New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Today, 02:58 PM   #441
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Pierre Waché s@cks. The French are like : Ne te casse pas la tête.
We'll see that @COTA . It's a shot in the dark and I think it won't be enough...

Australia : Right rear brake explosion . And that shouldn't have happened either.
Horner is watching and if another F up then the Wache roll walks.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 03:41 PM   #442
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Kyle Larson set for McLaren F1 test after ‘better than Max Verstappen’ comments:
Kyle Larson sparked controversy earlier this year when he claimed to be a better all-around driver than three-time Formula 1 champion Max Verstappen. Now, it seems Larson may have the opportunity to back up his bold claim by getting behind the wheel of an F1 car.
McLaren CEO Zak Brown confirmed on the Happy Hour podcast with Kevin Harvick that he’s looking into organizing a test session for Larson in a McLaren F1 car. “We’ve been chatting about it,” Brown shared with Harvick.
“Kyle, as you can imagine, definitely wants to do it between our schedule, which goes from February to December, and NASCAR’s schedule, which is February to November. We need to find that window,” Brown explained, citing previous instances of cross-sport driver swaps, such as Jimmie Johnson and Fernando Alonso’s Bahrain test in 2018.
Brown continued, “I’d love to see Kyle in an F1 car.
It is something that we’ve discussed and something I think will happen down the road.”
Larson already has connections with Zak Brown and McLaren, having attempted the Indy 500 earlier this year as part of the Memorial Day “double duty” alongside Arrow McLaren in IndyCar before competing in NASCAR’s Coca-Cola 600.
McLaren has a history of arranging similar experiences, with Lewis Hamilton and Tony Stewart swapping cars in 2011, and more recently, Mick Schumacher and Kevin Magnussen having a chance to drive a Haas NASCAR Cup car in 2022.
Whether Larson’s test will be a one-off experience or a full-fledged driver swap remains unclear. Brown hinted at the possibility, saying,
“Oscar [Piastri] knocked on my door a little bit about his excitement around NASCAR. So I think if we were to do something with Kyle and one of our Formula 1 drivers, it would probably most likely be Oscar.”
Appreciate 2
3798j12771.00
      Today, 04:07 PM   #443
wizardofOz
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Kyle Larson set for McLaren F1 test after ‘better than Max Verstappen’ comments:
Kyle Larson sparked controversy earlier this year when he claimed to be a better all-around driver than three-time Formula 1 champion Max Verstappen. Now, it seems Larson may have the opportunity to back up his bold claim by getting behind the wheel of an F1 car.
McLaren CEO Zak Brown confirmed on the Happy Hour podcast with Kevin Harvick that he’s looking into organizing a test session for Larson in a McLaren F1 car. “We’ve been chatting about it,” Brown shared with Harvick.
“Kyle, as you can imagine, definitely wants to do it between our schedule, which goes from February to December, and NASCAR’s schedule, which is February to November. We need to find that window,” Brown explained, citing previous instances of cross-sport driver swaps, such as Jimmie Johnson and Fernando Alonso’s Bahrain test in 2018.
It is something that we’ve discussed and something I think will happen down the road.”
Larson already has connections with Zak Brown and McLaren, having attempted the Indy 500 earlier this year as part of the Memorial Day “double duty” alongside Arrow McLaren in IndyCar before competing in NASCAR’s Coca-Cola 600.
McLaren has a history of arranging similar experiences, with Lewis Hamilton and Tony Stewart swapping cars in 2011, and more recently, Mick Schumacher and Kevin Magnussen having a chance to drive a Haas NASCAR Cup car in 2022.
Whether Larson’s test will be a one-off experience or a full-fledged driver swap remains unclear. Brown hinted at the possibility, saying,
“Oscar [Piastri] knocked on my door a little bit about his excitement around NASCAR. So I think if we were to do something with Kyle and one of our Formula 1 drivers, it would probably most likely be Oscar.”
I think it is pretty cool but I'd hate to see Oscar swap, seeing how he has developed since last year and grown into his own with his performances this year as well, like in Baku.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:23 PM   #444
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M550i; Swift Sport 6MT; EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
keyboard warriors are really itching to make rumours in the 3 week break eh

first Perez to retire

then the last place Danny to instantly come out of retirement

someone which i can't remember who, to replace Alonso at Aston

now Oscar to be sacked for a rookie

what next? Vettel to Vcarb?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:32 PM   #445
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post

first Perez to retire

They are talking swap. Just a test for Larson and maybe Oscar as a publicity stunt.
Appreciate 1
3798j12771.00
      Today, 06:03 PM   #446
Rono63
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post

first Perez to retire

Vettel to Vcarb, that’s crazy. Everyone knows he’s replacing Max when he moves to MB🤣😂
Appreciate 1