New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-29-2017, 05:05 PM   #67
Mingwan
Major
Rep

Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Me at work trying not to get accused of sexual assault or rape.

Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7572.00
      11-29-2017, 05:08 PM   #68
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Nice try but you're looking pretty intimidating and causing quite a bit of angst. Please report to HR ASAP
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2017, 05:44 PM   #69
shoei
Banned
Rep

Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out how Matt Lauer is different from Donald Trump where we have recorded evidence of him admitting to sexual assault and yet he later claims he didn't do it, and that's not a problem yet NBC can decide in 4 hours that he's guilty of what he's being accused of without a fair trial.
You cannot possibly think that NBC made that decision in four hours, lol... Seriously?

I worked at smaller companies where it will still take weeks of quiet investigation before a decision is made... You cover your ass before a decision like that is even close to being made. Right when you think you are done? Nope. Council or the board will also have to sign off. Nobody will risk the liability of he said / she said, and especially somebody like NBC and ESPECIALLY when dealing with a high profile employee and company...

I can guarantee you that this inquiry started long before Weinstein got nailed...
According to various sources they found out about this Monday night and fired him the next day.
According to various sources, the world is flat...

It's not the first time for Lauer... If you really care to search (I can't imagine why anybody would) but a simple inquiry with the Oracle (aka Google) will show that simple fact...
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34192.50
      11-29-2017, 05:47 PM   #70
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Drives: blue streak

So who's next? Any guesses? Jack Nicholson?
Appreciate 1
wrickem2124.50
      11-29-2017, 05:58 PM   #71
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I'd like it to be Stephen Colbert.
MKSixer34192.50
wrickem2124.50
upstatedoc7572.00
scostu1623.00
      11-29-2017, 06:28 PM   #72
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep

Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
According to various sources they found out about this Monday night and fired him the next day.
If you saw my post about my niece who works there and was one of his objects of sexual innuendo (post 43), she was called into HR this past summer and grilled about his behavior. They must have been watching him at least since early August. Maybe he did something really bad Monday night, but they’ve been watching him for a while.
sirdaft12207.00
      11-29-2017, 06:41 PM   #73
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
If you saw my post about my niece who works there and was one of his objects of sexual innuendo (post 43), she was called into HR this past summer and grilled about his behavior. They must have been watching him at least since early August. Maybe he did something really bad Monday night, but they’ve been watching him for a while.
There's a few more articles showing up now saying he harassed numerous women and used his position of power inappropriately. I do remember him being in the news recently about something else as well. Just surprised it's all coming to light now with all these other powerful men in media and politics being sacked, yet Donald Trump is still standing despite numerous women and recordings (Access Hollywood) where he admits to assaulting women and yet the man is untouchable.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2017, 06:42 PM   #74
shoei
Banned
Rep

Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
If ///M Power-Belgium was American, he'd be next for sure...
Appreciate 4
wrickem2124.50
RickFLM411002.50
upstatedoc7572.00
UncleWede18177.00
      11-29-2017, 06:52 PM   #75
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
If ///M Power-Belgium was American, he'd be next for sure...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
wrickem2124.50
upstatedoc7572.00
      11-29-2017, 06:54 PM   #76
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
There's a few more articles showing up now saying he harassed numerous women and used his position of power inappropriately. I do remember him being in the news recently about something else as well. Just surprised it's all coming to light now with all these other powerful men in media and politics being sacked, yet Donald Trump is still standing despite numerous women and recordings (Access Hollywood) where he admits to assaulting women and yet the man is untouchable.
What do you think is going to happen to him? Resign? Impeachment? Not gonna happen. Voters elected him even though those stories were out during the election. Why would anything happen to him now? Voters can fire him in the next election if they so choose. In the meantime, there isn't much to be surprised about by him staying in office no matter how many times people say it.
      11-29-2017, 07:48 PM   #77
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
What do you think is going to happen to him? Resign? Impeachment? Not gonna happen. Voters elected him even though those stories were out during the election. Why would anything happen to him now? Voters can fire him in the next election if they so choose. In the meantime, there isn't much to be surprised about by him staying in office no matter how many times people say it.
Nothing is going to happen to him that's my point. Perhaps Matt Lauer should run for president even as we see other politicians being sacked for impropriety.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2017, 08:15 PM   #78
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nothing is going to happen to him that's my point. Perhaps Matt Lauer should run for president even as we see other politicians being sacked for impropriety.
Matt Lauer is free to run for president if that's what he wants to do.
sirdaft12207.00
      11-29-2017, 08:50 PM   #79
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Drives: blue streak

Where is Sara504 input in all this? No pun intended
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2017, 08:52 PM   #80
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

It's quite clear to anyone who cares about actual facts (as opposed to the political stupidity that dominates almost every single OT thread ... irrespective of relevance) that there have been many complaints about Lauer's behaviour and that NBC has been running a significant investigation into his conduct for some time.

Here are some of the allegations against Lauer:
  1. Once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified
  2. He summoned a female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.
  3. He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they'd slept with, offering to trade names.
  4. He repeatedly engaged in a quiz game with men and women in the office: "fuck, marry or kill," in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he'd most like to sleep with.
  5. Making lewd comments verbally or over text messages.
  6. Referred to a colleague's performance in bed and compared it to how she was able to complete her job.

And that doesn't include the complainant who came forward on Monday. If any of this is true, it is inexcusable and just cause to terminate his employment.

