New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-14-2024, 08:17 AM   #5875
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
So the province of Alberta is experiencing winter right now. The previous government fully embraced "green energy" alternatives, solar and wind. Given the current weather 93% of their electricity is being produced by burning LNG.

The Federal government has mandated no more ICE after 2035, and want to get away from oil & gas and move to heat pumps for home heating.

Yesterday in Alberta an emergency alert was put out.
Think typos are a factor of the Gov't dweeb typing the text fingers freezing up?
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 4
M5Rick66604.00
eugenebmw1957.00
      01-14-2024, 11:08 AM   #5876
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
So the province of Alberta is experiencing winter right now. The previous government fully embraced "green energy" alternatives, solar and wind. Given the current weather 93% of their electricity is being produced by burning LNG.

The Federal government has mandated no more ICE after 2035, and want to get away from oil & gas and move to heat pumps for home heating.

In laymans terms if the system overloads then ppl can and will freeze in their homes as central heating pumps stop working. Way I see it is EV chargers could well overload the system.
Appreciate 4
      01-14-2024, 11:42 AM   #5877
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Yes that is mostly true. India and China will always be huge polluters and massive consumers of resources. What is missing here is that this was never about saving the planet. It has never been about raising the developing countries living standards but it is about tearing down America's standards. American freedoms and capitalism have created the most prosperous and opportune economy in the history of the world. People from all over the world have made their way here legality and found safety, wealth opportunity, religious freedom and a rule of law they never experienced in their home country. That is repugnant to global elites and current generations who have been raised to hate America and American Exceptionalism. This has never been about saving the planet or scientific facts would not be ignored, technologies would not be promoted that harm the planet while other technologies that will work are ignored or worse lied about. The green morons are nothing more than useful idiots in a game they will never understand until it is too late.
Our current open boarders crisis has never been about saving the oppressed, it has been about oppressing and destroying the middle class in America. It ignores human trafficking, drug importation, crime and the obvious threat of terrorism, it is about lowing the standard of living in America.
We are still Ronald Reagan's "Shinning light on the Hill" but just barely.

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on [...]
Wow I sure hope someone can stop all these bad people from destroying America! What an insidious plot this is!
Appreciate 1
eugenebmw1957.00
      01-14-2024, 11:43 AM   #5878
Condorll
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2023 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

>The Federal government has mandated no more ICE after 2035, and want to get away from oil & gas and move to heat pumps for home heating.<

Stop voting for clowns
Appreciate 6
M5Rick66604.00
eugenebmw1957.00
Efthreeoh18707.50
      01-14-2024, 11:51 AM   #5879
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Wow I sure hope someone can stop all these bad people from destroying America! What an insidious plot this is!
We are and will.
      01-14-2024, 12:18 PM   #5880
eugenebmw
Captain
Rep

Drives: G15 M850i G82 M4, G22 M440

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
From the Brits forum. Those guys are funny and they’ve never heard of “politically correct “.
I love this EV, I will take it any day
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66604.00
      01-14-2024, 12:24 PM   #5881
eugenebmw
Captain
Rep

Quote:

I bet there is diesel generator inside the truck..\
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66604.00
      01-14-2024, 12:33 PM   #5882
eugenebmw
Captain
Rep

Quote:

They forgot to mention. For the EV users, walk instead of charging your EV (hidden -40 C and good luck)
Appreciate 3
      01-14-2024, 12:46 PM   #5883
crAbb
As above, so it is below
Rep

Drives: M340i

Quote:

