New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-03-2020, 05:30 PM   #5567
premier3is
Major
Rep

Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

I just matched with 2 10/10s today boyz.... Life is good

If you hear me bitching in a few days it means it didn't work lol.

Also one of them I may not even try.... she is posted up in all designer clothing, drives a G63 AMG, lives in Beverly Hills and looks wayyyy too bougie. I don't think I can hang in that expensive lifestyle.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13065.50
MKSixer34102.00
      03-03-2020, 05:55 PM   #5568
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
However; how many attractive women do you see that are with men that make you scratch your head????
Majority.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      03-03-2020, 05:59 PM   #5569
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I've been witness to white people treating POC differently. Not badly, but differently. It made me aware that skin color was something significant to them and which governed how they interacted with people. That's disappointing. Not someone I could develop a lot of respect for.
I was in Alabama. Went there to meet with a vendor who got me tickets to Talladega. I was in the elevator in the hotel and as the door was closing, a black maid was approaching the elevator. I stopped the doors from closing to let her on. Holy shit! You would think I committed murder the way the other occupants of the elevator reacted. I was appalled. What in the f$ck? Are people really so racist? It really pisses me off. I don’t care if you are purple. I treat every single person I come in contact with the way I want to be treated. I leave it to the specific individual how I treat them in return. I don’t predetermine how I treat someone based on their skin color. It really irks me. Your ethnicity is irrelevant to how I treat you. Im color blind. I talk to everyone and am courteous to everyone. I have had several encounters where I have started conversations with POC say in line at stores and have gotten eye rolls or been told “Don’t talk to me you white bitch”. WTF?
Appreciate 7
mc-m3236.50
King Rudi13065.50
Rmtt8201.00
MKSixer34102.00
Dang3r12482.50
      03-03-2020, 07:58 PM   #5570
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I was in Alabama. Went there to meet with a vendor who got me tickets to Talladega. I was in the elevator in the hotel and as the door was closing, a black maid was approaching the elevator. I stopped the doors from closing to let her on. Holy shit! You would think I committed murder the way the other occupants of the elevator reacted. I was appalled. What in the f$ck? Are people really so racist? It really pisses me off. I don’t care if you are purple. I treat every single person I come in contact with the way I want to be treated. I leave it to the specific individual how I treat them in return. I don’t predetermine how I treat someone based on their skin color. It really irks me. Your ethnicity is irrelevant to how I treat you. Im color blind. I talk to everyone and am courteous to everyone. I have had several encounters where I have started conversations with POC say in line at stores and have gotten eye rolls or been told “Don’t talk to me you white bitch”. WTF?
Here in Minnesota, where pathological politeness and conflict aversion are epidemic, racism has been driven underground and is way more subtle. This is widely true north of the Mason-Dixon line, in my experience; below that line, racism is more open. I guess there's something to be said for candor, but I can't salute it in this case.

Here, racism takes some curious and awkward forms. I'm not about to try to catalogue them here. It's really disappointing, is all I'll say for now.
MKSixer34102.00
      03-03-2020, 09:20 PM   #5571
premier3is
Major
Rep

Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

As a person of color, reading the last few posts makes me sad

Racism is still alive that's for sure and we experience it more often than people would think.

We're all humans man. This shouldn't even be a topic!
Appreciate 8
King Rudi13065.50
Rmtt8201.00
cmyx6go16631.50
MKSixer34102.00
Dang3r12482.50
      03-03-2020, 09:28 PM   #5572
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Sounds like a great date - congrats!

+1 to being known by the band. It's reassuring to them when you're recognized and people say "Hi" when you're out in public with a date, even if they're not important or impressive people. It shows them that you're not a hermit, a complete asshole, or a con man who's burned everyone you've ever known. And a date wants to know that you've got a social network, so you're not going to glom onto them and depend on them for all of your social needs.
This is true - so many times I've heard "wow how do you know so many people" and it inflates my ego and i shamelessly love it

Quote:
Got it. All good.

True...and I also see some really sharp guys that stay with manipulative, bitchy, psychotic train-wreck women.
Next time you want to describe that, just tag my name it'll be easier!
There was a time I was going after crazy women (the ones where you can just look at her and tell she is trouble) You can't beat the different level of fun that those women bring; someone can be fun to hang with and you enjoy the time you spend with her but holy shit crazy chicks are something else. I think it's knowing that you can wake up with breakfast or get hit in the balls with that exact same cooking pan that gets my blood flowing The feeling of knowing that you're dealing with danger is something else I swear to god

But got some good news for you gents that I will deliver shortly!
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8201.00
King Rudi13065.50
      03-03-2020, 10:03 PM   #5573
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
As a person of color, reading the last few posts makes me sad

Racism is still alive that's for sure and we experience it more often than people would think.