I do this for a living and have had to deal with victims of sexual misconduct on many occasions and until you do, you have no idea how devastating the behaviour can be especially when the harasser is in a position of power. It's frightening to see ... and the comments in here that make light of it or discount it are reflections of those who make the posts. It's one thing not to completely understand because you haven't dealt with it, but the mockery that pervades this thread is something else. It would be pretty instructive for some of you to have to sit through the interviews and witness prep sessions I've had to so you can appreciate the harm that fuckers like Lauer/Weinstein/O'Reilly/Ailes/etc cause. As a man, it's pretty embarrassing to be part of the same gender as these a-holes.

Last edited by JohnnyCanuck; 11-29-2017 at 08:59 PM..
Appreciate 7
MKSixer34192.50
bimmette6455.50
Germanauto9749.00
sirdaft12207.00
      11-29-2017, 09:31 PM   #81
David 12
Major
Rep

Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

I recently retired after a 20+ year career in HR and agree with the comments by Johnny Canuck. Interestingly, it is nearly always difficult for women to come forward which initiates a full investigation. This also cuts across all age groups and can really happen at any time. You hear a lot about sexual harassment but harassment is also illegal based on age, gender, race, etc.

If you work for a company right now it would be smart to review your harassment policy and training efforts, especially as it pertains to your managers. Don’t be surprised to see an increase in EEOC charges and lawsuits.

You just can’t afford to have a negative or disrespectful culture in today’s competitive business climate.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2017, 10:30 PM   #82
insanecoder
Banned
Rep

Drives: 340isDrive

sex is one thing and its natural
but why the desperation droppin pants in front of a woman who isnt expressing interest
I mean that is just creepy Anthony Weiner type of sh!t
The man is no longer a MAN in my eyes.. he oughta hang up his balls.. hes a WEINER
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2017, 11:58 PM   #83
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 12 View Post
I recently retired after a 20+ year career in HR and agree with the comments by Johnny Canuck. Interestingly, it is nearly always difficult for women to come forward which initiates a full investigation. This also cuts across all age groups and can really happen at any time. You hear a lot about sexual harassment but harassment is also illegal based on age, gender, race, etc.

If you work for a company right now it would be smart to review your harassment policy and training efforts, especially as it pertains to your managers. Don’t be surprised to see an increase in EEOC charges and lawsuits.

You just can’t afford to have a negative or disrespectful culture in today’s competitive business climate.

I'm in the employee relations side of HR and it's so tough to tell someone that, if grieved, the only way I may be able to make a termination stick is to ask them to testify at arbitration. And then months later you're prepping them and you can see the impact reliving it is causing. I'm in a huge dilemma ... settlement is going to cost money that the harrassor doesn't deserve or may even require reinstatement, but the cost of putting victims on the stand makes me feel like I'm victimizing them all over again.

You're right on the other grounds for harassment, but (with the exception of sexual orientation and gender expression issues) the impacts to the individuals don't seem as traumatic as sexual misconduct is. That's anectodal of course and not meant to diminish anyone's personal experience.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 03:58 AM   #84
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
It's quite clear to anyone who cares about actual facts (as opposed to the political stupidity that dominates almost every single OT thread ... irrespective of relevance) that there have been many complaints about Lauer's behaviour and that NBC has been running a significant investigation into his conduct for some time.

Here are some of the allegations against Lauer:
  1. Once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified
  2. He summoned a female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.
  3. He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they'd slept with, offering to trade names.
  4. He repeatedly engaged in a quiz game with men and women in the office: "fuck, marry or kill," in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he'd most like to sleep with.
  5. Making lewd comments verbally or over text messages.
  6. Referred to a colleague's performance in bed and compared it to how she was able to complete her job.

And that doesn't include the complainant who came forward on Monday. If any of this is true, it is inexcusable and just cause to terminate his employment.

I do this for a living and have had to deal with victims of sexual misconduct on many occasions and until you do, you have no idea how devastating the behaviour can be especially when the harasser is in a position of power. It's frightening to see ... and the comments in here that make light of it or discount it are reflections of those who make the posts. It's one thing not to completely understand because you haven't dealt with it, but the mockery that pervades this thread is something else. It would be pretty instructive for some of you to have to sit through the interviews and witness prep sessions I've had to so you can appreciate the harm that fuckers like Lauer/Weinstein/O'Reilly/Ailes/etc cause. As a man, it's pretty embarrassing to be part of the same gender as these a-holes.
Pretty appalling indeed the mockery was before these allegations came to light.
Of course anyone with a lil bit decency would find this behavior unacceptable.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 05:14 AM   #85
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Looks like Obama missed Lauer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
      11-30-2017, 05:41 AM   #86
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Something just isnt right when behavior like this can take place for 20 years... the HR dept that knew about this should be fired as well.
      11-30-2017, 07:45 AM   #87
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

I'm enjoying watching all the liberals who were on their moral high horse during the election cycle getting busted for being human scum in their personal lives.
Appreciate 8
bimmer4563009.00
MKSixer34192.50
sirdaft12207.00
scostu1623.00
SakhirM410784.50
      11-30-2017, 08:20 AM   #88
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Something just isnt right when behavior like this can take place for 20 years... the HR dept that knew about this should be fired as well.
This sort of thing unfortunately is commonplace. Happens everywhere.
Appreciate 0