New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #23
m3_love
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 991 C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaxi165 View Post
hey, whats the recipe for that noodle soup? Looks pretty damn good
Ingredients: Thin sliced beef, Onions, chinese mushrooms, soy sauce, chinese cabbage, one pack of udon noodles, chopped green onions (scallions)...(can add other ingredients to your taste, shrimp, other veggies)

Steps: soak mushroom in water till soft, chop them up, throw them in boiling water, along with chopped chinese cabbage and chopped onions, let boil on low heat for about 5 min. After which, add noodles, then flavoring (soy sauce, salt, pepper etc) and cook till noodles are soft. Right before turning off heat, lay some thin sliced beef in the soup (they cook very easily, you don't want it overcooked or it'll taste too hard/chewy), put in a bowl, then sprinkle some fine chopped green onions then you're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
I am an eating enthusiast looking for a cooking enthusiast. Now THAT would be a match made in heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
Do you always photograph your dinner?
I photograph the ones that came out presentable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

I cook quite a bit. Being a bit older and single you either learn or eat out a ton...or eat crap.

Have not met a woman in years who can boil water right so I do the cooking.

Italian, Mex/Tex, SWestern, Lots of killer sambishes. I likes sambishes, with a pickle.

I love shellfish OP but your cholesterol level must be through the roof.
Texan and no BEEF?
I don't really eat a lot of shellfish, and there are lots of instances where I felt lazy to photograph my cookings, and the ones I photograph just so happened to be those with shellfish and I like a healthy balance between seafood/meat/veggies when I cook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACSTER View Post
Nice plate presentation! I'm a big cook as well and have lots of dinner parties.
Too bad you're in TX or I'd invite you over. Making filet with a gorganzola sauce
tonight for dinner with a nice cabernet FTW!
Nice~sounds elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Shit dude that looks good, i love scallops
who doesn't man~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
Ok people, fire up some recipes. I try to keep it relatively simple, fresh ingredients done fairly simply.

White Bean Puree
1 can of white kideney beans
Stock
Garlic
Shallots
Rosemary
Olive oil

Chop the shallots finely along with the garlic, brown in a bit of olive oil. Throw the rosemary in for 30 seconds. Add the beans, pour in enough stock to cover them and simmer for 20 minutes or so. Whip with a whisk.

I usually make this with a pan fried steak and dump the juice from the steak into the beans as well. If its a really fancy dinner I'll slice the steak and put it on the puree and then drizzle a balsamic reduction on it.
very nice, doesn't sound too complicated, thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
Wife and I are big cooking enthusiasts. We're in one supper club together and wife is also in a ladies cooking club too. Basically all we watch on TV is foodnetwork or Bravo's Top Chef. Our grocery bill's are rediculous. But it's great.
I know, foodnetwork gets real addicting if you know what I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
hey OP, hook up the recipes!!! those dishes look delicious.
LMK which ones you want
e90 M3 l 6MT - OEM++
e92 335i l Auto - the list is too long...
Appreciate 0