New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #463
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Drives: BMW E90

@Litos

I saw this article/video today, and I thoughT that you might find it interesting since you are doing a similar no CFF diet, as one of these guys tried: http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...190600102.html

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #464
johanness
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar
Litos, watch out with that Vanilla Almond Milk. Some of the brands load theirs with sugar and pretend that because it's almond milk, it's healthy.

I always go for the unsweetened almond milk. I mix it in everything, from shakes to scrambled eggs, to whatever. Good stuff!
Also helps not to eat cereal out of a salad bowl
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 10:51 PM   #465
US///M3
Banned
Rep

Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
went to "Fogo de Chao" last month: http://www.fogodechao.com/menu/dining-experience/

Brazilian Steakhouse FTW.....

Mmmmh yummy!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #466
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
@Litos

I saw this article/video today, and I thoughT that you might find it interesting since you are doing a similar no CFF diet, as one of these guys tried: http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...190600102.html
processed foods are the worst - ever.

I completely stopped eating anything out of a box (hamburger helper, pastas, rice, breakfast tacos, jambalaya, hot pockets, frozen pizzas, breakfast buscuits, etc) or cans (campbell's soups, chili, beans, etc)...

wife is making a ton of whole foods now, which is really important to this meal plan I'm on: chicken breast, 99/1 lean ground turkey, beef ribs, pulled pork, eggs, etc....

I'm still taking in a few carbs a day and I'm still allotted 50-60g of sugar, but I rarely take in that much sugar in a day.....

this meal plan has cleaned me up so much that when I eat something that is loaded with sodium or fat, I feel like shit....

just my luck, with the fucked up weather we're having here in Houston, I got strep throat so I'm on antibiotics right now....
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #467
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
processed foods are the worst - ever.

I completely stopped eating anything out of a box (hamburger helper, pastas, rice, breakfast tacos, jambalaya, hot pockets, frozen pizzas, breakfast buscuits, etc) or cans (campbell's soups, chili, beans, etc)...

wife is making a ton of whole foods now, which is really important to this meal plan I'm on: chicken breast, 99/1 lean ground turkey, beef ribs, pulled pork, eggs, etc....

I'm still taking in a few carbs a day and I'm still allotted 50-60g of sugar, but I rarely take in that much sugar in a day.....

this meal plan has cleaned me up so much that when I eat something that is loaded with sodium or fat, I feel like shit....

just my luck, with the fucked up weather we're having here in Houston, I got strep throat so I'm on antibiotics right now....

Yeah processed foods are poison! There are some canned beans and soups that are okay though, just check the label.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #468
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah processed foods are poison! There are some canned beans and soups that are okay though, just check the label.
my wife makes home made beans
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #469
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Missed the burger posts...
Places here are trying to specialize in burgers lately.

I tried a place called burgerfi this past weekend.
Not bad. Still like a place called vertigo burger better. Fried egg on a burger was weird at first, now its a must.

Allegedly burgerfi has grass fed beef.

didnt take pics so i stole these from the websites.
Vertigo. Uses local cheeses

Burger Fi

Last edited by Rotorocious; 01-29-2014 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #470
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: LCI

made some amazing dark chocolate chip and walnut paleo cookies with no added sugar. Will post the recipe and pictures soon!

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #471
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
made some amazing dark chocolate chip and walnut paleo cookies with no added sugar. Will post the recipe and pictures soon!
Cool post that, I like healthy desert recipes. Have you ever tried vegan banana Ice cream? http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make...-cream-w-93414

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 08:36 PM   #472
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-NYC View Post
The Michelin guide isn't just based on food so its more than reasonable to find better food at a 1 star over a 2 or better food at a 2 star over a 3 star but I don't think you would find too many 1 stars serving better food than a 3 star.

The Michelin guides in the US are dumbed down significantly in order to fill a book of restaurants.
i definitely think there are 1 stars that taste better than 3 stars. heck i think there are unranked restaurants that taste better than starred ones.
Give me an example of a one star with better food than a three star

I know in NY, I would take just about any two star over Daniel
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 08:44 PM   #473
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-NYC View Post
Give me an example of a one star with better food than a three star

I know in NY, I would take just about any two star over Daniel
In my experience I think many 2 michelin star restaurants offer comparable food to 3 star restaurants. 3 star restaurants tend to pay more meticulous attention to service.

I don't know of a single one star restaurant (that I've been to) that I'd rate superior to a 3 star restaurant (I've only been to Restaurant Joel Robuchon and per se), but I know plenty of 2 stars that I'd take certainly over Restaurant Joel Robuchon.

