New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Yesterday, 08:12 PM   #1
cpprhead59
Registered
Rep

Drives: 2021 540i Xdrive

CPO Warranty Extension

Good evening. Had a question I wanted to pose. I just picked up a CPO 2021 540 xdrive with 40,500 miles on it. I asked early in the buying process about extending the warranty.

Tonight I was told that BMW recently changed their program and I had to extend the CPO Warranty at delivery or I was not going to be able to do it.

Can anyone tell me if that is correct? It doesn’t feel right at all.

Yes, I extended it for 2 more years for 4K
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #2
jkoral
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Unless it has changed recently, I always thought you could add the extended warranty before your warranty expires (whether new or CPO).

CPO Wrap: https://www.bmwusa.com/content/dam/b...1598785432.pdf
"CPO Wrap is available for all CPO vehicles through BMW Financial Services at the time of purchase or at any time while CPO coverage is active."

My CPO purchase is long past expired, but when I log into mygarage.bmwusa.com and look at my other vehicle, it allows me to purchase various extended warranties available for my 2022 model.

FWIW, BMW CPO used to be 2 years/50K until they reduced it to the current 1 year/unlimited. It's certainly possible there is an extended warranty for CPOs that must be added at time of purchase. But the CPO Wrap appears to be available any time prior to CPO expiration.
Appreciate 0