New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Today, 05:22 AM   #1
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

V10 Gallardo as a weekender

What's not to like about an earlier V10 Gallardo with a tempting price though some may prefer a cabrio and of course carrying a large fire extinguisher is advisable, to be sure.
Old school is the way to go with Doug DeMuro.

Last edited by M5Rick; Today at 06:15 AM..
Appreciate 1
      Today, 05:28 AM   #2
wizardofOz
Private
Rep

Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
What's not to like about an earlier V10 Gallardo with a tempting price though some may prefer a cabrio and of course carrying a large fire extinguisher is advisable, to be sure.
Excuse the over excited presenter.
Nice video Rick! I think that with that mileage and going off at auction, its a good steal. With our weather, I'd personally stick to hard top given the amount of rainfall and cold weather we get. Funny how most Lambo's today are still derived from the Gallardo head and back lights imho. I wonder if the car is a one owner car.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67371.00
      Today, 07:05 AM   #3
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofOz View Post
Nice video Rick! I think that with that mileage and going off at auction, its a good steal. With our weather, I'd personally stick to hard top given the amount of rainfall and cold weather we get. Funny how most Lambo's today are still derived from the Gallardo head and back lights imho. I wonder if the car is a one owner car.
I don't think it makes any difference if one owner or more, it could be the first owner may not have been a good driver but those after him were more considerate with the Gallardo's strengths and weaknesses. That the doors open normally is a big plus with me.
My choice would only be a cabrio with the rear wing (that is if it comes with one for the cab)
Appreciate 2
      Today, 07:08 AM   #4
wizardofOz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I don't think it makes any difference if one owner or more, it could be the first owner may not have been a good driver but those after him were more considerate with the Gallardo's strengths and weaknesses. That the doors open normally is a big plus with me.
My choice would only be a cabrio with the rear wing
You and your rear wings

But no honestly, I would agree on the doors - not all hypercars have to have the scissor doors, could name one or two that don't.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67371.00
      Today, 07:23 AM   #5
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
You and your rear wings

But no honestly, I would agree on the doors - not all hypercars have to have the scissor doors, could name one or two that don't.
There's chap with an early yellow one that goes past where I live at the mo once in a while to visit his folks likely about two roads away, its the coupe with a carbon rear wing. I found it walking the dog in that specific direction and I was just gob smacked. I will not now even look at all the others at £200k plus after seing this one, one day I hope to catch him for a few words.
Appreciate 2
      Today, 09:18 AM   #6
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
You and your rear wings

I wonder if a 1998 Civic Lambo scissor doors conversion kit would work on the Gallardo...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
M5Rick67371.00
      Today, 10:24 AM   #7
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I think the Gallardo is an awesome Lambo.
It set itself on the map as the first baby model Lambo that was popular and desirable.
Too bad prices have gone up the last few years and manual ones are pretty difficult to get and expensive..

One version of the Gallardo is one of my favorite Lambo's of all time and when it was sold, it even was the cheapest Lambo you could get.
The Gallardo 550-2 with manual transmission. Preferably in VB or Tri Colore trim. What's not to like, V10, RWD, gated shifter.....

Of course no one bought a manual 550-2, so they're rare like hen's teeth often with a price to match sadly....
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 3
      Today, 11:40 AM   #8
wizardofOz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I wonder if a 1998 Civic Lambo scissor doors conversion kit would work on the Gallardo...
I've never heard of this conversion before at all!
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67371.00
      Today, 12:20 PM   #9
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I've never heard of this conversion before at all!
I came across it, the kit does exist, LSD scissor Lambo style door kits.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 12:28 PM   #10
M5Rick
General
Rep

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=482917250975962
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:10 PM   #11
wizardofOz
Private
Rep