New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-02-2022, 10:56 AM   #6491
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I must admit, I laughed out loud when I read this about the armed robber that was shot by the elderly store owner in CA. Running out of the store saying "He shot my arm off". Good for him, too bad the owner had a heart attack afterwards.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...y-suspect-shot
Crazy right?!? At least they will be prosecuted in Riverside County. That same crime committed in L.A. County would've gone without prosecution.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go16729.50
      08-02-2022, 10:59 AM   #6492
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Crazy right?!? At least they will be prosecuted in Riverside County. That same crime committed in L.A. County would've gone without prosecution.
I was pleasantly surprised to see bail was set for $500K.
      08-02-2022, 11:01 AM   #6493
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I was pleasantly surprised to see bail was set for $500K.
Same here…..

….then again, L.A. County is the only county (…along with San Francisco) with a POS D.A. at the helm. Poor chief law enforcement officer he is. At least San Francisco got smart and ousted their D.A. We'll see what November brings for California and the nation as a whole.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go16729.50
      08-02-2022, 11:12 AM   #6494
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Same here…..

….then again, L.A. County is the only county (…along with San Francisco) with a POS D.A. at the helm. Poor chief law enforcement officer he is. At least San Francisco got smart and ousted their D.A. We'll see what November brings for California and the nation as a whole.
We have the same going on here with the DA in NYC. I read a great article this morning written by Bratton about how if you don't follow history you are bound to repeat it. He did great things to turn around NYC and keep us safe and now it's back to where it was. I need to see if I can find it.
      08-02-2022, 11:13 AM   #6495
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Same here…..

We have the same going on here with the DA in NYC. I read a great article this morning written by Bratton about how if you don't follow history you are bound to repeat it. He did great things to turn around NYC and keep us safe and now it's back to where it was. I need to see if I can find it.
Bratton was the business when he was here too.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go16729.50
      08-02-2022, 02:31 PM   #6496
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Rep

Drives: BMW-less :(

Garage List
Quote:
….Nope! Nor sex with a prostitute on an open mic being broadcast countywide.
Rumor has it that Pismo Beach PD has an opening for a sergeant over an on-duty hummer (note the lower case "H").....
      08-02-2022, 03:07 PM   #6497
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
….Nope! Nor sex with a prostitute on an open mic being broadcast countywide.
Rumor has it that Pismo Beach PD has an opening for a sergeant over an on-duty hummer (note the lower case "H").....
What's the back story?!? Jilted lover? Accusation of a "forced" hummer under the color of authority? Audio and/or video? Did he get caught by the Lieutenant/Captain?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 03:23 PM   #6498
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

This escalated quickly…..

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgxBY...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 04:52 PM   #6499
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Really well for an Asian.

Quote:
Damn! Wtf is wrong with people? What happened to settling things with a good old fist fight? Some of those people seemed way too casual for having a few people murdered right in front of their eyes.
Appreciate 1
paquet631.50
      08-02-2022, 04:56 PM   #6500
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
Quote:
Damn! Wtf is wrong with people? What happened to settling things with a good old fist fight? Some of those people seemed way too casual for having a few people murdered right in front of their eyes.
I agree! Gone are the days of kickin' ass or getting your ass kicked, accepting the outcome and living to fight another day. The guns, knives, multiple assailants, etc. take precedence over a little hurt pride.

People love the macabre. I've rolled up on scene right after somebody was killed and saw people just standing there recording using their cellular phones and/or streaming on Tik Tok.
Appreciate 2
paquet631.50
S1nner153.00
      08-02-2022, 05:01 PM   #6501
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Really well for an Asian.

Quote:
I agree! Gone are the days of kickin' ass or getting your ass kicked, accepting the outcome and living to fight another day. The guns, knives, multiple assailants, etc. take precedence over a little hurt pride.

