New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-06-2010, 12:11 AM   #23
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
we just want the money from the insurance now... They won't find the car.. they tried, the cops can't ID the crook..
so unless a freak accident happens and they catch it, we're not hoping for it.. My bro got over it..
he'll have my E93 that's coming in in a few days to drive, so it isn't that bad while he waits for whatever will happen.
We're waiting for our sales guy to come back to see what options we have. The car was a lease.. Maybe 6 months old?
Wow that's pretty crazy. I always thought it was possible for BMW Assist to track it down somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
how in the hell is this even possible? i'm sorry op, this is the weirdest thing i've heard of.

it was an escalade for sure
No it wasn't an escalade. We all talked about how u would have to tow a BMW on a flatbed to steal it. Then it came up that it can be opened in something like 15 seconds. Again we never learned what it was but it made many wonder...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #24
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Wow that's pretty crazy. I always thought it was possible for BMW Assist to track it down somehow.
It is possible. Unless the guy who stole your car has about half a dozen brain cells and he's learned from the school of the streets that all you gotta do is pull of the shark fin, as mentioned in my above post

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 12:19 AM   #25
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
It is possible. Unless the guy who stole your car has about half a dozen brain cells and he's learned from the school of the streets that all you gotta do is pull of the shark fin, as mentioned in my above post
Lol true. It sounds like these are pros and they knew what they were doing.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #26
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep

Drives: E92 335i MT

instantly reminded me of gone in sixty seconds when the guy intercepts the garage door signal and opens the door. Could be the same technology but they have to be pros for sure.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 01:03 AM   #27
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Drives: ///M323 DCT

Could very well be an inside job. A few years ago a neighbor of mine bought a SL AMG. Parked it in front of his house in a circular driveway. Within a week, one night, it disappeared. The cops found it a not to long later and it was later traced that somebody at the dealer had made a fake key for it and the guy was arrested. Car was found intact though.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 01:16 AM   #28
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Now that I think about it, it has to be an inside job. The codes for those keys come ONLY from factory. Tried to sell my old FOB and it is worthless because the factory only makes 2 codes for each car and you have to pay like $400 to get a new code if you lose both of them.
      12-06-2010, 01:24 AM   #29
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep

Drives: bmw

what i remember is that they replace the ecu and start the car with a new key. it's a bit more complicated but it works.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 01:44 AM   #30
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep

Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
it shouldn't be too hard to find who made the copies right?
      12-06-2010, 01:57 AM   #31
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep

Quote:
it shouldn't be too hard to find who made the copies right?
the only people would be the one's servicing his car or working at the dealer. IMO, it's not that easy but it can be done. keep us posted on the outcome.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 02:04 AM   #32
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
will do
      12-06-2010, 02:05 AM   #33
bmwmike335
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: m4

i want to meet these theives that robbed a fucking X6 M and bounced like pros, wow, pretty impressive. Anyhow, yea BMW should go stick something up their ass cuz thats hilarious and embarassing that they cant track it down.

This is car is prolly on its way to Dubai or some other middle eastern country. you dont steel X6 Ms to tear it apart, what u gona do, sel its bumpers n shit? no u move it out of the country n sell it for near wholesale price, so some duchebag will have this in a week.

sorry bro, look on the bright side now you can get a new whip =)
2013 535i (RIP), 2014 535i (RIP)
2013 e92 M3 interlagos blue
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 02:07 AM   #34
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

I am not sure about this but if someone can confirm this that would be great. I lost one of my keys once so I bought a new one, I had to wait/order one since my car is not keyless. I never brought the car into the dealer for them to set up the key or anything, they didn't need my car at all. I was not able to pick up the key so they mailed it to my house and told me once I insert it into the key slot, the car will automatically load data onto the key and the key will only work for my car from then. From what it seems, it is just a blank new key and for the key to work with the car all you have to do is insert it into the slot. If thats true maybe the thief had a blank key and the opportunity to insert it into your car's key slot?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 02:14 AM   #35
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuangYiChao View Post
I am not sure about this but if someone can confirm this that would be great. I lost one of my keys once so I bought a new one, I had to wait/order one since my car is not keyless. I never brought the car into the dealer for them to set up the key or anything, they didn't need my car at all. I was not able to pick up the key so they mailed it to my house and told me once I insert it into the key slot, the car will automatically load data onto the key and the key will only work for my car from then. From what it seems, it is just a blank new key and for the key to work with the car all you have to do is insert it into the slot. If thats true maybe the thief had a blank key and the opportunity to insert it into your car's key slot?
uhh...no. lol. you think BMW is that dumb, the dealer probably programmed the key using information from the factory or something along those lines.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 02:26 AM   #36
EmmettBrown
Banned
Rep

Drives: cars

i dont know about you guys, but thats a fucking SICK car to steal. i'm sick of all these assholes stealing shitty ass corollas from the 80s, civics, camrys, etc. big props to the people who stole your bros car and good luck finding it. at least hes got the E93 coming in!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 02:33 AM   #37
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmike335 View Post
i want to meet these theives that robbed a fucking X6 M and bounced like pros, wow, pretty impressive. Anyhow, yea BMW should go stick something up their ass cuz thats hilarious and embarassing that they cant track it down.

This is car is prolly on its way to Dubai or some other middle eastern country. you dont steel X6 Ms to tear it apart, what u gona do, sel its bumpers n shit? no u move it out of the country n sell it for near wholesale price, so some duchebag will have this in a week.

sorry bro, look on the bright side now you can get a new whip =)
Well if it comes to Lebanon, the guy picking it up is a dead man...
      12-06-2010, 02:33 AM   #38
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmettBrown View Post
i dont know about you guys, but thats a fucking SICK car to steal. i'm sick of all these assholes stealing shitty ass corollas from the 80s, civics, camrys, etc. big props to the people who stole your bros car and good luck finding it. at least hes got the E93 coming in!
lmfao
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 02:35 AM   #39
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Well if it comes to Lebanon, the guy picking it up is a dead man...
why, unless your family is like a mafia there are plenty of people who would have you dead for getting in their way. don't you agree?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 02:43 AM   #40
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmettBrown View Post
are you seriously giving props to car thieves?
WTF is wrong with you man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmthree View Post
why, unless your family is like a mafia there are plenty of people who would have you dead for getting in their way. don't you agree?
no.. he's a dead man if it comes here
he'll go into the container instead of the car.. You run out of air pretty damn fast in there...
      12-06-2010, 03:11 AM   #41
EmmettBrown
Banned
Rep

Drives: cars

Quote:
are you seriously giving props to car thieves?
WTF is wrong with you man?
well geez sorry
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 03:35 AM   #42
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep

Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Suck! Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 06:12 AM   #43
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2022 M340ix

Sounds like they had a key. Reeks of an inside job to me.

Any way to find out what other BMWs purchased from the same dealer were stolen within a few months of purchase?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 06:17 AM   #44
Oregano123
Banned.....j/k
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 535xi, '11 Panamera

reminds me of that carjacking scene sanctioned by Tony Soprano