New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Today, 09:35 AM   #507
fs1977
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: G21 M340i

Garage List
2020 G21 M340i  [10.00]
I found the stewards pretty consistent with their decisions this weekend. Judging in accordance with the rulebook. A lot of analysts also seem to have that same opinion. Anthony Davidson for example.

I agree that's not always the case for every weekend.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK12943.00
      Today, 10:54 AM   #508
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
On conclusion we can see Lando is trying more things after losing out on the hairpin at the start, we saw Charlie wanting to make the same manoeuvre as MAX at the exact same time then quickly placing himself back to power out of the bend better in the middle as MAX and LAN drifted outside in their acute angle trajectory.
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
GuidoK12943.00
M5Rick67600.50
      Today, 11:42 AM   #509
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Pretty awesome race but very surprised Red Bull (aka Max) couldn't get it done and keep pace with Ferrari. Max was strong all weekend then nothing come race time. Granted he finished 3rd but I could have sworn he would have finished #1 after watching him all weekend! Crazy stuff!

Maybe this weekend? No one knows anymore.
I mean the Ferrari's showed the best pace in FP1. Max did make some setup changes after the sprint which I wonder if those cost him a bit but Ferrari was in clean air and certainly the quickest. Max still pulled off what only he could in the 3rd fastest car. I think once they bring their flexi (hopefully so flexible it's clearly beyond what they rules intent but still legal) and more of the upgrades we were supposed to see this weekend he'll be back in first. Overall, this weekend was exactly what they wanted - a step in the right direction in pace and the overall balance looked much better.
Mclaren looked to have taken a bit of a step back, which it seems their illegal rear wing might have been worth a bit more than they wanted to let on.
Appreciate 4
MoeTE871084.50
GuidoK12943.00
M5Rick67600.50
      Today, 12:12 PM   #510
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
I mean the Ferrari's showed the best pace in FP1. Max did make some setup changes after the sprint which I wonder if those cost him a bit but Ferrari was in clean air and certainly the quickest. Max still pulled off what only he could in the 3rd fastest car. I think once they bring their flexi (hopefully so flexible it's clearly beyond what they rules intent but still legal) and more of the upgrades we were supposed to see this weekend he'll be back in first. Overall, this weekend was exactly what they wanted - a step in the right direction in pace and the overall balance looked much better.
Mclaren looked to have taken a bit of a step back, which it seems their illegal rear wing might have been worth a bit more than they wanted to let on.
That's why Norris got a 5 sec. penalty (!)

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67600.50
GuidoK12943.00
      Today, 12:19 PM   #511
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Following the rule book, Lando deserved the penalty.

However, I think it was sloppy racing by Max. Par for the course. Dude in the video above needs to start the video 3 seconds earlier.

Lando took the lead on the straight, and Max had to divebomb in to get along side Lando by the Apex. So much so that he couldn't even stay on track. Max could not have been alongside Lando at the apex without going off track. IE, Max also took advantage of going off track.

Two wrongs cancel out. Give 'em both 5 second penalties and move along with life. They essentially gave Max a 5 second penalty by only giving Lando a 5 second penalty instead of a 10 second one...

Last edited by dfox; Today at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
MontyB11608.00
      Today, 01:06 PM   #512
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M550i; retired - M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post

Two wrongs cancel out. Give 'em both 5 second penalties and move along with life. They essentially gave Max a 5 second penalty by only giving Lando a 5 second penalty instead of a 10 second one...
unfortunately Johnny Herbert was on leave this weekend

i'm not sure if Lando has learnt anything racing all year

1. he keeps giving the 1st corner to Max

2. you can't pass Max on the outside (as Oscar has shown you certainly can pass Lando on the outside but Max won't let you coz his dad will not be happy if he does)

Lando's interview

"If I defended better in Turn One and wasn't driving like a muppet, I should have led after Turn One and then we shouldn’t have this conversation in the first place."
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:54 PM   #513
E92inNC
Captain
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
probably safer to cover Lando being Max's direct competitor instead of covering Sainz?
In theory and practicality, your point makes complete sense. Being the competitor Max is, I was scratching my head he didn’t cover Carlos and make him earn P2. Unless the team was absolutely convinced they couldn’t go the rest of the race on hards if they switched on lap 23 or 24.
Appreciate 2
      Today, 03:43 PM   #514
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
unfortunately Johnny Herbert was on leave this weekend

i'm not sure if Lando has learnt anything racing all year

1. he keeps giving the 1st corner to Max

2. you can't pass Max on the outside (as Oscar has shown you certainly can pass Lando on the outside but Max won't let you coz his dad will not be happy if he does)

Lando's interview

"If I defended better in Turn One and wasn't driving like a muppet, I should have led after Turn One and then we shouldn’t have this conversation in the first place."
So that is 7 out of 8 races now Nor has blown pole position. I think he had surpassed the stat where Lec poles turned into Max victories. Either way, there are only maybe 1 or 2 other guys in F1 who will race you hard like Max, and Alo is one of them. I absolutely enjoy watching him intimidate and push Nor knowing that he is likely going to make a mistake because he knows Max will make it nearly impossible for him to get by.
What was also quite evident is that without the mini-drs illegal wing of the Mclaren, Nor had a heck of a hard time getting close on those long straights despite not being far behind. Max did pull out some decent gaps when he needed in Sectors 1 and 3 though just before, but given the time delta, it shouldnt have been that hard for Nor given the pace of his car.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 03:45 PM   #515
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Turn 1, Max pulled the same sloppy driving. Overcook it so you get ahead at apex, run off track, and push everyone else off too. Honestly, I'd like to see FIA come up with some sort of rule that makes that sort of sloppy divebomb illegal. If you try to pass on the inside you can't also drive off track without having to give up the place.
Appreciate 0