New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #67
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep

Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
hes a goner... the bitch prevailed, as always in bullshit cases like this.

Funny shit....

Surprised this thread came back from the dead... I actually had someone PM me long time ago asking about what happened.

Anyhow, the supposed victim had no evidence backing her up... and there was no way to prove I hadn't physically touched her or anything...

Her problem was why she allowed me to stay in the house after I supposedly touched her. And why she stayed at home with me for over an hour before leaving... And even when she left she didnt call the police, she told a 3rd roommate which called the cops.

Went to court and that monday was when the trail was supposed to begin... They were about to begin selecting a jury and my attorney asked if he could get a deal if I would take it or risk going to trial... He said if we try to settle it somehow we would at least know the punishment or if we took it to trial it would be better or for worse.

After a ton of phone calls to family and thinking about it as much as I could for 15 minutes. I gave him the green light in trying to settle it.

He came back with an offer of,

30 days jail
30 days cal trans
52 weeks counseling

Once these 3 things are fufilled the Sexual Battery charges would be dropped to a plain battery which isnt a big deal....

At first I thought fuck that, I didnt do anything wrong and she has nothing that would hurt me... but then was reminded the system is really fucked up and theres a great chance what you dont expect to happen. Which scared me shitless knowing I could get more than a year in county...

So I ended up taking the offer, I ended up doing my 30 days in Private jail... You pay about $80/night to goto jail... Its what all the hollywood Celebs use... Very similar to a 2 star motel... I did the 30 days on weekends... finished it met a couple cool guys majority of the people in the jail were arrested for DUI's a few had 3 DUI's

I think the toughest part was the 30 days caltrans... working on the side of the freeway cleaning up and cutting down trees etc... Jail was much easier, everyone would just sleep all day and night. We would play poker for push ups...

As for the girl I was dating at the time (victims roommate) I broke up with her... She was just bad luck.

To this day im not 100% sure why this girl accused me of shit. But all 3 roommates have separated since.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #68
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post

Funny shit....

Surprised this thread came back from the dead... I actually had someone PM me long time ago asking about what happened.

Anyhow, the supposed victim had no evidence backing her up... and there was no way to prove I hadn't physically touched her or anything...

Her problem was why she allowed me to stay in the house after I supposedly touched her. And why she stayed at home with me for over an hour before leaving... And even when she left she didnt call the police, she told a 3rd roommate which called the cops.

Went to court and that monday was when the trail was supposed to begin... They were about to begin selecting a jury and my attorney asked if he could get a deal if I would take it or risk going to trial... He said if we try to settle it somehow we would at least know the punishment or if we took it to trial it would be better or for worse.

After a ton of phone calls to family and thinking about it as much as I could for 15 minutes. I gave him the green light in trying to settle it.

He came back with an offer of,

30 days jail
30 days cal trans
52 weeks counseling

Once these 3 things are fufilled the Sexual Battery charges would be dropped to a plain battery which isnt a big deal....

At first I thought fuck that, I didnt do anything wrong and she has nothing that would hurt me... but then was reminded the system is really fucked up and theres a great chance what you dont expect to happen. Which scared me shitless knowing I could get more than a year in county...

So I ended up taking the offer, I ended up doing my 30 days in Private jail... You pay about $80/night to goto jail... Its what all the hollywood Celebs use... Very similar to a 2 star motel... I did the 30 days on weekends... finished it met a couple cool guys majority of the people in the jail were arrested for DUI's a few had 3 DUI's

I think the toughest part was the 30 days caltrans... working on the side of the freeway cleaning up and cutting down trees etc... Jail was much easier, everyone would just sleep all day and night. We would play poker for push ups...

As for the girl I was dating at the time (victims roommate) I broke up with her... She was just bad luck.

To this day im not 100% sure why this girl accused me of shit. But all 3 roommates have separated since.
so the bitch did prevail, you got a punishment for not doing shit. In the end you still got stiffed up the ass by her...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #69
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
so the bitch did prevail, you got a punishment for not doing shit. In the end you still got stiffed up the ass by her...
this is one of the few instances where i would give the green light for the OP to go find that bitches car and key the fuck out of it. i'd do a bit of art on every panel, and hey, maybe try to etch the glass. top it off with two or three cartons of eggs, some acidic shit, and maybe a hammer. ditch the hammer if stealth is of the utmost importance.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #70
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
this is one of the few instances where i would give the green light for the OP to go find that bitches car and key the fuck out of it. i'd do a bit of art on every panel, and hey, maybe try to etch the glass. top it off with two or three cartons of eggs, some acidic shit, and maybe a hammer. ditch the hammer if stealth is of the utmost importance.
I would instead get my homies to do it. And at the mean time make sure im at somewhere with a solid alibi. Like be at church, charging my credit card for donations and get interviewed on TV
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #71
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
I would instead get my homies to do it. And at the mean time make sure im at somewhere with a solid alibi. Like be at church, charging my credit card for donations and get interviewed on TV
that's good stuff right there. good thinking.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #72
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
The OP definitely didn't give the whole story. . .he wouldnt have "done time" if his lawyer was that good/there was no evidence. A good lawyer would of taken it to trial and ripped apart the DA for lack of a case if everything the OP said was true.

