New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

12-19-2022, 05:50 PM   #947
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
The game is meaningless now, all that matters is the playoffs. Cowboys should think about resting some ailing players as well. Luckily Vander Esch injury not related to his on-going neck issues, kid is one good hit away from ending his career.

Both have clinched their playoffs spots and they aren't changing. Time to get healthy for playoff run.
Agreed.

Had Cowboys actually WON, different scenario.
Appreciate 1
M3WC3822.50
      12-20-2022, 09:15 AM   #948
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Since week 10 Dak has thrown 9 interceptions, no one else has thrown more than 5.

Dak now has the highest interception rate in the NFL...3.9%.

The late 3rd quarter interception from Dallas own 8 yard line, up 10 points...is inexcusable. Quit trying to be the hero, let your defense close these leads out.
The one where Dak's arm got hit?

Dak has thrown some bad picks this season, trying to force the ball downfield, but hes also had some bad luck on ints. The last 2 weeks, his 4ints have all had something go wrong. 1 vs Texans where Brown tips the ball to the DB, 1 vs Texans where hes getting hit, 1 vs Jags where his arm is hit, 1 vs Jags where he gives Brown a perfect ball and he tips it to the DB.

Dak isnt completely innocent in all his Ints, but about half of them this season have also been the result of bad decisions by his WRs/TEs (running wrong routes, in an offense that relies on timing routes and receivers being in the right spot as the ball gets there) or by poor play of the WRs/TEs (tipping up catchable balls that hit them in the hands or not going for the ball)

At the end of the day, I will keep pounding the "Fire Kellen Moore" drum. Dak clearly makes up for Kellen's bad play calling. What OC calls the exact same play back to back on a drive that we need a 1st down to close the game, when that play hasnt worked the last 5 times we ran it the last few drives? Then goes for deep shots on a 3rd down where even if you dont get the 1st, a run or short completion gets the other team to use their last TO, effectively ending the game as well. Our WRs are at the bottom of the league in separation, where other teams with less talent at WR are able to scheme guys open, and opposing defenses have said throughout the season they are able to figure out plays because we do the same things over and over without disguising them.

We can only hope our defense gets going again, because I have no faith in kellen being able to call a complete game. Unfortunately, with the injuries on defense starting to pile up, we are going to rely on our offense to win us games. Dak was 15/16 with 2 tds in the 1st half vs the Jags, and we were moving the ball with ease through the air and on the ground, but Kellen decided to go away from what was working and it bit us in the ass.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 09:21 AM   #949
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Remember this stat line?

Remember how Cam’s #1 receiver by snap count was Daimyr Byrd, and Cam gave him, NKeal a career year - (in 14 games) and Julian Edelman a career game?
Made Jacobi Myers a household name?

22TDs/10ints.

Mac Jones, with 2 star TEs, Good pass catching backs, (Stevenson) 3 good WRs, including one who is great at contested catches (Parker, Agholor, Meyers, - Hell, even Borne) 2 years on the team, including a full offseason and preseason) is at

7TDs - 8ints and is likely looking at a sun .500 season
(7-10 is looking very likely)

Hope Mac is washing cars by year 4
Jones hasnt been good this year, but he was still better than Cam could have hoped to be last year.

And like almost every NFL Analyst has said this season, the issue lies more on the Pats garbage OC than on Mac Jones.

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 08:03 AM   #950
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Jones hasnt been good this year, but he was still better than Cam could have hoped to be last year.

And like almost every NFL Analyst has said this season, the issue lies more on the Pats garbage OC than on Mac Jones.
Cam Matched Macs stats with significantly less talent around him and a tougher schedule.

You’re going to claim that Mac would have done better in 2020, when he had the same stats as Cam a year later with more talent and an easier schedule?

Mac is literally doing worse when he actually has to play tough teams

Mac has 7TDs for the year and 8ints. Matty P isn’t the out there throwing the ball, and anyone with eyes can see that Jones is literally at his ceiling, missing wide open guys and throwing 2yard passes behind the LOS.

The kid is clearly a bust, backup quality at best. Word is Bill and him have a rift, I bet Bill misses Cam.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 08:47 AM   #951
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Cam Matched Macs stats with significantly less talent around him and a tougher schedule.

You’re going to claim that Mac would have done better in 2020, when he had the same stats as Cam a year later with more talent and an easier schedule?

