New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Today, 03:43 PM   #45
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
United_States
Rep

Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post

Given one guys AMA on reddit account who works at random BMW dealer, the IX and i4 are the cars he sees most in his service bay. That tells one something about quality of EVs from BMW.
Just one man’s experience here, but my i3S was the only trouble free BMW I’ve ever owned loved that little thing. Have seriously considered trading the G82 for an iX about a dozen times.
      Today, 03:55 PM   #46
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
This is what I would expect the next generation M8 to look like….if they were going to make another M8.
Wonder what happened with that m8 prototype with the red lamps… would be a nice final edition reveal…
Appreciate 1
      Today, 04:05 PM   #47
UtahBimmerBoy
Private
Rep

Drives: 12' 328i,17' 340I, EQE 350 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
Asked an automotive expert who from German car companies will sell to Chinese finest. BMW was his answer without hesitation. Dunno.

Hypercar should not be EV, if I look at the rather poor success Porsche has with theirs today (Mission X?).

make a car with a V12, make 1000 of them, and world will not care but enthusiasys will buy all of them. heck, make anything that looks cool, but dont make it a statement about how green you are.. Crazy idea for the woke BMW management.

Given one guys AMA on reddit account who works at random BMW dealer, the IX and i4 are the cars he sees most in his service bay. That tells one something about quality of EVs from BMW.
Not sure how big that reddit users dealership is but I would say only 1 in 15 BMW’s that come through our service department are electric, very low rate of failures.

And that’s saying a lot living in a environment such as Arizona, this heat eats away at BEV’s.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:29 PM   #48
deemo319
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
This is what I would expect the next generation M8 to look like….if they were going to make another M8.
I concur. It does have a silhouette of a serious GT car and aesthetically it would make sensuous 8 Series. If the next M8 looked even remotely like this it would be really badass.

Personally, I would like to see a return of the 6 Series and be slotted under the 8 Series as a smaller, lighter, sexier, more intuitive GT car but with a lot more “sport” imbued within it’s chassis.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 05:47 PM   #49
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
Just one man’s experience here, but my i3S was the only trouble free BMW I’ve ever owned loved that little thing. Have seriously considered trading the G82 for an iX about a dozen times.
I had a G80 previously and now own an iX. Don't miss the M3 at all honestly. Traffic is so congested in Socal that the times I could use the real performance of any of my M cars I can count on one hand. Plus the iX has been incredibly reliable and just a great daily driver. Not a fan of the looks, but everything else is amazing.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:05 PM   #50
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 24 M4 Comp/24 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
I concur. It does have a silhouette of a serious GT car and aesthetically it would make sensuous 8 Series. If the next M8 looked even remotely like this it would be really badass.

Personally, I would like to see a return of the 6 Series and be slotted under the 8 Series as a smaller, lighter, sexier, more intuitive GT car but with a lot more “sport” imbued within it’s chassis.
Based on the rumors, you may be getting what you want, sort of. Supposedly, the 8 and 4 series are being discontinued at the end of production of the current models to be replaced by a 6 series with the M6 running a hybrid setup like the M5.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:21 PM   #51
hb
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: i3

Quote:
Based on the rumors, you may be getting what you want, sort of. Supposedly, the 8 and 4 series are being discontinued at the end of production of the current models to be replaced by a 6 series with the M6 running a hybrid setup like the M5.
No 6 Series coming. Faith of 8 Series undecided yet. One model likely to survive: Gran Coupe. Definitely no M6 coming.

Sometimes rumors are just rumors
Appreciate 0