do take the bus. You lost that argument so you’re latched onto my car. If you think climate change isn’t an issue and more emissions are better because plants and greening, why aren’t you driving an X7 or a 20 year old Chevy Suburban? Do you see how stupid and disingenuous your argument is? Probably not because you keep trying to make it.
It's all in black and white. I pointed out that you own a gas guzzler and asked why not drive something more appropriate, or why not take the bus?

Still no answer to the question, ofc.

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2024, 03:24 PM   #176
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Lol I said REPUTABLE. You’re seriously using an antivaxxer known for spreading misinformation during the COVID pandemic as a source? Explains a lot. You may want to do a little less worrying about my car and a little more digging into the source of the crackpot conspiracy theories you’ve latched on to.

I’ll worry about my emotions when you address your health, mental and otherwise.
Malone invented MRNA tech.

His information as it pertains to technocracy and Davos is a compilation of more knowledgable folks, ofc.

If a major player like Malone could wake up, imagine what could lie in your future, Sporty Spice.
Appreciate 0