New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

07-07-2024, 02:37 PM   #287
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
It appears like KbD says that Ferrari are on the slide with a basic wrong turn before that updates now don't agree with.
I think the Pirelli tires really s@ck .

One set works really well . While another set really sucks and extremely sensitive is for temperature fluctuations (!)

I just heard that the Red Bull Team is planning to take some compound samples from the Pirelli rubber .

#Italians (!)

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick67104.50
      07-07-2024, 02:58 PM   #288
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I think the Pirelli tires really s@ck .

One set works really well . While another set really sucks and extremely sensitive is for temperature fluctuations (!)

I just heard that the Red Bull Team is planning to take some compound samples from the Pirelli rubber .

#Italians (!)
It would be good to get Good Year or even Bridgestone back but Michelin would be the cherry on the top
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2024, 03:19 PM   #289
AmuroRay
Major General
Rep

Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Ham might be good in the rain but Max is definitely better. He made Ham and Nor look slow despite them having the downforce which should have made them much faster than Max and his small wing in those conditions.
It's fun to watch Ferrari and their mess of a team...Mclaren don't seem far behind backing the wrong driver who will likely never win them anything. They should give Pia first dibs at parts and strat because he's the far more talented driver.
Mercedes is not a “faster car” and Max proved that. His pace was better than Hams on worn Softs - Max should have won, but he’s starting to come apart at the seems now that the gap isn’t 50 seconds like it used to be.

Just so you know, all the Softs Hamilton had during the race were used from qualifying. I’m not sure how Max is better in the rain versus Hamilton, when Ham had worse tires and a slower car (as evidence from last week, where RB was putting distance on Merc before Max's crash)

This is just superior racecraft from Ham in tire management, strategy and pace.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.

Last edited by AmuroRay; 07-07-2024 at 11:16 PM..
Appreciate 3
      07-07-2024, 03:36 PM   #290
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
McLaren has the fastest car most races but needs a better strategy team, they are not as bad as Ferrari but it seems they are making decisions - i won't say that loses the race but that are not helping them win
The problem is McLaren lets Lando make the calls. They pay strategists, let them make the calls.
Appreciate 1
a5m805.00
      07-07-2024, 03:39 PM   #291
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Mercedes is not a “faster car”...
The Mercs thrived all weekend in the cool weather. They clearly were the quicker car this weekend, locking the front row.

Honestly if Landos fits his new mediums tires and a lap earlier, he wins that race. Piastri was moving with his medium tires.
Appreciate 4
Rono63870.00
F32Fleet3811.00
a5m805.00
      07-07-2024, 04:16 PM   #292
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Cool down room scene.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2024, 04:21 PM   #293
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Pit lane speeding fines today:
  • Verstappen:
    • 80.4 km/h = 0.4 km/h excess = €100
    • 80.5 km/h = 0.5 km/h excess = €100
  • Albon:
    • 80.3 km/h = 0.3 km/h excess = €100
    • 80.2 km/h = 0.2 km/h excess = €100
      07-07-2024, 04:33 PM   #294
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
McLaren has the fastest car most races but needs a better strategy team, they are not as bad as Ferrari but it seems they are making decisions - i won't say that loses the race but that are not helping them win
That’s for damn sure!!!
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67104.50
      07-07-2024, 04:49 PM   #295
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
The Mercs thrived all weekend in the cool weather. They clearly were the quicker car this weekend, locking the front row.

Honestly if Landos fits his new mediums tires and a lap earlier, he wins that race. Piastri was moving with his medium tires.
Exactly. MB had a MUCH faster car to start and then it got even faster due to cold weather. Max had the 3rd fastest car on pure pace - it was his FAR SUPERIOR race craft in both wet and dry (over everyone in the field) that allowed him to make that race so close. Ham should have been much faster in the wet because he strapped on a large wing which would have meant way more stability in the rain, but Max showed who is best in those conditions (and by good margin). Beyond that, those hard tires in that cold of weather, on a car that had a smallish wing adding to the hard time to fire them up should not have been nearly as fast as it was - again, Max made it so.

Max in the MB or Mcl would have been miles ahead of everyone.

Hey, even really bad hitters sometime hit home runs in baseball. Today, with quite a bit of luck and the very fastest car Ham just barely made it through the finish line before Max in the 3rd fastest car. Reminded me a bit of 2021 when Max was taking it to him in a slower car. Then again, Max is #1 in the WDC and Ham is waffling in the midfield at #8. Basically this race further proves what we all know. If the racing from 2022 to current was happening from 2014-2020 Ham would prob only have maybe 10-12 wins to his name.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 07-07-2024 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2024, 04:49 PM   #296
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Yup. Likely none of this happens if McLaren didn’t fk up their strategy/tires.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2024, 04:59 PM   #297
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
LEW can buy 300 Ferrari's in a heartbeat without moving to the Ferrari Team.

LEW thinks he can make Ferrari great again ....

#HamilNot (!)
Didnt Ham crash a few Ferraris already? Or was that a Pagani? Or both? I cant keep track since he seems to crash as much off track as he does on...LOL
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2024, 05:01 PM   #298
AmuroRay
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Mercedes didn't even have the best race pace, I don't remember Ham or Rus ever having the fastest lap, though I do recall Max and the McLarens duking it out on that front.

Being better in cooler weather doesn't mean that the cars were faster. This forum will fall on a sword to claim that Max wins against all odds and has the 3-4th fastest car, but can't even acknowledge when Ham has literally the 3rd fastest car and wins a Brilliant race on skill. It HAS to be the car.