I think that place gets 3 stars mostly on Robuchon's legacy and not necessarily on the quality of the meal (although it's still very good).
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #474
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Also dinner today. I've been forgetting to snap pictures recently so this one was taken mid meal. Oh well -

It was a pork chop with essentially braised vegetables and whole roasted potatoes cooked in a very classic Italian way (with lots of olive oil). It was a bit too "healthy-foody" for my liking (very lean meat to the point of being somewhat dry, and no real depth to the dish)

Not sure if I'll try this one again....

I like to have a nice, robust sauce with my meats (and I like my meats to be juciy, fatty, and fork tender).
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 10:09 PM   #475
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorocious View Post
Missed the burger posts...
Places here are trying to specialize in burgers lately.

I tried a place called burgerfi this past weekend.
Not bad. Still like a place called vertigo burger better. Fried egg on a burger was weird at first, now its a must.

Allegedly burgerfi has grass fed beef.

didnt take pics so i stole these from the websites.
Vertigo. Uses local cheeses

Burger Fi
They have a opened a bunch of those around here. Havent tried it yet, not really much of a "fancy" burger guy. I'll just take a five guys burger over most "fancy" burgers I have tried. There is one place here called charmed city burgers which does make a pretty tasty burger.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 10:14 PM   #476
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Here it is. Turned out really delicious and you could barely tell that there was no flour in it. Almond meal, baking soda, vanilla, dark chocolate chips, walnuts, the smallest amount of honey, egg, and coconut oil. Mix dry ingredients then stir in the wet ones and mix till smooth. Cook at 350 for 15 minutes and BAM! So good I recommend highly you guys should try it out.

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 10:59 PM   #477
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
In my experience I think many 2 michelin star restaurants offer comparable food to 3 star restaurants. 3 star restaurants tend to pay more meticulous attention to service.

I don't know of a single one star restaurant (that I've been to) that I'd rate superior to a 3 star restaurant (I've only been to Restaurant Joel Robuchon and per se), but I know plenty of 2 stars that I'd take certainly over Restaurant Joel Robuchon.

I think that place gets 3 stars mostly on Robuchon's legacy and not necessarily on the quality of the meal (although it's still very good).
I agree completely. In many instances, the service is what separates the two. I think its more than possible for a two star to have better food than a three. In fact, I can think of a couple examples here in NYC and in Paris.

I've been Joel Robuchon's restaurants in NY and in Paris but none are three star...I am a big fan on his. I was invited to one of the last meals at the L'Atelier at the Four Seasons in NYC where he was in the kitchen. A woman next to me, who has been to all his restaurants, said his Vegas restaurant is by far his best... which isn' too far off from what I've heard from others. One things that separates that particular restaurant from his others is that MGM covers much if not all his operating expenses, including the food. This makes it unbeatable as far as the types of ingredients and quality.

Very nice guy BTW. He gave me his personal card and told me to ring when I visit Valencia Spain.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 11:12 PM   #478
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
Here it is. Turned out really delicious and you could barely tell that there was no flour in it. Almond meal, baking soda, vanilla, dark chocolate chips, walnuts, the smallest amount of honey, egg, and coconut oil. Mix dry ingredients then stir in the wet ones and mix till smooth. Cook at 350 for 15 minutes and BAM! So good I recommend highly you guys should try it out.
Those look really good!

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 11:14 PM   #479
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Those look really good!
soooo goood, next time im gonna mix in some almond butter for added protein

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #480
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

I had a cheat meal last night...

buddy came over, so I had the wife make some Franks Red Hot Wings with mashed potatoes.

the mashed potatoes was pretty much the only thing that ruined it, and I didn't even eat that much of it...

oh, and she left the skin on the chicken, which was bad

but shiiiiiiit, I KNOW it could have been worse....I'm really starting to control myself.....

I even gave my buddy two new unopened cans of Pringles last night to take outta my house....

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 09:34 AM   #481
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Drives: blue streak

Quote:
I even gave my buddy two new unopened cans of Pringles last night to take outta my house....
Give him the fryer too!! haha
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 09:57 AM   #482
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Give him the fryer too!! haha
they ain't fried - they're baked in the oven
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 10:47 AM   #483
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Drives: blue streak

Quote:
they ain't fried - they're baked in the oven
Do they come out crispy?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #484
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Do they come out crispy?
no, not at all.....

the skin is nice and soft...

they taste like wings you get from Pizza Hut as opposed to the wings you get from Wing Stop...

they taste really good - only thing that is not healthy about them is when I eat them with the skin......

last time I ate them, my wife peeled the skin for me - she loves me
Appreciate 0