New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Yesterday, 08:18 PM   #45
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep

Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

I snapped this while stuck in traffic this evening. Certainly not an award winning photo but a lovely sky just the same.
Attached Images

M_Six18923.50
Llarry20978.50
      Yesterday, 08:30 PM   #46
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep

Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I give it the award for the best stuck in traffic photo for this evening.
That feels just a little bit like a "participation award".
      Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #47
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buug959 View Post
That feels just a little bit like a "participation award".
Hmm... maybe you're right. Okay, Poof! it's gone.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #48
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
It was a sad and scary day. For 3 days the Santa Ana winds had been howling out of the East, and in Carlsbad to the West of us local fire fighters had been fighting as hard as they could. I was at work in Encinitas and out of my office window about 3:30 I could see a little plume of smoke popping up East of our house. Uh oh. It took me about 20 minutes to get home, and by then the fire had gone unchecked and was a rager. Mrs H and our boys had gotten home about 10 minutes before I did where they found that our bulldog Pebbles had passed away. They loaded up computers and important documents that we keep in a fire box, I had a quick cry and then loaded Pebbles in my car to take to the vet for cremation. Then we bailed. My son took that pic looking down our street. Later I met them down the hill in a safe zone at a restaurant. About a half hour later, the Santa Ana winds died, and an onshore breeze started. It was a miracle, as it pushed the fire back on itself. We went back home about an hour later, and stayed home for 3 days as the Sheriff’s had locked down the neighborhood. If we left, they wouldn’t have let us back in. Spent those 3 days watching helicopters dip water out of Discovery Lake. Never want to do that again!
During the 2007 fire the fire got up to the fence at the facility (pretty much the southwest corner of the 15 & Miramar Rd). I told my wifr and she didn't believe me until we went to the credit union on the property. As the fire was approaching the chick-in-charge was afraid to make the evacuation decision and turn our airspace over to the Center in Palmdale. The fire marshal told her in no uncertain terms to... GET OUT!!!! The control room was filled with smoke for a year or so!
Appreciate 1
hubbahubba11216.50
      Yesterday, 11:35 PM   #49
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
During the 2007 fire the fire got up to the fence at the facility (pretty much the southwest corner of the 15 & Miramar Rd). I told my wifr and she didn't believe me until we went to the credit union on the property. As the fire was approaching the chick-in-charge was afraid to make the evacuation decision and turn our airspace over to the Center in Palmdale. The fire marshal told her in no uncertain terms to... GET OUT!!!! The control room was filled with smoke for a year or so!
Ain't no good, no matter how you slice it or which year it occurred. Bad stuff man!
Appreciate 0