New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

Yesterday, 02:40 AM   #1
Aree1986
Registered
Rep

Drives: 2012 Hyundai Elantra

Seeking Advice for Volvo S90 Cosmetic Care and Detailing

Hello,
I've Volvo S90 MY17 (Dec 2016) and I’m eager to keep it in top-notch condition. I’d like to perform some cosmetic enhancements and detailing.

Here’s a list of tasks I’m considering:

Engine Bay Cleaning: While I believe the engine bay is already quite clean, any specific tips or products for maintaining it?

Chrome Refresh: I’m mainly looking at refreshing the exhaust tips, but if there are other chrome elements that need attention, please share your insights.

Seatbelt Maintenance: The rear seatbelt tends to get stuck when retracting. Any advice on cleaning and lubricating them?

Protective Film for Key Areas: I’m thinking of applying protective film to vulnerable areas like door handles, sills, and edges. Any recommendations?

Window Tinting: Should I consider window tinting for UV protection and aesthetics?

Ceramic Coating: Is ceramic coating a good idea for the rest of the body? If so, any specific products you recommend?

Front-End Protection: The area around the headlights and grille tends to accumulate stone chips. Suggestions for protecting this area?

Matte Film for Instrument Cluster and Infotainment Screen: I’ve seen matte films used to reduce glare. Is this advisable for the dashboard displays?

Paint Corrections: The roof, hood, and pillars have minor imperfections. How should I approach paint corrections?

Scratch Polishing: The door sills, doors, and areas around the handles have scratches. What’s the best way to address them?

I appreciate any insights, product recommendations, or personal experiences you can share.

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0