Your shiny new EV sits on the drive. You didn't plug it in when you got back from work, because you were tired, and you forgot, and you wanted to get in your house, to see your beautiful wife, who is due to give birth anytime. That night, you're disturbed from your sleep by your wife who is in pain. You ring 911, but it'll be a half hour before they can get to you, because the extreme weather has them stretched to maximum. Your wife needs to get to hospital. NOW. Wrapping her warmly, against the sleet and a bitterly cold northerly wind, you make it to your car. Buckle her up. Get in, and switch it on. Only to find your range is 11 miles. The hospital is over twenty miles away.....
Appreciate 5
M5Rick66604.00
Efthreeoh18707.50
eugenebmw1957.00
      01-14-2024, 12:57 PM   #5884
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by crAbb View Post
Your shiny new EV sits on the drive. You didn't plug it in when you got back from work, because you were tired, and you forgot, and you wanted to get in your house, to see your beautiful wife, who is due to give birth anytime. That night, you're disturbed from your sleep by your wife who is in pain. You ring 911, but it'll be a half hour before they can get to you, because the extreme weather has them stretched to maximum. Your wife needs to get to hospital. NOW. Wrapping her warmly, against the sleet and a bitterly cold northerly wind, you make it to your car. Buckle her up. Get in, and switch it on. Only to find your range is 11 miles. The hospital is over twenty miles away.....
Be me. Childfree but married. Wife isn't pregnant. Just got back from vacation. Always plug my car in. Drive it to go for a hike today. Run multiple errands over a couple of added trips. Big smile on face. Car is plugged back in and will start recharging at 2100 hours tonight.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 01:21 PM   #5885
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Be me. Childfree but married. Wife isn't pregnant. Just got back from vacation. Always plug my car in. Drive it to go for a hike today. Run multiple errands over a couple of added trips. Big smile on face. Car is plugged back in and will start recharging at 2100 hours tonight.
I know you know this and you’re just making a joke, but one of the big problems is that doesn’t describe the vast majority of married folks in the United States or the world. Fortunately, though, it is true these days that 50%-ish of the adults in the U.S. are single (or at least unmarried. I’m not actually sure how they categorize unmarried folks who are shacking up.)
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

01-14-2024, 01:41 PM   #5886
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I know you know this and you’re just making a joke, but one of the big problems is that doesn’t describe the vast majority of married folks in the United States or the world. Fortunately, though, it is true these days that 50%-ish of the adults in the U.S. are single (or at least unmarried. I’m not actually sure how they categorize unmarried folks who are shacking up.)
I was describing only one out of eight billion people on the planet.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 02:14 PM   #5887
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
I was describing only one out of eight billion people on the planet.
Thanks for clarifying that. I apologize my post didn’t make it clear I already knew that.

01-14-2024, 02:15 PM   #5888
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Unfortunately the media had to get involved to get the offer that was basically a day late and a dollar short.

01-14-2024, 02:26 PM   #5889
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying that. I apologize my post didn’t make it clear I already knew that.
I was clear that you already knew that. I like tautologous posts.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 02:33 PM   #5890
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M550i; Swift Sport 6MT; EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by crAbb View Post
Nothing will change until a school of kids are hurt in these things.
Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1957.00
      01-14-2024, 02:52 PM   #5891
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
As climate lawsuits wind through the courts, concerns arise over the impartiality of the judges
A federal judge in Oregon denied a request from the U.S. Department of Justice to dismiss a climate-change based lawsuit, explaining in her ruling that climate change poses such a dire risk to mankind and the court is “duty-bound to provide redress for the irreparable harm government fossil fuel promotion has caused.”
Critics worry that the activists are using the court system to enact energy policies they want, which circumvents legislatures where the policies would be voted on by elected officials representing their constituents’ desires. More than that, a network of climate activists and environmentalists, who are opposed to fossil fuel use and supportive of renewable energy, may be training judges presiding over the cases.
The Climate Judiciary Project has crafted 13 curriculum modules and hosted 42 events, with more than 1,700 judges having participated in its activities. The project was created by the Washington, D.C.-based Environmental Law Institute (ELI).
In her ruling denying the federal government’s request to dismiss, Judge Aiken appeared to side with the plaintiffs out of a concern that energy policies aren’t acting to address climate change. “Lawsuits like this highlight young people’s despair with the drawn-out pace of the unhurried, inchmeal, bureaucratic response to our most dire emergency,” Aiken wrote.
In her ruling, Aiken, stated that “The parties do not disagree that the climate crisis threatens our ability to survive on planet Earth. This catastrophe is the great emergency of our time and compels urgent action.”
https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...tiality-judges

Environmental Law Institute (ELI)
Environmental Law Institute (ELI) is a left-of-center environmentalist legal advocacy organization. ELI runs a judicial education program to teach judges left-of-center climate policy and an environmental justice initiative to teach the far-left concept of “environmental justice.” The organization also supports the critical race theory-influenced concept of racial justice.
https://www.influencewatch.org/non-p...institute-eli/

I spend a lot of my free time in the past 30 days fighting against "Natural Asset Companies"
https://hageman.house.gov/media/in-t...roperty-rights
I've spoken to more congressional aids than I can remember. On Monday this fight will most likely be lost. The SEC will create a new asset class and unique accounting to go with it and NACs will use the air you breathe as currency. We will all be the worse for this but if we can afford BMW's we will be fine. Not so much for the poor and under privileged but the greed and hubris of the Global elites knows no bounds

The above article is the next fight. If courts can fine governments or corporations based on "climate change" things are going to get a lot more expensive. These NAC's will be used in the form of get out of climate jail cards for governments and companies deemed to be causing or not addressing climate change.

crAbb ask in a earlier post on this thread "Where did we go so wrong? " IMO we went wrong when we got too comfortable in our lives and forgot to fight.