We're all humans man. This shouldn't even be a topic!
I think it's okay that it's a topic. If we're talking about it, we're fixing it.
King Rudi13065.50
Rmtt8201.00
cmyx6go16631.50
      03-03-2020, 10:09 PM   #5574
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
This is true - so many times I've heard "wow how do you know so many people" and it inflates my ego and i shamelessly love it

Next time you want to describe that, just tag my name it'll be easier!
There was a time I was going after crazy women (the ones where you can just look at her and tell she is trouble) You can't beat the different level of fun that those women bring; someone can be fun to hang with and you enjoy the time you spend with her but holy shit crazy chicks are something else. I think it's knowing that you can wake up with breakfast or get hit in the balls with that exact same cooking pan that gets my blood flowing The feeling of knowing that you're dealing with danger is something else I swear to god

But got some good news for you gents that I will deliver shortly!
The crazy ones are exhilarating. Why do we drive fast cars? Why have many of us engaged in high-stakes endeavors? See the pattern?

Can't wait to hear the good news!
Rmtt8201.00
MKSixer34102.00
      03-03-2020, 10:58 PM   #5575
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
The crazy ones are exhilarating. Why do we drive fast cars? Why have many of us engaged in high-stakes endeavors? See the pattern?
Yes exactly! It's definitely not healthy and I'm glad I figured it out before shit hit the fan but while it lasted it was very, very fun

Quote:
So I was on a conference over the weekend, just got back today. We went with the school so there were a couple girls in the trip as well, one very hot and one that looked like she was a nice person.

I really don't know how to put it but after spending a few days together with the nice girl I feel like a high schooler and I'm loving it! Her flight was before mine so I texted her saying it was great to meet her and that I'd like to get to know her better - grabbing lunch over the weekend!

One downside though, depending on where you stand on this, she was VERY excited when Kevin McCarthy came up on stage. I don't mind the political context however she was as excited to see him as I would be if I saw Olivia Wilde. One of her close friends is known to be "Mrs. Trump" and the general vibe I got from her that was she was "that" conservative. Not really an issue but if her best friend is known as the young female Trump (or any political figure, really) that might be a yikes. Only time will tell

And I genuinely think Olivia Wilde is one of the hottest women that have ever existed.

Ended up being friends with the hot girl, kinda got the vibe that she wasn't in when I was flirting with her and she changed the subject. Thankfully she's not one of those hot girls without a personality so even if I can't spin that around not a loss imo. She has a vibe that I can't see myself get involved with but definitely a fun person to have around.

The nice girl though - we were talking and she said something which made me genuinely go "you're actually one of the nicest people i've ever met" and she blushed and said the same thing about me. While I am debatable in terms of being "nice", to see that reaction was actually very cute. She's definitely the antithesis of me; I'm very outgoing and she's the shy, quiet type, but she loves good food and once she opened up she was a vibe.

So - looking very forward to the weekend!
Appreciate 7
Rmtt8201.00
cmyx6go16631.50
nyalpine907418.00
King Rudi13065.50
MKSixer34102.00
premier3is1647.00
      03-03-2020, 11:14 PM   #5576
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes exactly! It's definitely not healthy and I'm glad I figured it out before shit hit the fan but while it lasted it was very, very fun

So I was on a conference over the weekend, just got back today. We went with the school so there were a couple girls in the trip as well, one very hot and one that looked like she was a nice person.

I really don't know how to put it but after spending a few days together with the nice girl I feel like a high schooler and I'm loving it! Her flight was before mine so I texted her saying it was great to meet her and that I'd like to get to know her better - grabbing lunch over the weekend!

One downside though, depending on where you stand on this, she was VERY excited when Kevin McCarthy came up on stage. I don't mind the political context however she was as excited to see him as I would be if I saw Olivia Wilde. One of her close friends is known to be "Mrs. Trump" and the general vibe I got from her that was she was "that" conservative. Not really an issue but if her best friend is known as the young female Trump (or any political figure, really) that might be a yikes. Only time will tell

And I genuinely think Olivia Wilde is one of the hottest women that have ever existed.

Ended up being friends with the hot girl, kinda got the vibe that she wasn't in when I was flirting with her and she changed the subject. Thankfully she's not one of those hot girls without a personality so even if I can't spin that around not a loss imo. She has a vibe that I can't see myself get involved with but definitely a fun person to have around.

