New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Today, 04:25 AM   #1
mjn77
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Oldenzaal Classic Trip

Introduction

Welcome to my final trip of the year. This sees BMW Performance Club members receive an exclusive tour of the dealership, their stock and their workshop. Naturally, coming from the UK, my journey was a little longer than others.

Day 1

As usual, it started with an early Eurotunnel journey. No convoy on this time, so after a quick breakfast we were boarding without delay.

After 35 mins you're in France and our first stop was the best beer shop in Benelux, De Hopduvel, which can be found just a little away from Gent town centre.

This place is massive and has a huge choice of beers. (click picture to play video)

A few beers purchased.

Next up, food n beer in Gent town centre and our go to place is Bier Central. A bar with 300+ beers available to choose from.

And to help you choose beer, they leave a nice catalogue. (click picture to play video)

I opted for a nice cherry beer.

A short walk from there to the important chocolate and cheese shops.

Probably the best cheese shop i've ever been to.

Didn't have masses of time as we still had to get to our hotel in Amsterdam. However, traffic was heavy.

Once at our hotel, we found a lovely Indian restaurant nearby with some beer i've never had before.

And of course, a classic.

As food it was an early night after leaving the house at 4.30am

//E90 M3 LCI DCT in Jerez Black / Fox Red Leather // Alcantara Trim // ST XTA Coilovers // 1.75 Exhaust // Pinnacle Undertray // @jerez.black.e90.m3//
Euro Road Trips 2014 (French Alps) 2016 (GER ITA AUS) 2017 (ITA GER SWI) 2018 (LIE GER AUS SLO CRO) 2019 (SWI ITA GER AUS) 2022 (SWI AUS ITA) 2024 (NOR)
Appreciate 1
dutchm21732.00
      Today, 04:27 AM   #2
mjn77
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Day 2

On Saturday it was time to explore Amsterdam. We've been before, but not for a good 15 or 16 years ago so naturally i could remember nothing about it.

Parked next a lovely black Ferrari at the hotel.

Then on the hotel shuttle bus to Schiphol Airport so we could catch the train into Amsterdam city centre.

Three stops later and we're there, the city centre.

Some random photos of the streets.

Walking is thirsty work.

But we didn't have all day and we had to meet up with the others a short drive away in a place called Den Dolder. Here we'd meet up with others, celebrate a 50th birthday and stay over.

Shortly after we arrived, everyone turned up.

And in no time at all, beer consumption started.

Then the shots.

A short taxi ride later we're at the restaurant.

Unlimited food and beer.

Then, naturally, things escalated, LOL

Then back to the hotel for a nightcap.

And in bed for 11pm!

//E90 M3 LCI DCT in Jerez Black / Fox Red Leather // Alcantara Trim // ST XTA Coilovers // 1.75 Exhaust // Pinnacle Undertray // @jerez.black.e90.m3//
Euro Road Trips 2014 (French Alps) 2016 (GER ITA AUS) 2017 (ITA GER SWI) 2018 (LIE GER AUS SLO CRO) 2019 (SWI ITA GER AUS) 2022 (SWI AUS ITA) 2024 (NOR)
Appreciate 1
dutchm21732.00
      Today, 04:31 AM   #3
mjn77
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Day 3

Ouch, i think i came off worst. I'm never drinking again, but today is the main event, Oldenzaal Classics. Here we'll have a private tour from the owner and exclusive access to the workshop where they restore ckassic BMW and Alpina cars.

After a 90 minute drive we arrived at Olden Classic at 11am and we were joined by 2 more club members.

In here you will find dozens of classic BMW and Alpinas from mainly the 70s to the 00s. All lovingly restored and for sale. Although most of what you see here has already been sold to customers world wide.

In no particular order.

This Alpina B8 4.6 was recently sold for €90k!!

And the workshop where the cars are pulled apart, freed from rust and then restored as good as new.

After all that walking, it was time for food.

And before you knew it, it was time to head home via Eurotunnel.

Total mileage; 856 miles in 3 days.

Appreciate 2
dutchm21732.00
FrankDK179.00
      Today, 04:44 AM   #4
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Drives: BMW M...

Garage List
Awesome mjn77 !!

Thanks for sharing