Mac is literally doing worse when he actually has to play tough teams

Mac has 7TDs for the year and 8ints. Matty P isn’t the out there throwing the ball, and anyone with eyes can see that Jones is literally at his ceiling, missing wide open guys and throwing 2yard passes behind the LOS.

The kid is clearly a bust, backup quality at best. Word is Bill and him have a rift, I bet Bill misses Cam.
Dude give it a rest. Cam hasnt been good for 4-5 years now at this point. No one misses Cam.

And Mac literally did better than Cam had done in the last few years, last year.

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 10:57 AM   #952
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Dude give it a rest. Cam hasnt been good for 4-5 years now at this point. No one misses Cam.

And Mac literally did better than Cam had done in the last few years, last year.
7tds/8ints vs 21ts and 10ints. seems legit.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 03:22 PM   #953
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
7tds/8ints vs 21ts and 10ints. seems legit.
i think you mean macs 22tds 13ints vs Cams 8tds 10ints. Unless your argument is Cam is a better hb than mac? in which case, id still take Mac the QB over Cam the hb

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 04:33 PM   #954
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
i think you mean macs 22tds 13ints vs Cams 8tds 10ints. Unless your argument is Cam is a better hb than mac? in which case, id still take Mac the QB over Cam the hb
Cam had 21TDs - 12 rushing TDs plus his 8 passing and 1 reception/
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 05:03 PM   #955
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Cam had 21TDs - 12 rushing TDs plus his 8 passing and 1 reception/
exactly. he was a decent hb that season.

but a terrible qb

Appreciate 1
lakefront593.00
      12-21-2022, 06:22 PM   #956
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Retired

We're still talking about Cam Newton?! Why? He hasn't been solid since 2018. He was just a stop gap for NE at QB until they found what they believed would be their franchise QB.
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2022, 07:56 PM   #957
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
exactly. he was a decent hb that season.

but a terrible qb
Terrible QB who could throw further than Mac Jones, had a higher comp % than Tom Brady the year prior with the same roster - could score more points and actually elevate his team, unlike Mac Jones.

Ever since the 2021 Bye week, Mac Jones has been literally bottom tier and he'll only get worse.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 08:56 PM   #958
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Retired

Quote:
Terrible QB who could throw further than Mac Jones, had a higher comp % than Tom Brady the year prior with the same roster - could score more points and actually elevate his team, unlike Mac Jones.

Ever since the 2021 Bye week, Mac Jones has been literally bottom tier and he'll only get worse.
No question Mac has regressed in Year 2. He even got quasi benched earlier in the season for Zappe Hour lol. Sophomore Slump? Maybe, but if he can't pull it together in Year 3, there's no way NE picks up his fifth year option. I guess we'll have to see.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 03:57 AM   #959
mjr24
Colonel
Rep

Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Are you guys really talking about Cam Newton? WTF.

Better hope the Packers don’t get in…..could be trouble!

They can easily win out and only need 1 Seahawks loss (which will happen this week) and 2 losses by Washington (and they very well might not win another game).
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 03:58 AM   #960
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
No question Mac has regressed in Year 2. He even got quasi benched earlier in the season for Zappe Hour lol. Sophomore Slump? Maybe, but if he can't pull it together in Year 3, there's no way NE picks up his fifth year option. I guess we'll have to see.
I don’t think he deserves a year 3. I’ve never seen the media fall over itself to protect one guy from ANY criticism, which is funny because it just sounds like the team doesn’t like him.

He lacks maturity, leadership, and above all skill/talent. They took a gamble on him over a proven veteran who by all accounts Bill (and the players) liked, to this child. Now that Josh D is gone (who probably was the one pulling for Mac Starting) you’re left with a guy who has been figured out by the league and has zero growth.

He’ll be a backup on a good day in a a year or two - otherwse he’s going to be out of the league entirely.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 08:48 AM   #961
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

youre saying all these things that the stats dont back up.

Cams intended air yards were almost a full yard lower than Brady's the year prior and 1.2yds lower than Mac Jones last year. His On target % was lower than Macs and his bad throw % was higher than Macs.

And everyone except 1 guy could see he was a terrible passer in 2020. The one guy that cant is you btw.

Diving in to the stats more and there is pretty good indications of why Jones, and any other QB they throw in, is struggling in NE.

