New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Yesterday, 08:50 PM   #551
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M550i; retired - M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Russel was overtaking inside and got a penalty for forcing Bottas (lead) off track. Lando was attempting to overtake outside on Max, who was ahead at the apex - Lando got a penalty for gaining advantage (carrying more speed through a wider radius off the track).

It's pretty straight forward and what all the greatest drivers of all time do. They'll push the limits of everything.
here is the Russell Bottas incident (video in the article)

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...U0UXF6atF2v23G
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #552
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Which driver in the image do we think got punished. A or B

A- The one that hit the apex when they passed someone and stayed on track
B- The driver that missed the Apex to drive another driver off the track and went off the track themselves

I think it's now known as the - Dictionary - Interlagos defense. Aim to take the car on the outside of you off the track with you with no attempt to stay on the circuit to defend against overtaking to get no punishment. Note must be in a Red Bull....
These were very different scenarios.

Max was defending and was clearly ahead. Rus was attacking and behind. That was the main difference. Nor due to lack of passing ability had no right tot he corner whereas Bot did.
I think hard nosed racing is what should be allowed but I truly don’t think most guys in F1 besides Max, Alo, and Lec actually want to race hard - most just want to go out for Sunday drives.
Appreciate 0