New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

Today, 01:06 PM   #1
USMC G2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2025 M4 Competition

Garage List
Cleaning 2025 M4 Wheels w/pic

Greetings,

After owning my 2025 M4 for nearly 30 days, I have washed/cleaned/detailed my wheels three times. I am shocked how much brake dust these wheels accumulate after driving 50 - 100 miles.

So I have a two step approach to cleaning my wheels. I also use a pair of rubber gloves for a little extra protection.

Step 1. Use a good wheel cleaner - I like Griot's products. Clean with a variety of brushes. I also use their tire cleaner with a stiff brush. After a good rinsing and blow dry from Griot's hand held blower (it's powerful and very lightweight). I realize how much of the wheel I missed. Keep in mind, it's only been three times. And, I'm getting more efficient at all the nooks and crannies.

Step 2. After a day, I go back with Griot's Ceramic Rinseless Wash with a simple cotton rag and a microfiber towel to dry. This second step allows me to correct my inefficiencies from my first attempt. Much of this step is with only my fingers.

My final touch is to add their ceramic tire dressing to the tires for a nice shine...yes, Marines love shinny things...boots, buckles, etc.

Hope this helps...my next approach is to try 303 Graphene Nano Spray on the wheels.

Semper Fi

Name:  Wheel Thread - 1.jpeg
Views: 46
Size:  647.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:18 PM   #2
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I just get ceramic/dustless pads for my cars. Yes, the initial bite isn't as strong, but I also don't spend tons of timing cleaning the wheels. OEM BMW dust is bad enough on a simple five spoke wheel, with the mesh design your wheels have that is torture to clean. Not to mention no matter how well you clean them, within 10 miles they're caked again (as well as all the brown rotor sludge that gets in the barrels). No way!

Last edited by NickyC; Today at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:29 PM   #3
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

You probably got textar pads, I changed out to TWR pads when they wore out and much less dust on wheels.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:01 PM   #4
USMC G2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2025 M4 Competition

Garage List
NickyC

Believe me, my next step if 303 Graphene fails - ceramic coating and brake pads! Thanks.

Semper Fi
Appreciate 0