Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Harmon Kardon

03-15-2021, 04:49 PM   #23
50M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.b View Post
Agreed with TurtleBoy

If you were impacted, your build sheet would show it. Ask your dealer but I think you should be good - it's the late March/early April builds (week 14-16) that were really flagging the shortages.

Exciting times with your delivery ahead!
It should arrive Thursday. I already scheduled time off work for Thursday - Tuesday. Heh.
Smart man. Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 02:45 PM   #24
Vin0770
Rep
Drives: 2021 430i xdrive

Garage List
2021 430ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twssas View Post
Was just reading over on the X5 board that new build orders that have ordered the Harmon Kardon are being downgraded to the Hi-Fi system due to lack of parts.

My dealer just got me an allocation for a m340 Xdrive, and I have ordered the Harmon Kardon. I’m hoping this doesn’t turn out to be an issue.

Anyone here know for sure about this? I’ll try to find out what I can from the dealer tomorrow
Well for what it’s worth my dealer tried to order me my 430i xdrive with all the goodies I wanted and it would come sometime in June. This was on March 1st and the factory said they couldn’t take the order because they didn’t have any H/K units and no more ventilated seats as an option...all due to the pandemic and suppliers able to catch up.

Cancelled the order got my deposit back and went to Audi A5 loaded up and couldn’t get past the wart on the dash that looked like they glued my laptop on it! Pass

Next to Mercedes Benz and order a loaded up AMG GLA 35 should here by August/September....pass. Search US wide but everything was a compromise and I didn’t want black wheels.

Back to BMW, still the BEST test drives by far over everything I looked at and searched US wide (stock in the states) making give and take compromises like color and color combo and some options. Settled for the Artic Race Blue and Oyster (in Cincinnati) with everything on it but the adaptive cruise...��. I’m gonna miss not having that I’m sure.

Could have had a white and beige combo with everything but said pass. I’ve had like my last five cars with adaptive cruise what the hell is so hard to add that to like every frigging package! But this is my first BMW so I guess German car building doesn’t think like me. 738 cars in the country and like six had adaptive cruise...wtf!

Anyway happy as a clam with how it worked out, but I’ll be getting rid of these run flats sooner than later. It really improved my C6 z51 Vette as soon as I got them off and put on some decent skins so I’m a believer in AAA and a compressor ��
Appreciate 0