New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-29-2023, 01:20 PM   #7525
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Unhealthy mental state is the threat. Veterans are pumped full of meds and sent on their way without much effort to try and understand and treat the real issues they are having, which is often guilt from losing friends overseas or the feeling of being useless and unwanted after they leave service or return from deployments. Same can be said for mental health in the civilian population, just pump em full of meds, charge the ever-living piss out of them sending them into debt and send em on their way. In the case of the school shooter, they were already on multiple medications that should have flagged them to not be able to purchase/own firearms, but the doctor apparently never reported anything (not sure how that works, this is just what I've read).
And this should embarrass every single American taxpayer, that those who often gave their all are left on the streets with no support.

It's tough being a cold-hearted bastage, but we shouldn't send a single penny overseas to care for non-Americans until all our veterans are being properly cared for. There will still be a few that choose something different than a fully-functional member of society, and we need to make allowances for that choice. The least we can do to honor their choice to put on a uniform.
cmyx6go16631.50
Sedan_Clan26687.00
      03-29-2023, 01:40 PM   #7526
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
Unsure - are you proposing to eliminate firearms or the shooter? Can't tell which you judge to be the threat.
-SHOOTER-
Appreciate 3
      03-29-2023, 01:49 PM   #7527
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
And this should embarrass every single American taxpayer, that those who often gave their all are left on the streets with no support.

It's tough being a cold-hearted bastage, but we shouldn't send a single penny overseas to care for non-Americans until all our veterans are being properly cared for. There will still be a few that choose something different than a fully-functional member of society, and we need to make allowances for that choice. The least we can do to honor their choice to put on a uniform.
Wanna really be disgusted? Theres a new bill that proposes removing veteran disability payments if your household makes over gross $125k annually. For every $2 you make over 125k you lose 1$ of veteran disability payments, or vice-versa I cant remember. If you make over $175k annually you lose all disability payments. A 100% disabled veteran can take home up to $3300 max a month I think it is?

Oh you lost both legs to a roadside bomb? Disabled, and can't work, and have 3 kids to support? Well your wife as a nurse makes $150k annually so, were just gonna take most of your VA disability away because, you know, you guys are doing fine.

Oh you suffer from PTS and limited mobility from being shot 6 times while dragging your dead buddies body out of enemy fire and are now limited to what you can do? Oh cool you still work being disabled and make $40k a year, awesome! Well your wife makes $90k/yr and combined thats $130k so you're over that limit so... yeah were just gonna cut a bunch of your disability payments.

It is fucking repulsive that this was even written.

EDIT: Not a proposed bill, but options proposed by the CBO
https://www.cbo.gov/budget-options/58653
https://www.cbo.gov/budget-options/58654
https://www.cbo.gov/budget-options/58631

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread

Last edited by ///d; 03-29-2023 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 4
      03-29-2023, 05:24 PM   #7528
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
So, Sedan_Clan how much hazing will the unfortunate CHP that had his cruiser stolen and then the perp jumped out at 50MPH be getting for the next several years? I imagine their is a large bar tab in his future.
Well, it'll depend on how it was stolen in my opinion. We leave our cars running all day, everywhere we go. Somebody could essentially break/slim-jim a window, etc. and just jump in and drive away. The key to my Ford SUV will open ANY Ford car in the fleet.............in the entire county. Maybe the perp had a key and opened it!?!? If the CHP Officer simply left the door unlocked, he'll probably hear about that mishap for quite some time.

P.S. The contributions one the last page or two have been really insightful.
Appreciate 2
      03-29-2023, 05:47 PM   #7529
Murf the Surf
Captain
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Well, it'll depend on how it was stolen in my opinion. We leave our cars running all day, everywhere we go. Somebody could essentially break/slim-jim a window, etc. and just jump in and drive away. The key to my Ford SUV will open ANY Ford car in the fleet.............in the entire county. Maybe the perp had a key and opened it!?!? If the CHP Officer simply left the door unlocked, he'll probably hear about that mishap for quite some time.

I know of two occasions that a scout car was stolen....both times the officer jumped out, left the keys in it running and the door open. Rookie mistakes, on the one occasion the thief drove almost 100 miles away, on the radio the whole time with the radio room Sgt. trying to talk him into surrendering. He eventually did, but the officer took some serious abuse for a very long time.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 06:38 PM   #7530
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:

Why do you leave your car running so much? Are you required to do that? Do you need to do that to keep the computers online? Fast getaway from the donut shop?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 08:32 PM   #7531
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
I know of two occasions that a scout car was stolen....both times the officer jumped out, left the keys in it running and the door open. Rookie mistakes, on the one occasion the thief drove almost 100 miles away, on the radio the whole time with the radio room Sgt. trying to talk him into surrendering. He eventually did, but the officer took some serious abuse for a very long time.
That must've been a hot call. That's mainly when I have witnessed that occur. I've done it myself on a few occasions during traffic stops (...usually if they pull into a parking lot or something), and I immediately think, "Damn it! I didn't close the door."....but I'm already approaching the car so it's too late for back-tracking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
Why do you leave your car running so much? Are you required to do that? Do you need to do that to keep the computers online? Fast getaway from the donut shop?
Cops working patrol rarely, if ever, shut off cars. There's servers, radios, this and that.......and the communications will shut off a short time after the car is turned off. Also, if it's hot, we are running the A/C all day; if it's cold, the heater is on all day.

