New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-05-2022, 11:21 PM   #23
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Hope you feel better soon, OP. Where in Nashua are you? I used to live off Lake Street down by Bishop Guertin Highschool.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 09:07 AM   #24
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallySlash View Post
18 months for me. Food has no joy. And favorite adult beverages leave a weird after effect like testing a 9v battery on your tongue.
oof man maybe the alcohol burned your tongue off

in all seriousness that blows, have you tried scent training or taste training. Im not sure the latter exists.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 09:14 AM   #25
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

also , do not panic, most people loosing taste is just like a cold, having the nose blocked remove the taste.

just now we realized more since this is a major effect from covid and news are bashing on that. So doesn't mean this is directly related to the virus.

Also, re-started my counter , my kiddo got it this morning. here we go again...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 09:21 AM   #26
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: G30/M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
also , do not panic, most people loosing taste is just like a cold, having the nose blocked remove the taste.

just now we realized more since this is a major effect from covid and news are bashing on that. So doesn't mean this is directly related to the virus.

Also, re-started my counter , my kiddo got it this morning. here we go again...
Good luck ! I'm on day #5 now and feel MUCH better. Just a little raspy in breathing and my cough has significantly declined. My head is starting to clear up too. Nice feeling somewhat "Normal" again. The first two days of this shit was awful, and I was fully vaccinated. Cant imagine what people went through that didnt get the shot.
Appreciate 1
oVeRdOsE.3311.50
      04-06-2022, 09:42 AM   #27
XutvJet
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
Good luck ! I'm on day #5 now and feel MUCH better. Just a little raspy in breathing and my cough has significantly declined. My head is starting to clear up too. Nice feeling somewhat "Normal" again. The first two days of this shit was awful, and I was fully vaccinated. Cant imagine what people went through that didnt get the shot.
Most unvacinnated people do not have such severe symptoms as yourself and many don't know they had it.

My wife, daughter, and myself got COVID in February 2021 prior to public availability of the vaccine. I had a fever for 6 hours and then lost my sense of smell and taste. My wife and daughter had no symptoms except for a loss of smell and taste. My wife and I got our smell and taste back in about 10 days. It took my 12 y/o daughter nearly 3 months to get her smell and taste back. My 17 y/o son had never had any symptoms but he's surely had it.

I was coerced by my company to get the vaccine back in October 2021 which now we know is a total waste of time if you've already had COVID. My wife and children remain unvaccinnated. I'm sure we've all had Omnicron in the winter given that it was everywhere but the symptoms are so mild that most have no idea they have/had it.
Appreciate 3
Wolf 3352507.50
scostu1619.50
Todd0131379.50
      04-06-2022, 09:56 AM   #28
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
+1 .

but not only for bad advice , but also people arguing against you.

My bro he's a doctor (surgeon specialized) , so my sister, and he used to give advice here and there on forums, without telling he's a doctor, and people were arguing.
He better get paid and having happy patient, than giving advice for free and getting shit.

Same for me, I use to give advice according to different code and standards ( building code, nfpa, csa, asme, etc) , but people were arguing about something black on white....

Sometime I hate humans

Doctors disagree with one another too. There's no getting away from these damn humans.
Appreciate 1
oVeRdOsE.3311.50
      04-06-2022, 10:03 AM   #29
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: G30/M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Most unvacinnated people do not have such severe symptoms as yourself and many don't know they had it.
I dont know how bad my symptoms were, but I can tell you the first 48 hours were Brutal. I could barely walk up stairs without being exhausted. It was freaking crazy. For me getting the shot was nothing. I served in the Military over 24 years and have had all kinds of things poked into me. The worst I ever had was Anthrax before deploying to Desert Storm. It wasnt FDA approved or anything, but we all took it and moved on. Literally felt like a Wasp stinging me for 2 days straight.

In the Military rules are VERY different. You can actually be administratively disciplined for not getting your annual FLU vaccine.

Best of luck with you and the Family.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 04:59 PM   #30
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
some are ok, but most need to be hospitalized.

And those one fckup our stats, and this is why, here, we are the latest place to have 'severe' restrictions.

Free healthcare for all, but when something come to makes it expensive, we have heavy restrictions.

my bro is part of the gov report program, and 1 month after omicron (around november) his stats at his hospital in a city area, was 100% of people who need severe healthcare were not or not fully vaccinated. Now this number drops to about 65% because of the new variant, but still , it was a heavy stat to convince gov to keep measures ( not only his hospital, but few other too)
Appreciate 0