New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #67
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep

Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
You're a lot better at talking like the idiot kid than I am. Well, I tried my best in my post on page 1.

Where did you learn those skillz brah?
Funny story actually, sometimes I train kids at my local gym in powerlifting / bodybuilding techniques as well how to train with others - proper etiquette, spotting, identifying when a movement is compromised is etc. Because of this I've been subjected to hearing them talk.

When they do something stupid, I speak to them in the most cringe zoomer terms possible to make them fundamentally understand how fucking stupid they sound. I try to make sure I am speaking exactly like they do, down to the syntax and meaning, so that I sound just like one of them. So far a handful have ceased and speak much more professionally and respectfully to each other now. Almost all of them now have good form and have made tremendous progress, and what's even better they have a much closer friend group since they all now watch out for eachother doing incorrect things, like back not being straight in deadlifts, or neck movement during deadlifts... or not being tight during deadlifts... or bouncing the bar off the chest during bench.. or moving the elbow during curls without proper time under tension and a squeeze at the top... the usual stuff. Even better, they now police their friends in not sounding like fucking morons.

Be the change you want to see.
      Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #68
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
Funny story actually, sometimes I train kids at my local gym in powerlifting / bodybuilding techniques as well how to train with others - proper etiquette, spotting, identifying when a movement is compromised is etc. Because of this I've been subjected to hearing them talk.

When they do something stupid, I speak to them in the most cringe zoomer terms possible to make them fundamentally understand how fucking stupid they sound. I try to make sure I am speaking exactly like they do, down to the syntax and meaning, so that I sound just like one of them. So far a handful have ceased and speak much more professionally and respectfully to each other now. Almost all of them now have good form and have made tremendous progress, and what's even better they have a much closer friend group since they all now watch out for eachother doing incorrect things, like back not being straight in deadlifts, or neck movement during deadlifts... or not being tight during deadlifts... or bouncing the bar off the chest during bench.. or moving the elbow during curls without proper time under tension and a squeeze at the top... the usual stuff. Even better, they now police their friends in not sounding like fucking morons.

Do you even lift, bro?
      Yesterday, 07:06 PM   #69
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post

I am amazed to read that they actually have a shred (pun for lifting) of self-reflection and can see how absolutely moronic they sound with all their made up words and grunting noises. Good for them that they have a coach like you.
Appreciate 0