New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

03-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #243
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: A Widebody 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
yup...same here.

question: since we're all at different stages of the program...the 1-30-60-90 day progress pics will be taken at different times. how should we go about posting those? my 30 day mark is coming up next monday...(don't think my body changed all that much)
I guess just post em on or around your 30,60 and 90 day marks unless someone has a better idea.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #244
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep

Drives: E92 335i MT

I say just save it and post it all at the end

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #245
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

Hey everybody I just recently started the program myself. As of this morning I completed day 5 (Legs and Back). It's definitely not easy and the biggest challenge for me has been the pullups. At first I started using the bands but it was a PITA to fiddle with them and figure out the right ones to use, so I switched to the chair method. While I'm able to do more reps, I have to concentrate to maintain my form. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will be strong enough to have good form and endurance and eventually move to no chair pullups!

One note on the yoga workout... I myself have never done any form of yoga until last night's Yoga X, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I'm pretty limber to begin with, so I was able to get into and hold most of the positions, and while it is nowhere near as strenuous as say plyo, I had a pretty good sweat going after 30 minutes or so. The biggest downside is that it is a long workout... 1hr 30 min!!! But it really works. For the couple days leading up to yoga, my hamstrings were extremely sore from the plyo. I was walking stiff and felt some pain every time i got into or out of a chair. But after doing the YogaX workout, they feel like new! Absolutely no soreness at all! So it just goes to show that it's a good workout to balance out the strength training with muscle flexibility.

Anyway good luck to everybody and I hope I make it through the full 90 days!

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #246
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by coh4777 View Post
Hey everybody I just recently started the program myself. As of this morning I completed day 5 (Legs and Back). It's definitely not easy and the biggest challenge for me has been the pullups. At first I started using the bands but it was a PITA to fiddle with them and figure out the right ones to use, so I switched to the chair method. While I'm able to do more reps, I have to concentrate to maintain my form. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will be strong enough to have good form and endurance and eventually move to no chair pullups!

One note on the yoga workout... I myself have never done any form of yoga until last night's Yoga X, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I'm pretty limber to begin with, so I was able to get into and hold most of the positions, and while it is nowhere near as strenuous as say plyo, I had a pretty good sweat going after 30 minutes or so. The biggest downside is that it is a long workout... 1hr 30 min!!! But it really works. For the couple days leading up to yoga, my hamstrings were extremely sore from the plyo. I was walking stiff and felt some pain every time i got into or out of a chair. But after doing the YogaX workout, they feel like new! Absolutely no soreness at all! So it just goes to show that it's a good workout to balance out the strength training with muscle flexibility.

Anyway good luck to everybody and I hope I make it through the full 90 days!
on completing the yoga workout. i for one don't do the yoga workout...but substitute it with Kenpo Cardio (from the + workout). to be honest, i could definitely use it as my flexibility sucks...and it does make you break a sweat believe it or not. its just sooo long
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #247
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
I say just save it and post it all at the end
that works for me...something like this:

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #248
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep

Drives: M-Sport LCI

I have been off of p90x for about a week maybe a little more. I have cheat here and there since being off. All this drama with friends, girlfriend, family, school, etc.. has made no time for anything.

Im thinking of starting over to day 1. I left of at the mid of week 3.

Shiould I start over. Its been more than a week. Shoudl I continue?

Your thoughts!?

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #249
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
I have been off of p90x for about a week maybe a little more. I have cheat here and there since being off. All this drama with friends, girlfriend, family, school, etc.. has made no time for anything.

Your thoughts!?
A week is a long time to be off of the program. Start all over my .2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #250
jhv
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3

shit, i just started (day 3, arms, shoulders and abs). that was so tough, but i stuck with it and i feel great. i've never been excited to work out, this is awesome
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #251
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post

Your thoughts!?
to be honest...as my first 30 days comes to an end here shortly...i have missed more than a few workouts. two days in a row at most...but i've tried to make up for it by doing the workout on the 7th day...instead of rest/Stretch X.

if i missed an entire week or more...i'd probally just start over...especially if my diet went to shit too.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #252
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, i just started (day 3, arms, shoulders and abs). that was so tough, but i stuck with it and i feel great. i've never been excited to work out, this is awesome
one thing i've found is that sometimes its hard as hell to get going. i work out in the late evening...8-830ish...and i have to really push myself sometimes to go downstairs and push PLAY.

but i tell you what...I FEEL FUCKING GREAT as soon as i'm done with the workout...which makes it all worthwhile.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #253
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Welcome aboard . You should join our transformation challenge.

