New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Yesterday, 09:16 PM   #1
kwbkk
Registered
Rep

Drives: BMW 2020 X5 XDrive 40i

2019 2020 BMW X5 (G05) Engine Starter Recall, Engine Failure

Hi everyone,

I’m reaching out to see if anyone else has experienced a similar issue with their BMW X5 or any other models. I own a 2020 BMW X5 (purchased in July 2020 out of warranty few months) with about 42,500 km on it, during the same time engine starter just failed.

Around the same time, I received a recall notice for an engine starter software update (Transport Canada 2024-444), but the recall only covers a software fix and doesn’t address the hardware failure of the starter itself.

After doing some research, I’ve been found I’m not the only one have this issue. Has anyone else faced similar engine starter failures and get it fixed no matter cover by warranty or out of pocket within low mileage for driving(normally should be lasting for 100,000 miles). Wondering how wide does it affect.

If we do have many similar issues, I’m hoping BMW bring attention to this and BMW will recognize that this is not an isolated issue and adjust how they’re handling these cases.

If you have similar issues, please share!

Last edited by kwbkk; Yesterday at 09:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:53 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.95]
My brother-in-law had the same problem with his 2019 X5. Wasn’t covered under warranty also.