New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Today, 09:13 PM   #331
lens
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Max had 1000IQ here, he realized the Ferrari's were faster than him, along with Norris, so he ate both penalties and kept lando behind and ruined his race on purpose.

Instead of losing 13 points, he lost 10.

Lando would have won the race with the last hard tire stint at the end if Max didn't keep him behind.

Some people call it dirty driving, I call it entertainment. I don't care who wins, as long as it's not Mclaren, I hope Ferrari win the WCC and Max wins the WDC.

Mclaren and Norris are so unlikeable
Appreciate 1
      Today, 09:24 PM   #332
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
And?
Don't rain on Sainz's parade - also leave him some place or space under the sun.

It took Ferrari 34 years to win the Mexican GP. Sainz made them proud by pulling it off. He also dominated qualifying. So we may assume that Sainz knows a couple of things about how to drive the Ferrari put at his disposal. Sainz ain't an exceptional F1 driver, I agree, but he's doing a proper job for Ferrari.

Let's wait and see whether Hamilton can get Ferrari in 2025 and 2026 the 4th and 5th Mexico GP win of their entire F1 history instead of waiting till the hypothetical 2058 season.

Feel free to dig up this post again in 2025 and 2026.
      Today, 09:33 PM   #333
AmuroRay
Major General
Rep

Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Don't rain on Sainz's parade - also leave him some place or space under the sun.

It took Ferrari 34 years to win the Mexican GP. Sainz made them proud by pulling it off. He also dominated qualifying. So we may assume that Sainz knows a couple of things about how to drive the Ferrari put at his disposal. Sainz ain't an exceptional F1 driver, I agree, but he's doing a proper job for Ferrari.

Let's wait and see whether Hamilton can get Ferrari in 2025 and 2026 the 4th and 5th Mexico GP win of their entire F1 history instead of waiting till the hypothetical 2058 season.

Feel free to dig up this post again in 2025 and 2026.
This is nothing to do with him winning a moral victory in Mexico and everything to do with the idea that Sainz is somehow better than Lewis.

But I guess winning in Mexico is just as good as winning the WDC.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:45 PM   #334
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I also agree with others it would be nice to have crew of maybe three steward groups that split up the season. I think youd have a lot more consistency. Much like a soccer/baseball ref. Even if they are wrong, you at least have an idea of how they’ll rule after some time with each group.
Recommended read:
"What are F1’s racing rules? A look at race stewards and drivers’ battle for clarity"
Madeline Coleman - The Athletic - Oct 25, 2024
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/587...teward-driver/
      Today, 10:14 PM   #335
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
This is nothing to do with him winning a moral victory in Mexico and everything to do with the idea that Sainz is somehow better than Lewis.

Have you seen the future and will it be ?

During his forthcoming tenure at Ferrari, Hamilton will be expected to score points. As you know very well, for FIA, only points matter for WDC and WCC titles - not the possible sympathy for you as a person or your impressive trophy cabinet loaded with artefacts of numerous past victories. Simple maths.

If next year, Hamilton scores more points than Sainz this year, Hamilton can be called a better performing Ferrari driver than Sainz with the Ferrari car put at his disposal. If Hamilton scores less points than Sainz this year, Sainz can be called a better performing Ferrari driver than Hamilton with the Ferrari car put at his disposal. It's as simple as that. The discussion whether Hamilton is one of the greatest F1 drivers ever, won't change that.

Remember the high expectations of Michael Schumacher's comeback in 2010-2012 (Mercedes F1): his 7 WDC titles were to no avail - as regards podium finishes during that three seasons period, in FIA stats he was an F1 driver who achieved only 1 third place in the last 58 races of his career, a 40-something 'has been' who couldn't keep up anymore with the younger generation of F1 drivers with the Mercedes car put at his disposal.

Up to Hamilton to show us at Ferrari that he won't end in oblivion like Schumacher in 2010-2012.
      Today, 10:22 PM   #336
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:

I don’t think anyone is claiming SAI is better than HAM. It’s an absolute certainty that HAM is a short term plan for Ferrari and will likely be gone in 3 years. The argument is Ferrari traded away potentially 5+ years of consistent competition with LEC and SAI (assuming Ferrari continues on this upward trajectory) for 3 years of HAM.

From the Ferrari side of things, HAM is the better driver than SAI all things remain equal, full stop. I don’t think Ferrari regresses with HAM, things might remain the same but they don’t go backwards with the upside that HAM win his 8th championship and Ferrari finally wins another WCC.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:38 PM   #337
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens View Post
Max had 1000IQ here, he realized the Ferrari's were faster than him, along with Norris, so he ate both penalties and kept lando behind and ruined his race on purpose.
Instead of losing 13 points, he lost 10.
Lando would have won the race with the last hard tire stint at the end if Max didn't keep him behind.
Some people call it dirty driving, I call it entertainment. I don't care who wins, as long as it's not Mclaren, I hope Ferrari win the WCC and Max wins the WDC.
Mclaren and Norris are so unlikeable
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Ferrari finally wins another WCC.
In the post race interview of the Mexico GP, Leclerc stated that Ferrari targets the WCC this year.

Mathematically, it's definitely possible - the gap is big, but can be bridged: considerable risk of Verstappen and Norris colliding in one of the remaining Sprint races and GPs. We cannot look inside Verstappen's mind, but given his dislike for Zak Brown and his heated rivalry with Norris, I guess he prefers Ferrari getting the WCC rather than McLaren.

During the Mexico GP, Verstappen compromised Norris' chances to win the race. Thanks to Verstappen holding up Norris, Ferrari managed to build enough gap to achieve the race win.
      Today, 10:57 PM   #338
Davil
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 21 Vantage, 18 Vantage, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The Aston pace car is so damn slow ....
Race control sets the pace that Berndt drives. Hence why it is called a safety car. You know. To make sure conditions are safe.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:59 PM   #339
Davil
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 21 Vantage, 18 Vantage, 00 WRX

Garage List
That was a very entertaining race. Max’s Dick Dastardly tactics finally caught up with him. Carlos was outstanding all weekend and a deserving winner. What a great season this is turning out to be.
Appreciate 0