New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

07-07-2024, 01:18 PM   #1
komodomark
Registered
Rep

Drives: BMW E70 X5 30D, BMW F30 335D

Crank but no start E70 X5 30d

Hi all,

After some googling with my issue - this forum popped up a lot but the issues weren't quite the same as mine so thought I'd give it a go with a new thread...

My 2009 BMW X5 30d cranks but won't start - Initially the electronic handbrake was temperamental. As this wasn't my main car it was parked up until I could get round to doing something about it. The battery went flat, so I charged it up and since then - it cranks but will not start.

I plugged in and searched for faults with ISTA and I get 'No communication possible with: Electronic fuel pump control module' and under the component structure the EKPS is red.

I bought a replacement to try, cleared codes etc - 90% of the time the EKPS is green, however, I still get the same fault appear.

Same result too. Crank but no start.

I've also tried a new battery (just in case that was the issue - needed a new one anyway).

I've googled a lot and lots of people have the crank but no start but can't find anything to do with the control module.

When I interrogate in ISTA - the HPFP has 400+ Bar but get a 0.0 reading on the LPFP - obviously I don't know if that's because of the lack of comms with the module or the pump isn't working? I cannot hear the fuel pump at any time either.

I just wondered if anyone had any ideas? I'd really like to have a go at fixing this myself (if possible) and I'm prepared to try things!

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it massively.

Thanks all.
Mark
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2024, 01:28 PM   #2
komodomark
Registered
Rep

Drives: BMW E70 X5 30D, BMW F30 335D

Apologies, I accidentally posted in the wrong section as I was browsing. If someone could tell me how to delete or move it! sorry again.
Appreciate 0