New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #1
mattinfll
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '25 X6 M60i

Garage List
2022 X4 M40i  [0.00]
Considering PCD - do it!

After being thwarted by Hurricane Helene, and almost Milton, the folks at PCD were able to make my delivery happen on October 11th. And a huge shout out to Seth and Justin at PCD, Clint on the track training, Elisia on the factory tour, and Stan on personalized delivery. These are all people who were getting through the aftermath of a major hurricane and were still there to make us feel so special for our deliveries.

Everything about PCD is special, from the morning introduction to the track. If you're up to it you take an M3 out on the polished concrete and wet skid pad, turn off DSC and spin that thing out. What a blast, But then you turn the safety features back on and do it again, and push it, and you stay in control. Amazing. Several rounds of learning how to properly use ABS, followed by 8 slalom runs learning that your car actually does go where your eyes are, and if you look at the cones, you hit them.

The X5 off road course is a blast. Even if only 1% of X5 owners will ever push it to those limits.

Factory tour, the Zentrum, the gourmet lunch and then your personalized delivery. If you've ever had a dealership "genius" explain your car to you - leave that behind. This is the most thorough intro to your new BMW you will ever have. This is my 5th Bimmer, and I still learned a lot.

I drove my new X6 M60i home to Florida and loved every minute of it. Also a shout out to Vlad at Upstate Auto Detailing in Spartanburg, who put a 3 year ceramic coating on my car overnight before I left Spartanburg. Highly recommend.

Finally, Jon Shafer and Matt Corea at BMW Santa Maria, who made sure we made it through the whole hurricane issues and Florida DMV issues.

Tanzanite over Oyster. Definitely recommend the Driving Assistant Pro package. It is a game changer. Fully automated driving highway driving, even in stop and go traffic. But you can still step on it when needed, and it comes back to the system.
Attached Images

'06 Mini Cooper S
Appreciate 0