New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

07-15-2024, 04:59 PM   #1
scLA
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2024 G05

Ventilated vs. Non Ventilated Verganza

On the G60 do the ventilated and non-ventilated Verganza seats have the same cushioning, bolstering, etc.?

I know on the G26 the ventilated vs. non-ventilated seats are different, but I haven't seen info on this yet for the G60.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2024, 05:20 PM   #2
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3, Miata

Garage List
Uncertain about the G60, but for most seat, the seat feel is entirely different. Extra ducting, often a different seat heater coil design, and the fact that perforated materials (even with the same surface material and padding thickness) is much more pliable than a non-perforated material.

Some brands for ventilated car seats have to actually thicken the seat padding to get a similar stiffness/pliability to the standard seats, due to losing something like 10-15% of the seat volume to the holes. In that instance, the ventilated and non-ventilated would feel similar.

My money's on identical seats, but with one having a ton of holes, hence the difference in seat feel. Easier to manufacture one seat center and then choose to perforate it.
      07-15-2024, 05:23 PM   #3
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep

Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scLA View Post
On the G60 do the ventilated and non-ventilated Verganza seats have the same cushioning, bolstering, etc.?

I know on the G26 the ventilated vs. non-ventilated seats are different, but I haven't seen info on this yet for the G60.
Isn't all Veganza perforated, no matter whether it's ventilated or not?
I'd assume the material would feel the same but some ventilated seats (X3) the fans take up so much room it feels like your but is riding on top of them and they don't have as much cushion.

I guess technically vinyl is Vegan since there's no animal leather in it, but it's still petrochemical plastic.
Appreciate 0