LOL @ donut shop. For me it's more like the local pizza joint, Coldstone or Baskin Robbins.
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2023, 02:42 AM   #7532
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

The officer remained professional throughout the whole encounter.

dradernh4818.00
vreihen1619210.00
      04-03-2023, 05:28 PM   #7533
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

One of our patrol cars was stolen today; CHP patrol car theft copy cat. Pursuit ongoing as we speak.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 04-03-2023 at 05:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 05:30 PM   #7534
Murf the Surf
Captain
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Today one of our patrol cars were stolen; CHP patrol car theft copy cat. Pursuit ongoing as we speak.

Doh!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan26687.00
      04-03-2023, 07:30 PM   #7535
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
One of our patrol cars was stolen today; CHP patrol car theft copy cat. Pursuit ongoing as we speak.

I mean, you have to admire the audacity of stealing a patrol car. I mean the nerve,

Hope you catch him fast with no harm done,
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan26687.00
      04-03-2023, 07:59 PM   #7536
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
I mean, you have to admire the audacity of stealing a patrol car. I mean the nerve,

Hope you catch him fast with no harm done,
Her!!!

It was only a joy ride
      04-04-2023, 09:16 AM   #7537
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Her!!!

It was only a joy ride
OK was it an actual him with she/her pronouns or........
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 09:21 AM   #7538
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
OK was it an actual him with she/her pronouns or........
Just repeating what was on local news last night.

Helicopter video resembled a female, but who am I to judge
      04-05-2023, 05:52 PM   #7539
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:

How does that happen? Officer leave it running and unlocked?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2023, 06:11 PM   #7540
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
How does that happen? Officer leave it running and unlocked?
Running, yes! Unlocked? I'm not sure (..but I would wager the Deputy left the car unlocked; I didn't see a smashed out window in the video). I don't know the circumstances. It didn't occur at my station. Stealing a patrol car is easy. Like I mentioned in a prior post, patrol cars are generally left running at all times.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2023, 06:47 PM   #7541
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Running, yes! Unlocked? I'm not sure (..but I would wager the Deputy left the car unlocked; I didn't see a smashed out window in the video). I don't know the circumstances. It didn't occur at my station. Stealing a patrol car is easy. Like I mentioned in a prior post, patrol cars are generally left running at all times.
Thanks for the info. Next time I'm in LA and need a car...

Any thoughts on this? Looks to me like this guy is getting singled-out and screwed.

https://da.lacounty.gov/media/news/s...-assault-rifle
Appreciate 1
vreihen1619210.00
      04-05-2023, 07:09 PM   #7542
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Next time I'm in LA and need a car...

Any thoughts on this? Looks to me like this guy is getting singled-out and screwed.

https://da.lacounty.gov/media/news/s...-assault-rifle
"As part of an investigation, a search warrant was served at Garmon’s home on April 8, 2020. An unregistered AR-15 assault rifle and incendiary ammunition were found in a closet."

This stood out to me, but it's also pretty vague. I'm not sure if he's talking about an unregistered lower (..e.g...self-milled 50% lower, etc.) or an AR-15 that was legally purchased/built, but not registered on the DOJ website as an assault weapon (...which wasn't mandatory if you removed a few features). I think Gascon is definitely singling this guy out and trying to make an example. I wish I knew that Deputy. I would reach out and asking what the real story is.

P.S. AR-15's aren't banned, so again, I'm not sure what Gascon is referring to.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 04-05-2023 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2023, 03:41 PM   #7543
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
"As part of an investigation, a search warrant was served at Garmon’s home on April 8, 2020. An unregistered AR-15 assault rifle and incendiary ammunition were found in a closet."

This stood out to me, but it's also pretty vague. I'm not sure if he's talking about an unregistered lower (..e.g...self-milled 50% lower, etc.) or an AR-15 that was legally purchased/built, but not registered on the DOJ website as an assault weapon (...which wasn't mandatory if you removed a few features). I think Gascon is definitely singling this guy out and trying to make an example. I wish I knew that Deputy. I would reach out and asking what the real story is.

P.S. AR-15's aren't banned, so again, I'm not sure what Gascon is referring to.
Quote:
...It is illegal to possess an AR-15 assault rifle in California...
I still want to know what an "assault" rifle is. They seem to think that "AR" stands for assault rifle, which it does not. Gascon is an idiot! He lets real criminals off the hook and goes after a deputy that forgot or hasn't removed the offending features from his AR. The arresting officers, IMHO, have some answering to do reference their sworn duty to defend the Constitution; not some DA or politician (governor). Flame suit on, but, IMHO, ALL laws governing firearms are un-Constitutional. I don't know what is so hard to understand about SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED! I could go on, but have some practicing to do for Sunday.
Appreciate 3
///d1886.50
Sedan_Clan26687.00
UncleWede18326.00
      04-06-2023, 05:50 PM   #7544
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
I still want to know what an "assault" rifle is. They seem to think that "AR" stands for assault rifle, which it does not. Gascon is an idiot! He lets real criminals off the hook and goes after a deputy that forgot or hasn't removed the offending features from his AR. The arresting officers, IMHO, have some answering to do reference their sworn duty to defend the Constitution; not some DA or politician (governor). Flame suit on, but, IMHO, ALL laws governing firearms are un-Constitutional. I don't know what is so hard to understand about SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED! I could go on, but have some practicing to do for Sunday.
It has been the talk of the station all shift. Everybody thinks this is a witch hunt.
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2023, 02:11 AM   #7545
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Couldn't PC's be converted to 'gear locked' stationary when left running...for instance some BMW's can be left running but can't be put in gear without key present.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 09:50 AM   #7546
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Couldn't PC's be converted to 'gear locked' stationary when left running...for instance some BMW's can be left running but can't be put in gear without key present.
Patrol cars are more or less assembly line cars. No conversion takes place once they are delivered from Ford. Agencies don’t have the money to modify every car in the fleet.
Appreciate 0