New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

05-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #23
Doc GTO
Wicked Fast +1
United_States
Rep

Drives: 13 X5 50i MSport/02 M3 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJerman View Post
Sorry, I'm coming from the high performance world. 557 isn't a whole lot to me. I'm not saying it's not a lot of horsepower, but not to me. People frequently put turbos on their Cobras and hit 700+ RWHP depending on their engine setup.

But now that I think more into it, it's not a forged bottom end, so you're right, it's not designed for that much power. Still, I'm not particularly impressed. Lets see someone forge the bottom end and crank up some boost. 557 out of a 6.0 is nothing. For the cost of the turbo build they might as well do the engine as well and get some real numbers.
You mean high horsepower world. We got Coastal Dyno down here and they do a lot of custom turbo setups on Cobras. I've seen some sick #s but they are on the high maintenance side. They usually run a lower boost on the street. With the guys I hang out with, if they don't have a 600 rwhp Cobra then don't even come out to play . . .
Appreciate 0