New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

Today, 01:30 PM   #1
infinitylol
Registered
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive G80

Frozen paint & full front PPF questions

Hi guys,

First post here. Just got my 2024 m3 g80 in frozen PB. It already came with the front bumper, lights and hood PPF'd, as well as the rear fenders. So it's not an entire full body PPF.

My question is, should I wash the portions of the car that are PPF'd differently than the portions of the car that are just the matte frozen paint (sides and rear bumper)? Or should I just wash the entire car as if it weren't PPF'd?

Looking at getting a Dr. Beasely kit for washing the areas that are not PPF.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:17 PM   #2
NervoS
Private
Rep

Drives: G05,E39,E46,R53

Don't know the answer, but the car is gorgeous! Love the look of frozen paint, but would hate to care about it I'd probably wrap it fully in ppf.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:22 PM   #3
infinitylol
Registered
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervoS View Post
Don't know the answer, but the car is gorgeous! Love the look of frozen paint, but would hate to care about it I'd probably wrap it fully in ppf.
Thanks! And yea, that is also an option. I was trying to stay away from frozen paint but this car showed up at the dealership the day before I went in to order my 2025 brooklyn grey g80. They offered me this one fully loaded with all the carbon fiber exterior/bucket seats for the same price as my pre-order (which had standard seats and no CF).

Basically got 10% off MSRP for this vehicle that had <4000 miles on it fully loaded. Was a no brainer, think I got super lucky.

Edit: not to mention it already had the front PPF and tinting done on it too, would've costed me even more to do it to my new vehicle
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:36 PM   #4
NervoS
Private
Rep

Drives: G05,E39,E46,R53

Yup, a great deal indeed!
Appreciate 0