Just remember, Merc hasn't even had a win this season on "merit" much less pure pace until today - Rus win last week was on Max and Lando knocking themselves out..
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.

Last edited by AmuroRay; 07-07-2024 at 11:16 PM..
Appreciate 5
atopa2002225.00
MontyB11600.50
SonnyJack328.00
Davil6846.00
      07-07-2024, 05:02 PM   #299
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M550i; Swift Sport 6MT; EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Pit lane speeding fines today:
  • Verstappen:
    • 80.5 km/h = 0.5 km/h excess = €100
  • Albon:
    • 80.3 km/h = 0.3 km/h excess = €100
    • 80.2 km/h = 0.2 km/h excess = €100
Fines are for practice only. In race it's either a time penalty, drive through penalty or stop and go penalty.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2024, 05:02 PM   #300
AmuroRay
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Yup. Likely none of this happens if McLaren didn’t fk up their strategy/tires.
So we are admitting that the McLarens and RB are actually faster. That makes Lewis win MORE impressive.
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2024, 05:25 PM   #301
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So we are admitting that the McLarens and RB are actually faster. That makes Lewis win MORE impressive.
Not sure until we see final pace from data but if McLaren didn't fumble the strategy and kept both NOR and PIA close together, different strategies would have likely affected the final result. But what we're left with was HAM being race leader with just enough gap, but leaving NOR 1v1 with VER which also needs to be looked at with NOR being on softs and VER being on the hard tires. Again, variables came into play with the final result.

I'm more upset at the direction of Ferrari. Clearly the upgrade after Miami is not working. Seems like Ferrari made a deal with the devil - Leclerc wins Monaco in exchange for poor performance for the remainder of the F1 season.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 07-07-2024 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2024, 05:51 PM   #302
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Another fantastic race, I just continue to be amazed with how much this season has turned around from a competitive standpoint since the start of the season. Congrats to Sir Lewis!
Appreciate 4
      07-07-2024, 05:59 PM   #303
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Mercedes didn't even have the best race pace, I don't remember Ham or Rus ever having the fastest lap, though I do recall Max and the McLarens duking it out on that front.

Being better in cooler weather doesn't mean that the cars were fasters. This forum will fall on a sword to claim that Max wins against all odds and has the 3-4th fastest car, but can't even acknowledge when Ham has literally the 3rd fastest car and wins a Brilliant race on skill. It HAS to be the car.

Just remember, Merc hasn't even had a win this season on "merit" much less pure pace until today - Rus win last week was on Max and Lando knocking themselves out..
I’ll give him credit. Hammy and MB won that race. It could have gone differently but they were on it today.
Appreciate 5
NickyC19046.00
AmuroRay2887.50
atopa2002225.00
SonnyJack328.00
      07-07-2024, 06:02 PM   #304
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Not sure until we see final pace from data but if McLaren didn't fumble the strategy and kept both NOR and PIA close together, different strategies would have likely affected the final result. But what we're left with was HAM being race leader with just enough gap, but leaving NOR 1v1 with VER which also needs to be looked at with NOR being on softs and VER being on the hard tires. Again, variables came into play with the final result.

I'm more upset at the direction of Ferrari. Clearly the upgrade after Miami is not working. Seems like Ferrari made a deal with the devil - Leclerc wins Monaco in exchange for poor performance for the remainder of the F1 season.
Race pace showed the MB and Mcl were faster (Pete Windsor analysis IIRC). THERACE also confirmed race pace from the GP showed RB was 3rd fastest. RB even said they were expecting 5th/6th at best but Max outdoes the odds again in a much slower car finishing only 1.4 sec behind 1st. Simply put, no one could nearly win that race with the 3rd fastest car except for Max. It was a masterclass in both the wet and dry (the pace in both conditions was textbook epitome of GP driving).

Honestly Ferrari as well as MB is kind of getting what they deserve for all the cheating they've done over the years that simply got swept under the rug every time.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 07-07-2024 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67104.50
      07-07-2024, 06:07 PM   #305
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
The problem is McLaren lets Lando make the calls. They pay strategists, let them make the calls.
Mclaren's problem is that they keep Pia at a distinct disadvantage to Nor so that they don't break Nor fragile ego by telling him their preference is with the better driver who only seems to finish behind when they total screw him on strategy, parts, or both.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67104.50
      07-07-2024, 08:27 PM   #306
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Honestly Ferrari as well as MB is kind of getting what they deserve for all the cheating they've done over the years that simply got swept under the rug every time.
Ferrari wasn't cheating, their strawberry engine passes all the regulations. For once Ferrari out engineered everyone else. If your not cheating you're not trying

How did MB cheat lately? They have sucked until now
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2024, 08:50 PM   #307
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Ferrari wasn't cheating, their strawberry engine passes all the regulations. For once Ferrari out engineered everyone else. If your not cheating you're not trying

How did MB cheat lately? They have sucked until now
The Ferrari engine was deemed illegal last I recall and MB hasnt quite done much lately but that's because they have sucked so bad it's hard to cheat when you're car and drivers wallow more in the midfield than anything else.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2024, 09:01 PM   #308
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The Ferrari engine was deemed illegal last I recall and MB hasnt quite done much lately but that's because they have sucked so bad it's hard to cheat when you're car and drivers wallow more in the midfield than anything else.
No, the Ferrari engine was legal until they changed the regs mid-season. They found a loophole ....I don't like changing the rules mid-season!!!!
Appreciate 1