New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

10-19-2023, 03:41 PM   #1
ZCPMV8
Private
Rep

Drives: BMW M3

Gyeon Wet Coat and multiple application of products

I've purchased several different products to try on my car. One of them being the gyeon Wet Coat. My main question is, does it make sense to apply this stuff immediately after applying a Gyeon q2 wax coating? The only issue I see is that the wax technically takes 12hr or so to cure.

So would I have to wait 12 hrs, then wet the car and wet coat it.. or would I be ruining the coating of wax to re-wet it directly after applying for the purposes of applying the wetcoat?
Or should it really be one or the other?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 04:48 PM   #2
John in VA
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

It's a sealant vs. the wax - you'd use it as a touch-up over the wax. Most use one or the other. You should let the wax "cure" the 12 hours if that's what they say, then use the Wet Coat sometime later in the season.

From Gyeon:
If you are looking to add instant gloss, hydrophobic, and self-cleaning properties to every exterior surface of your vehicle then it doesn’t get any easier than Q2M WetCoat. Spray on and rinse off is all it takes to have this global top selling car spray sealant performing on your car.

Instant Shine: Spray on, rinse off, and get durable protection, together with an intense gloss and shine – minutes after washing!

Use On All Surfaces: This car spray sealant can be used on paint, glass, trim and wheels to protect and boost all external surfaces of your vehicle.

INSTANT PERFORMANCE
Q²M WetCoat is a revolutionary car spray sealant that offers instant durable protection in minutes - simply spray-on and rinse-off. The real advantage is the huge hydrophobic and self-cleaning effect that is delivered immediately, together with an intense gloss and shine to painted surfaces.

USED ON ALL EXTERIOR SURFACES
Q²M WetCoat can be used on every exterior surface of your vehicle including paint, glass, trim, and wheels. It can be used as a standalone spray coating or as a top up to an underlying ceramic coating to boost its performance.

PRO TIP
Use Q²M WetCoat only on a wet surface and cool panel. Never use the product in direct sunlight. Always work one panel at a time.

TIP: Rinse Q²M WetCoat immediately. Don’t wait for the product to dwell or react - the reaction happens while you rinse it. Do not spread it with mitts or towels, this is not necessary.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining

Last edited by John in VA; 10-19-2023 at 05:08 PM..
Appreciate 2
      10-19-2023, 05:19 PM   #3
chris719
Major General
Rep

Drives: '08 M Roadster

If you just applied Q2 Wax don't bother with WetCoat. Q2 Wax is seriously repellent (it's fluorinated). I doubt the WetCoat will even stick or do much. Wait until it starts to degrade. Just use the wax for now. The WetCoat is best alone, on top of another polymer sealant, or on top of a ceramic coating.
Appreciate 2
ZCPMV842.00
icj_45e138.00
      10-19-2023, 05:33 PM   #4
ZCPMV8
Private
Rep

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll probably be sticking to waxing for now then. I want a coating that's gonna give me full coverage. Heard wet coat is pretty nice but coverage isn't the greatest due to its easy application method.

Will keep it around in case I get lazy or don't have time to wax.
Is it okay to switch back n forth from wax and sealant? I'm guessing they won't bond as well that way if not properly cleaned off..

Last edited by ZCPMV8; 10-19-2023 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 06:46 PM   #5
chris719
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCPMV8 View Post
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll probably be sticking to waxing for now then. I want a coating that's gonna give me full coverage. Heard wet coat is pretty nice but coverage isn't the greatest due to its easy application method.

Will keep it around in case I get lazy or don't have time to wax.
Is it okay to switch back n forth from wax and sealant? I'm guessing they won't bond as well that way if not properly cleaned off..
They won't bond very well depending on how strong the product under them is. It's easier to layer like products.

I would just use the wax if you bought it because Q2 Wax is stronger than WetCoat in pretty much every way. It's more hydrophobic and probably lasts longer. If the wax starts to weaken you can just use the WC then. Coverage is easy with WetCoat IMO and it is very good, but any wet applied product has performance limitations.

Oh, the best use case for WetCoat is on wheels. If you're not keen on waxing your wheels by hand or you want to get the barrels and rotor hats etc. it is fantastic for that.

Last edited by chris719; 10-19-2023 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 2
ZCPMV842.00
      10-19-2023, 06:59 PM   #6
ZCPMV8
Private
Rep

I may just use the wetcoat for that then! Ain't no way I'm waxing my M2C wheels every time lol. These are a major PIA.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 07:02 PM   #7
chris719
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCPMV8 View Post
I may just use the wetcoat for that then! Ain't no way I'm waxing my M2C wheels every time lol. These are a major PIA.
Oh you have M2C 788M? Yeah man just use WetCoat every wash on them. Those wheels are the absolute worst design ever to clean or coat.
Appreciate 1
ZCPMV842.00
      10-19-2023, 11:15 PM   #8
ZCPMV8
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Oh you have M2C 788M? Yeah man just use WetCoat every wash on them. Those wheels are the absolute worst design ever to clean or coat.
Yup, u ain't lying! Will give it a try this weekend. Appreciate your help!
Appreciate 1
chris7197560.50