Turbo > NA you should join too!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #254
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
one thing i've found is that sometimes its hard as hell to get going. i work out in the late evening...8-830ish...and i have to really push myself sometimes to go downstairs and push PLAY.
I'm a late evening guy also and I felt the same way during the first phase. That is no joke.

Now, it's not a choice, it's just something that I do. I just give it high priority. That feeling goes away over time. Just stick with it.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #255
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Ahh the humbling effect lol, we've all experienced it!

Just keep it up and never give up

add me to the list as well, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #256
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

BimmerPost / P90x transformation challenge participants list: WINNER GETS 5 BUCKS FROM EACH OF THE PARTICIPANTS!!!!
1. McMuffin
2. Import36
3. TTexan
4. .:bhd.:
5. leocdmg
6. Garduna

Lets keep em coming
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #257
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep

Drives: E92 335i MT

So how soon did you guys start seeing results. Im starting phase 2 on monday and would say my body hasnt changed all that much. I feel a lot stronger though

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #258
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 JB 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
So how soon did you guys start seeing results. Im starting phase 2 on monday and would say my body hasnt changed all that much. I feel a lot stronger though
Keep it up man!

Just got done with Shoulders and Arms, feeling pretty "swollen."

Made it through most of Ab Ripper without as many breaks, woo!

Any suggestions on substituting Plyo day? I have downstairs neighbors and they do not seem to like me hopping around on one leg...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #259
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTexan View Post

Any suggestions on substituting Plyo day? I have downstairs neighbors and they do not seem to like me hopping around on one leg...
Lmao. This made me crack up. Sorry man don't have an answer for you. Guess they'll just have to live with it for the next 90 days!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #260
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
haha im not posting up my ass on here. But im using p90x to build some muscle and for cardio because I think im too skinny right now.

My girlfriend is on month 2 while i skipped a bunch of days due to a busy and stressful schedule. She was already skinny but with a flat stomach. Now she is getting a six pack. Im not sure if I like it or not.
As long as she doesn't start packing more muscle than you, your alright!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #261
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

What do your MAIN MEALS consist of daily? I just got back from Costco and bought Alaskan salmon, Chicken breasts, egg beaters and ESS protein. Hope I don't get bored of the same stuff day after day!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #262
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 JB 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
What do your MAIN MEALS consist of daily? I just got back from Costco and bought Alaskan salmon, Chicken breasts, egg beaters and ESS protein. Hope I don't get bored of the same stuff day after day!
I've been doing a couple eggs and slices of turkey bacon in the morning with some whey protein.

Mid morning snack is a Cliff Bar.

Lunch is usually a chicken salad or wrap / or Tuna Fish Sandwiches.

Mid afternoon snack is usually carrots.

Dinner is a combo and alternating rotation of Fish / Chicken / Wild Rice / Veggies / Salad

More whey protein after workout.

Post dinner snack might be a slice of bread with peanut butter or pistachios.

Lots of water, beer habit is hard to kick.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #263
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTexan View Post
I've been doing a couple eggs and slices of turkey bacon in the morning with some whey protein.

Mid morning snack is a Cliff Bar.

Lunch is usually a chicken salad or wrap / or Tuna Fish Sandwiches.

Mid afternoon snack is usually carrots.

Dinner is a combo and alternating rotation of Fish / Chicken / Wild Rice / Veggies / Salad

More whey protein after workout.

Post dinner snack might be a slice of bread with peanut butter or pistachios.

Lots of water, beer habit is hard to kick.
Are you substituting the recovery drink with protein? I've been meaning to buy a recovery drink and might pick up Endurox R4. I'll be starting Monday.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 12:32 AM   #264
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
been thinking about doing this... I did a similar program a few yrs back for just abs and it worked well but never made it past the 1st 45 days cuz it got boring. I'm sure I could stick with this since there is also lifting involved but I just don't want to give up playing basketball 3-4 days a week and know if I do this stuff I'll have absolutely no energy to do both.
Appreciate 0