I hate the interwebz.
      01-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #73
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
The OP definitely didn't give the whole story. . .he wouldnt have "done time" if his lawyer was that good/there was no evidence. A good lawyer would of taken it to trial and ripped apart the DA for lack of a case if everything the OP said was true.

I hate the interwebz.
not true, from personal experience, I was arrested before on assault (which I didn't do) and the only evidence they had was a single witness that supposedly Ided me in the middle of night among a group of asian gangsters that prob all looked the same.
This was enough evidence to hold me in jail for 6 months fighting the case because I can't afford bail and my $60,000 attorney told me that I should sign the time served 2 year probation deal because if we go to trial, there will always be a chance that I can do up to 25 years if I get bs jury.
The law is not as legit and equal as you think man.

the most fucked up part man, till this day I still don't know whos the dude that got beat up
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #74
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
not true, from personal experience, I was arrested before on assault (which I didn't do) and the only evidence they had was a single witness that supposedly Ided me in the middle of night among a group of asian gangsters that prob all looked the same.
This was enough evidence to hold me in jail for 6 months fighting the case because I can't afford bail and my $60,000 attorney told me that I should sign the time served 2 year probation deal because if we go to trial, there will always be a chance that I can do up to 25 years if I get bs jury.
PM sent.
      01-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #75
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
PM sent.
pm replied
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #76
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep

Quote:

the most fucked up part man, till this day I still don't know whos the dude that got beat up

Exactly it just depends on how much risk you're willing to take... Its either walk out free, do the time for the supposed crime or get fucked by a jury and do more than you would normally.

To me I didnt want to even take a RISK of the jury just siding with her. Even though I dont look shady theres always some dumbasses that judge people on race or color. FYI I was sentenced to 30 days but did 20 days on weekends... If I would've pushed it into trial, there would be a chance whether small or big that I would be in county right now serving time. I'm glad what my choice, I knew the 3 things I had to take care of and everything would be over. I will have a misdemeanor Battery on my record which I will get expunged in 2 years or so.

And I'm not really holding back info... Just gave a quick review of what happened at the end. Lawyers will be lawyers, maybe he didnt want to waste time on my trial and just kept pushing the whole plea bargain thing.... At the end he did get something done unlike the original attorney I had.

Good attorney or not... you judge him.
You can see videos of the big name cases hes been involved with...
http://www.jamesblatt.com
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #77
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
Exactly it just depends on how much risk you're willing to take... Its either walk out free, do the time for the supposed crime or get fucked by a jury and do more than you would normally.

To me I didnt want to even take a RISK of the jury just siding with her. Even though I dont look shady theres always some dumbasses that judge people on race or color. FYI I was sentenced to 30 days but did 20 days on weekends... If I would've pushed it into trial, there would be a chance whether small or big that I would be in county right now serving time. I'm glad what my choice, I knew the 3 things I had to take care of and everything would be over. I will have a misdemeanor Battery on my record which I will get expunged in 2 years or so.

And I'm not really holding back info... Just gave a quick review of what happened at the end. Lawyers will be lawyers, maybe he didnt want to waste time on my trial and just kept pushing the whole plea bargain thing.... At the end he did get something done unlike the original attorney I had.

Good attorney or not... you judge him.
You can see videos of the big name cases hes been involved with...
http://www.jamesblatt.com
This concept is the exact definition of INSURANCE which we all get and think its wise.

Insurance: Using a small guaranteed loss to replace a big maybe loss.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #78
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited_slip View Post
what did you do? did you attemp to PIITB or something?

lol ya thats it... she kept saying no not there its going to hurt, no matter how many times I told her it'll slip right in with the KY.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #79
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 335i

Thanks for the update SFValley; I am glad things did not end up too bad. I hope karma takes care of whoever was in the wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #80
Maestro
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

SFValley

Sorry to hear how it turned out, I remember reading this months back and not sure why did not chime in at the time.

However, remember this Lawyers are risk adverse, they never do anything without already knowing the answer to the question or the out come. What he did was guarantied you a known out coming. Next, lawyer are not the smartest people they only know what they have been told or read they can not always connect all the dots. I deal with lawyers all the time in my job and it becomes very frustrating when they can not grasp the obvious.

As you also found out the system is very screwed up, and most people think the police know the laws, may time they do not, and it just easier for them to arrest someone and let the courts sort the mess out then to actually determine what happen. Lawyers and Judges will tell you is not the police's job to know whether you broke the law of not, just be reasonably convince you did something wrong.

In this day and age anyone can accuse anyone of something and be totally wrong and there is no consequence for them if they were wrong. Image if police were measure on ever time the made a false arrest or someone went to jail for failure to prove their case or paid your costs.

You can bet as someone point out this girl got lots of attention and pity and it did not cost her a penny and it cost you everything to finally agree to terms which was better then the possible down side. You got the lesser of two evils.

This should be a lesson to everyone here, the system is not fair and it is stack in the favor of people who have nothing to loose besides those who have millions to warp the truth. Everyone in the middle is screwed.
Appreciate 0