The nice girl though - we were talking and she said something which made me genuinely go "you're actually one of the nicest people i've ever met" and she blushed and said the same thing about me. While I am debatable in terms of being "nice", to see that reaction was actually very cute. She's definitely the antithesis of me; I'm very outgoing and she's the shy, quiet type, but she loves good food and once she opened up she was a vibe.

Excellent!!! So happy you felt some connection. It's what we're all after. More importantly, it's with someone nice, someone calm. And it sounds like you're complementary in your personality types and/or styles, which is a model I think has some real value. Really glad to hear this. Do keep us posted.
cmyx6go16631.50
King Rudi13065.50
MKSixer34102.00
      03-04-2020, 07:11 AM   #5577
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Here in Minnesota, where pathological politeness and conflict aversion are epidemic, racism has been driven underground and is way more subtle. This is widely true north of the Mason-Dixon line, in my experience; below that line, racism is more open. I guess there's something to be said for candor, but I can't salute it in this case.

Here, racism takes some curious and awkward forms. I'm not about to try to catalogue them here. It's really disappointing, is all I'll say for now.
Haven't seen a lick of racism since moving down to Charleston from Philly/Jersey. Many POC work on the floor in our shop and they're the nicest people I have ever met. Everyone gets treated the exact same. Different story in philly/jersey as most people are just assholes regardless of your race.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go16631.50
Rmtt8201.00
      03-04-2020, 07:59 AM   #5578
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:

Time will tell. Everyone sends their representative in the beginning. If she's this big Trump person, that's auto DQ from go for me
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2020, 08:00 AM   #5579
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think it's okay that it's a topic. If we're talking about it, we're fixing it.
Just b/c it's talked about, does not = fixing it. Most of the talk I see about it on TV, in the media, etc is making it worse.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 08:02 AM   #5580
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's worse than you can imagine. It's a toxic environment literally and metaphorically. We bottle vinegar here and the acidic levels here can be insane. Being located in a rural southern town, the mentality of most of the employees is just as toxic.

Outlined in other threads here, some will remember; the "individual" that I share an office with is beyond intolerable. Cheats on her husband with other employees here, constantly spreading rumors about other employees, complete narcissist, etc. There is an entire thread here somewhere about her. I'm the Project Coordinator here and it was requested to have the cameras installed inside the office in order to either a.) catch extracurricular post office hour activities going on inside the office or b.) prevent/discourage said activities. End result, because of someone, who is close to 60 years old who still acts like a teenager, I am now under constant surveillance because I am forced to share an office with her due to office space constraints. Less than desirable environment, but the trade off is that I make decent money and I live less than 10 minutes away. Few employment opportunities offer complete satisfaction. I take the good with the bad. On the other hand, I do truly enjoy my position and what I do. Fact/science based logical thinking applied to capital expenditures is what I do. I make a pretty hard to argue approach when it comes spending our money on continuous improvement, people just suck sometimes.
Hope you're job hunting, though. Gotta be better than that toxicity out there for ya!
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13065.50
      03-04-2020, 08:04 AM   #5581
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Most of the talk I see about it on TV, in the media, etc is making it worse.
Hopefully this is more of a conversation. The media mainly delivers lectures and finger-wagging. And stereotypes, which are antithetical to dialogue.
      03-04-2020, 01:03 PM   #5582
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2010 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
The Talladega incident could also be attributed to the servant mentality as well, and the POC just making it even worse. A few years ago I went to a friends wedding in Alabama, and as the evening wore on, I chatted up the bar staff to get some extra drinks flowing (yes it worked well). Later I was talking to some of the grooms family, and mentioned that one of the servers was pretty amusing. Was met with horrified stares and "why are you talking to the help?". This was a white person as well, but evidently they should not have been talked to simply since they were being paid to provide service?
Appreciate 2
      03-04-2020, 02:01 PM   #5583
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 02:57 PM   #5584
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Well done pickle.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8201.00
MKSixer34102.00
      03-04-2020, 03:03 PM   #5585
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

Nicely done, Pickle!! I'm really happy for you. Once I get home I will add my tale of woe to the repository. I'm about to zoom to the top echelons of the crazy stories.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 5
      03-04-2020, 03:05 PM   #5586
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Nicely done, Pickle!! I'm really happy for you. Once I get home I will add my tale of woe to the repository. I'm about to zoom to the top echelons of the crazy stories.
On standby for some entertainment!
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34102.00
King Rudi13065.50
      03-04-2020, 03:08 PM   #5587
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
On standby for some entertainment!
You'll need a vat.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
JP102471.50
      03-04-2020, 03:12 PM   #5588
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well done pickle.