PA Passes are down significantly. Pressure Rates are up. Drop % is up. WR Separation is down. Jones' Bad Throw % is actually down by 5% compared to last year and his On Target % is still pretty good. Youve got a defensive coach trying to be the offensive coordinator and its very clear he is one of the worst offensive coordinators in the league. Any other team, and he would have been fired by now.

and just as an fyi since you seem to not realize cam played after his stint in NE, he is 0-5 with a 55% completions rate 684yds 4tds 5ints since then and was statistically one of the worst QBs in the league in 2021. These are the only guys worse to play a snap last season; Kellen Mond, Josh Rosen, Mike Glennon, Jordan Love, Jacob Eason, Jake Fromm, John Wolford, Brandon Allen, Fitzmagic, Chad Henne and Brett Rypien. Only Mike Glennon had as many snaps as Cam in that list.

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 10:16 AM   #962
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
youre saying all these things that the stats dont back up.

Cams intended air yards were almost a full yard lower than Brady's the year prior and 1.2yds lower than Mac Jones last year. His On target % was lower than Macs and his bad throw % was higher than Macs.

Mac and Cam literally did not have the same roster - I said Cam and Brady. Cam played with a less talented roster of people, including Nkeal Harry, who had a career year with Cam even though he played with Brady (who patriots fans also made excuses for) Damiere Byrd as his WR1 (career year), Julian Edelman (Career game), who was IR after 6 games, and only played 4 with Cam.

Mac Jones literally had an entire new roaster of people to play with, including two TEs (Henry and Smith) and 2-3 WRs - (Agolohr and Borne, and now Thornton)

So run those stats back again and compare the stats for Cam and Brady, like I said the first time. Cam was more on target and had less bad throws - and this is despite ALL his throws being in tight windows because his receivers had the lowest separation % in the NFL that year. Mac could NEVER.

Quote:
And everyone except 1 guy could see he was a terrible passer in 2020. The one guy that cant is you btw.

Diving in to the stats more and there is pretty good indications of why Jones, and any other QB they throw in, is struggling in NE.
Jones is struggling because he’s straight garbage. He’s been bad since last year after the Bye - his whole career was padding his stats against the Jets, Browns and Coachless Jaguars - outside of those games he’s was average or below.

Quote:

PA Passes are down significantly. Pressure Rates are up. Drop % is up. WR Separation is down. Jones' Bad Throw % is actually down by 5% compared to last year and his On Target % is still pretty good. Youve got a defensive coach trying to be the offensive coordinator and its very clear he is one of the worst offensive coordinators in the league. Any other team, and he would have been fired by now.
It’s not the coaches fault Mac can’t execute. Again, his numbers were down since the Bye of last year. He’s off target a TON (lower than Cam- who was a “bad passer”) Mac has been a turn over machine and that’s been the case since last year - he’s just been slowed down since he’s been throwing passes behind the LOS LOL.

Quote:
and just as an fyi since you seem to not realize cam played after his stint in NE, he is 0-5 with a 55% completions rate 684yds 4tds 5ints since then and was statistically one of the worst QBs in the league in 2021. These are the only guys worse to play a snap last season; Kellen Mond, Josh Rosen, Mike Glennon, Jordan Love, Jacob Eason, Jake Fromm, John Wolford, Brandon Allen, Fitzmagic, Chad Henne and Brett Rypien. Only Mike Glennon had as many snaps as Cam in that list.
Cam played with Carolina, coming in the middle of the season to a team where he didn’t know the playbook - and had an offensive line graded as a ZERO. He also had a head coach who had won 20 total games in 3 seasons? And you are calling Patrica bad?

https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/sp...256092007.html
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 11:48 AM   #963
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Mac and Cam literally did not have the same roster - I said Cam and Brady. Cam played with a less talented roster of people, including Nkeal Harry, who had a career year with Cam even though he played with Brady (who patriots fans also made excuses for) Damiere Byrd as his WR1 (career year), Julian Edelman (Career game), who was IR after 6 games, and only played 4 with Cam.

Mac Jones literally had an entire new roaster of people to play with, including two TEs (Henry and Smith) and 2-3 WRs - (Agolohr and Borne, and now Thornton)

So run those stats back again and compare the stats for Cam and Brady, like I said the first time. Cam was more on target and had less bad throws - and this is despite ALL his throws being in tight windows because his receivers had the lowest separation % in the NFL that year. Mac could NEVER.

Jones is struggling because he’s straight garbage. He’s been bad since last year after the Bye - his whole career was padding his stats against the Jets, Browns and Coachless Jaguars - outside of those games he’s was average or below.