People love the macabre. I've rolled up on scene right after somebody was killed and saw people just standing there recording using their cellular phones and/or streaming on Tik Tok.
I bet they posted the videos with a caption like "RIP" or "Gone too soon" or some other "look at me, I'm sad" description, but then only check to see how many likes they get from it. Crazy world we live in now.
Appreciate 3
      08-02-2022, 05:05 PM   #6502
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Why are people so oblivious?!? I just saw a guy hop out of his new BMW 4-Series and run inside of a building while leaving the car running with the driver's side door wide open. If I were a bad guy, I would have jumped right into the driver's seat and stolen that car (….kidnapping anybody who might've been inside of the vehicle; it just happened a few days ago with children in the car). It amazes me how many times people have left a car running outside (…e.g….at a gas station, in their driveway, etc.) and had the car stolen. Then they call the police, frantic……because they are idiots. Sometimes I want to ask them, "Are you regularly this stupid?"
Appreciate 4
      08-02-2022, 05:11 PM   #6503
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What's the back story?!? Jilted lover? Accusation of a "forced" hummer under the color of authority? Audio and/or video? Did he get caught by the Lieutenant/Captain?
I'm surprised that this isn't the talk of the station out there, since it made the national news:

https://www.modbee.com/news/californ...263937811.html

"...while on duty, in full uniform and driving a marked police vehicle."

She was apparently a reporter for a local radio station per another article that actually published her name (and I applaud the Modesto Bee for NOT publishing it).....
      08-02-2022, 05:17 PM   #6504
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm surprised that this isn't the talk of the station out there, since it made the national news:

https://www.modbee.com/news/californ...263937811.html

"...while on duty, in full uniform and driving a marked police vehicle."

She was apparently a reporter for a local radio station per another article that actually published her name (and I applaud the Modesto Bee for NOT publishing it).....
Now, I will admit I've known many people who have engaged in a bit of casual whoopie on the job……from LEO's, to fire fighters to school teachers……but I wouldn't ever do it in a patrol vehicle.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1620060.50
      08-02-2022, 05:51 PM   #6505
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Quote:
Why are people so oblivious?!? I just saw a guy hop out of his new BMW 4-Series and run inside of a building while leaving the car running with the driver's side door wide open. If I were a bad guy, I would have jumped right into the driver's seat and stolen that car (….kidnapping anybody who might've been inside of the vehicle; it just happened a few days ago with children in the car). It amazes me how many times people have left a car running outside (…e.g….at a gas station, in their driveway, etc.) and had the car stolen. Then they call the police, frantic……because they are idiots. Sometimes I want to ask them, "Are you regularly this stupid?"

You just need to call them stupid without doing so. Just tell stories about your retarded uncle ... that always seems to mirror the exact situation they are currently facing.
LOL
Ya my dumb uncle Steve used to have a Lambo. He just ran into the store quick for some cash from the atm. The damn hooker stole the car. His fault for leaving it run I guess.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 06:14 PM   #6506
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
Quote:

You just need to call them stupid without doing so. Just tell stories about your retarded uncle ... that always seems to mirror the exact situation they are currently facing.
LOL
Ya my dumb uncle Steve used to have a Lambo. He just ran into the store quick for some cash from the atm. The damn hooker stole the car. His fault for leaving it run I guess.
Lol! I'll do it and post it here.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 07:40 PM   #6507
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Now, I will admit I've known many people who have engaged in a bit of casual whoopie on the job……from LEO's, to fire fighters to school teachers……but I wouldn't ever do it in a patrol vehicle.
I think that I posted here the one about a nearby town's police officer who got locked in the back of his cage car with a woman. He drove down a dirt road into the woods to find a private place, not realizing that it was on military property. Long story short, there was supposedly a lengthy debate between the MP's and civilian police officials about who's jurisdiction the patrol car fell under, so that the appropriate authority could open the door and let the couple out.....
      08-02-2022, 07:43 PM   #6508
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I think that I posted here the one about a nearby town's police officer who got locked in the back of his cage car with a woman. He drove down a dirt road into the woods to find a private place, not realizing that it was on military property. Long story short, there was supposedly a lengthy debate between the MP's and civilian police officials about who's jurisdiction the patrol car fell under, so that the appropriate authority could open the door and let the couple out.....
That sounds like an absolute mess.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1620060.50
      08-03-2022, 10:22 AM   #6509
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Did he get off though? (pick either meaning)
Appreciate 1
vreihen1620060.50
      08-03-2022, 10:35 AM   #6510
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Sneaky, sneaky Steve... Yes you would.

Name:  Not Po Po..jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  26.1 KB
Appreciate 2
vreihen1620060.50
      08-03-2022, 11:22 AM   #6511
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Sneaky, sneaky Steve... Yes you would.

Attachment 2947634
Lmao! Shhhhh!
Appreciate 1
Lady Jane80893.00
      08-04-2022, 08:48 AM   #6512
jmack
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: OG M2, E70 X5M

Quote:
Like a scene straight out of Super Troopers.
Appreciate 1
Esteban53048.00