New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-14-2024, 01:47 PM   #45
BlkGS
Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Holy crap, 440 a month for the EV9? They're literally giving those away. That's like the Rivians, lol.

I'm curious what they thought it'd be worth after 2 years. It must be absurdly high residual with absurdly.low interest.

EDIT: These are discounted $15k in my market. I think the reason the lease is so cheap is they're able to claim the tax credit because the for whatever reason, leases have way less stringent requirements for the credit, which is BS.

Last edited by BlkGS; 10-14-2024 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2024, 03:45 PM   #46
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
Holy crap, 440 a month for the EV9? They're literally giving those away. That's like the Rivians, lol.

I'm curious what they thought it'd be worth after 2 years. It must be absurdly high residual with absurdly.low interest.

EDIT: These are discounted $15k in my market. I think the reason the lease is so cheap is they're able to claim the tax credit because the for whatever reason, leases have way less stringent requirements for the credit, which is BS.
Our family commuter car is a loaded Ioniq5 on a lease, and I can confirm, their residual values are absolutely out of whack... 3 years and it was less than 10k loss in residual I believe. Pretty sure it's already lost 10K in the 5 months that we've had it. It was so cheap and I get free electricity at work, it's a no-brainer for our house. Keeps the stop-and-go miles off the other cars. And like the other guy, I have zero desire to own something in this rapidly changing landscape.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:48 AM   #47
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post

48k is the residual.

From what the dealer told me, and i was able to find the same info online, Kia sets target EV sales #s per month/quarter/year. You hit or exceed those #s, you will get priority in the more desirable models/trims across the entire lineup. Take a loss or break even on the EVs so you can get the models that bring in good margins.

I bought mine the last day of the month and quarter, and they were pumping EVs out that day. Just EV9s, they moved 16 that day.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:58 AM   #48
86Zed
Get off my lawn
United_States
Rep

Drives: 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
2007 BMW Z4M Coupe  [9.00]
Seen a few of the regular Ioniq5s around a big fan of the styling, also applaud Hyundai for bringing some enthusiast and motorsport ethos to their full lineup as others shy away from it. Unfortunately the ROI equation is not fully there yet on a brand new EV living in a colder winter climate with a intermittent desire to tow, but depreciation is my friend as a potential 2nd owner.

Hard to complain with the the G01 X3 M40i, it is a fantastic vehicle and we intend to keep ours until it no longer makes financial sense.
Appreciate 0