It’s not the coaches fault Mac can’t execute. Again, his numbers were down since the Bye of last year. He’s off target a TON (lower than Cam- who was a “bad passer”) Mac has been a turn over machine and that’s been the case since last year - he’s just been slowed down since he’s been throwing passes behind the LOS LOL.

Cam played with Carolina, coming in the middle of the season to a team where he didn’t know the playbook - and had an offensive line graded as a ZERO. He also had a head coach who had won 20 total games in 3 seasons? And you are calling Patrica bad?

https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/sp...256092007.html
Patricia is a defensive coach, so yes, I'd say he is most likely one of the worst offensive coaches in the league. The advanced stats tell you everything. Jones has the 5th best bad throw percentage while having the 6th least amount of time to throw. What do most teams that have bad oline play do to give their qb some more time and easier throws? They run PA. Unfortunately for Mac, he has the 2nd fewest PA plays, 1 play behind Jimmy G.

All that being said, Cam is and has been irrelevant since 2018. He hasnt been good since then, and he wasnt great then either. If he was any good, he'd be on a team, especially with how many injuries to QBs we've seen this year. The fact that no one even considered Cam should be all you need to know.

Heres a great article for you. They are comparing Mac's down year this year to Cams year in NE. Thats how bad Cam was in NE. https://www.audacy.com/weei/sports/p...-to-cam-newton

and in regards to the panthers last year, yes they were bad. But lets not forget even sam darnold looked better than cam in that offense last year.

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 12:33 PM   #964
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Patricia is a defensive coach, so yes, I'd say he is most likely one of the worst offensive coaches in the league. The advanced stats tell you everything. Jones has the 5th best bad throw percentage while having the 6th least amount of time to throw. What do most teams that have bad oline play do to give their qb some more time and easier throws? They run PA. Unfortunately for Mac, he has the 2nd fewest PA plays, 1 play behind Jimmy G.

All that being said, Cam is and has been irrelevant since 2018. He hasnt been good since then, and he wasnt great then either. If he was any good, he'd be on a team, especially with how many injuries to QBs we've seen this year. The fact that no one even considered Cam should be all you need to know.

Heres a great article for you. They are comparing Mac's down year this year to Cams year in NE. Thats how bad Cam was in NE. https://www.audacy.com/weei/sports/p...-to-cam-newton

and in regards to the panthers last year, yes they were bad. But lets not forget even sam darnold looked better than cam in that offense last year.
Sam Darnold looked terrible last year LOL, he looks terrible now, and he actually knew the playbook. Mac is terrible, Cam is heads and shoulders a better player. He’s had job offers that he’s turned down, Mac - with his flabby body, peashooter arm, and happy feet is likely looking at being a backup at best, and out of the league at worst.m
Edit:

Cam had a worse roster, missed 2 games AND could score with his legs. Mac is easily (based on the numbers in that article) worse than a ‘washed’ Cam Newton

It was obvious from the preseason that Mac couldn’t even hold Cam’s jockstrap.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 02:13 PM   #965
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

More and more patriots players are turning on Mac - the crowds did at first, and it sounds like Bill calling out is peashooter arm, has as well. He’s not Long for this team.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 09:36 AM   #966
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2024 M2

A few big games today and I am so happy there will football on all day celebrating xmas stuff with the family. My Vikes play the Giants and are favored by 4. I predict the Vikes will not cover that spread and it will be a let down game. After emptying the tank last week I see the Giants having more energy and winning.

Anyone else have takes on any games today? From reading previous posts the Cowboys-Eagles game will be big too.
      12-24-2022, 10:01 AM   #967
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
A few big games today and I am so happy there will football on all day celebrating xmas stuff with the family. My Vikes play the Giants and are favored by 4. I predict the Vikes will not cover that spread and it will be a let down game. After emptying the tank last week I see the Giants having more energy and winning.

Anyone else have takes on any games today? From reading previous posts the Cowboys-Eagles game will be big too.
It will be a big game, but the game itself isn’t as significant as it was a few weeks ago. After losing to the Jags this game pretty much lost its luster. Eagles pretty much have the East wrapped up. But, would love to see how the Boys respond after last weeks defeat.
      12-24-2022, 03:37 PM   #968
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Another INT for Dak. Rolls out and Josh Sweat takes it in for a TD!! Not a good way to start. Down 10-0. :