Last edited by Car-Addicted; 01-14-2024 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 5
M5Rick66604.00
KRS_SN14237.50
eugenebmw1957.00
      01-14-2024, 04:04 PM   #5892
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
Nothing will change until a school of kids are hurt in these things.
Doubtful, we live in a world where the lives of children are of little value. If they survive not be aborted (WHO, 73 million induced abortions per year world wide). Then there is human trafficking which estimates vary between 2008 and 2019, 30,000 to nearly 120,000.

Not being condescending to you or your opinion but sadly this is the world we live in where we preach about saving the planet for the childrens that we obviously don't care about. Now if they all just looked like little polar bears then maybe we would care.
Appreciate 4
KRS_SN14237.50
eugenebmw1957.00
M5Rick66604.00
      01-14-2024, 04:13 PM   #5893
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
As climate lawsuits wind through the courts, concerns arise over the impartiality of the judges
A federal judge in Oregon denied a request from the U.S. Department of Justice to dismiss a climate-change based lawsuit, explaining in her ruling that climate change poses such a dire risk to mankind and the court is “duty-bound to provide redress for the irreparable harm government fossil fuel promotion has caused.”
Critics worry that the activists are using the court system to enact energy policies they want, which circumvents legislatures where the policies would be voted on by elected officials representing their constituents’ desires. More than that, a network of climate activists and environmentalists, who are opposed to fossil fuel use and supportive of renewable energy, may be training judges presiding over the cases.
The Climate Judiciary Project has crafted 13 curriculum modules and hosted 42 events, with more than 1,700 judges having participated in its activities. The project was created by the Washington, D.C.-based Environmental Law Institute (ELI).
In her ruling denying the federal government’s request to dismiss, Judge Aiken appeared to side with the plaintiffs out of a concern that energy policies aren’t acting to address climate change. “Lawsuits like this highlight young people’s despair with the drawn-out pace of the unhurried, inchmeal, bureaucratic response to our most dire emergency,” Aiken wrote.
In her ruling, Aiken, stated that “The parties do not disagree that the climate crisis threatens our ability to survive on planet Earth. This catastrophe is the great emergency of our time and compels urgent action.”
https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...tiality-judges

Environmental Law Institute (ELI)
Environmental Law Institute (ELI) is a left-of-center environmentalist legal advocacy organization. ELI runs a judicial education program to teach judges left-of-center climate policy and an environmental justice initiative to teach the far-left concept of “environmental justice.” The organization also supports the critical race theory-influenced concept of racial justice.
https://www.influencewatch.org/non-p...institute-eli/

I spend a lot of my free time in the past 30 days fighting against "Natural Asset Companies"
https://hageman.house.gov/media/in-t...roperty-rights
I've spoken to more congressional aids than I can remember. On Monday this fight will most likely be lost. The SEC will create a new asset class and unique accounting to go with it and NACs will use the air you breathe as currency. We will all be the worse for this but if we can afford BMW's we will be fine. Not so much for the poor and under privileged but the greed and hubris of the Global elites knows no bounds

The above article is the next fight. If courts can fine governments or corporations based on "climate change" things are going to get a lot more expensive. These NAC's will be used in the form of get out of climate jail cards for governments and companies deemed to be causing or not addressing climate change.

crAbb ask in a earlier post on this thread "Where did we go so wrong? " IMO we went wrong when we got too comfortable in our lives and forgot to fight.
Judge Eitken and any other ones knowingly siding with greenie environmentalists should be disbarred.
Appreciate 3
      01-14-2024, 04:22 PM   #5894
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Judge Eitken and any other ones knowingly siding with greenie environmentalists should be disbarred.
She has announced her retirement. Judges and politicians are their most dangerous when they are not running for reelection.

https://eugeneweekly.com/2023/06/10/...ken-to-retire/
Appreciate 3
M5Rick66604.00
eugenebmw1957.00
      01-14-2024, 04:40 PM   #5895
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
She has announced her retirement. Judges and politicians are their most dangerous when they are not running for reelection.

Well, just to be accurate, she is/was a federal judge appointed for life.

01-14-2024, 04:46 PM   #5896
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Appreciate 1