New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

07-21-2024, 11:40 PM   #23
M4Tejas
Captain
Rep

Drives: 22 G82 M4xDrive

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sm View Post
Hey guys,
Needing some advice here, so I ended up buying a Panamera for a really good deal, the downside was that it was a smoker’s car. When I removed the cabin filter it was black!! Immediately like 40% of the smell was gone with the new filter and a few days of driving. I then got the interior detailed, but I did not like the job done by local auto spa. I also did the ozone machine method and right now I’d say 25% of smell is still there and on top of that the ozone smell is also there now. Cigarette smell is very specific and even with 25% you can still pick up on it especially when just getting in.

What to do next? I will air it out and ozone smell should desipate, are there leather cleaning products that have some kind of enzyme that will eat the smoke particles in leather? Should I wipe it all down with vinegar? Maybe new car leather conditioner?

Please post your suggestions please!
https://www.theodordoctors.com

Detail shops here remove it. Any good detail shop can handle it
Attached Images

2022 M4 Comp xDrive Aventurin Red Metallic
https://wieninger.de/ Seit 1666

Last edited by M4Tejas; 07-22-2024 at 12:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2024, 09:10 AM   #24
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Tejas View Post
https://www.theodordoctors.com

Detail shops here remove it. Any good detail shop can handle it
When a detailer tells you he can remove smokers smell in a couple of hours, rest assured it will not be gone.
Appreciate 1
DrVenture978.00
      07-24-2024, 09:55 AM   #25
DrVenture
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M550i 2022

Thinking outside the box here: one could add some pork odor and tell everyone you really like BBQ.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sizzling-...RoC7o0QAvD_BwE
      07-24-2024, 06:53 PM   #26
cbpip
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: BMW Z4C 3.0si 3 pedal

Garage List
2007 BMW E86C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
When a detailer tells you he can remove smokers smell in a couple of hours, rest assured it will not be gone.
This is a fact, same with Stealerships. All their doing is stealing your hard earned $$. Take your money and then make excuses for why their attempt(s) may have failed due to your situation. They have no clue.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2024, 07:25 PM   #27
jokeroz
Registered
Rep

Drives: BMW F10 525d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpip View Post
This is a fact, same with Stealerships. All their doing is stealing your hard earned $$. Take your money and then make excuses for why their attempt(s) may have failed due to your situation. They have no clue.
With the money I've spent at the detailers, I could've bought myself a mini detailing kit and would've done a better job than them, at least it seems like it
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 11:34 AM   #28
FrankMstein
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, F56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpip View Post
This is a fact, same with $tealerships. All their doing is stealing your hard earned $$. Take your money and then make excuses for why their attempt(s) may have failed due to your situation. They have no clue.
^^^There I fixed it for you.
      07-26-2024, 06:32 AM   #29
MADBMWX5MC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
or you could start smoking?
Oh man, I had a good laugh right there....talk about glass half full...
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2024, 02:29 PM   #30
x3sm
Captain
Rep

Drives: M3 E93 Porsche

UPDATE:

The only thing that really helped was O-Zone machine. I did it in increments and let the car air out and the smoke smell is either gone or very minimal. I also did the FrigiClean and AC is definitely blowing cleaner and fresher. The main thing left right now is the lingering o-zone smell. Hopefully when that airs out, the smells will be gone. I did clean all the leather parts as well. I still have to use the wet vac to go through all the carpets.
AUDI S4: SOLD
BMW E92 335: SOLD
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2024, 06:40 AM   #31
FrankMstein
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, F56

Quote:
UPDATE:

The only thing that really helped was O-Zone machine. I did it in increments and let the car air out and the smoke smell is either gone or very minimal. I also did the FrigiClean and AC is definitely blowing cleaner and fresher. The main thing left right now is the lingering o-zone smell. Hopefully when that airs out, the smells will be gone. I did clean all the leather parts as well. I still have to use the wet vac to go through all the carpets.
As expected! It will not go away completely.
      07-30-2024, 07:03 AM   #32
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Drives: All of them

Garage List
I ended up in a similar situation with my Super Duty. The dealer tried to cover it up with scents or something. So I did a good detail, then bought an ozone generator for like $30 on amazon. First treatment knocked out 90% but after a couple days, I could still get a whiff of cigarettes. So I did a second treatment and that got everything. Truck is perfect now. Make sure every surface is clean and filters are replaced. Cigarette smoke contains tars among other things so the residue is sticky. I used soapy wash cloths for most of the hard surfaces since regular detailers didn’t really seem to break it down as quickly as dawn did.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2024, 07:07 AM   #33
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
UPDATE:

The issue is, you really needed to do the deep clean first then do the ozone. No point in doing the ozone if your car still has smoking residue all over. I’d run the ozone cleaner again AFTER you feel confident you cleaned everything. May take two more treatments but will be gone I can assure you. The chlorine like smell from the ozone cleaner will dissipate. If you can, put the car in the garage with the windows down overnight and it should clear everything out.
Appreciate 0