New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

09-20-2023, 01:27 PM   #23
SigmaShift
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
MTM Foam Cannon and Koch Chemie Gentle Snow Foam after you've used Koch Chemie Active Snow Foam.
2023 Vapor Blue Ford Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2023, 05:15 PM   #24
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

Quote:
Wow... It's almost like an "What Oil is Best" thread... Lmao!

Get a kick out of this Foam is better than that foam... Foam is Foam! Any proclamation otherwise is done by those susceptible to advertising Jedi Mind Tricks! Because foam is Foam! The foaming agent May differ if course, lol.
Kinda agree, but some have properties that allow the foam to be thicker and stick on longer, (true the cannon itself makes a diff as to how thick and foamy it is), but my point is the longer it sits before just running off, the longer it has to work the dirt loose...kinda like washing something really dirty, soaking it for a bit helps loosen dirt. I have found some foam to be stickier than others. Anyway my process is to let foam sit at least 5 miniutes, then rinse off (i don't want to move that foam and loose dirt around) then wash with soap water mitt/s and do a 2 bucket wash. In a sense is use the foam is a "pre-wash" as been stated elsewhere here.

Last edited by danallxt; 10-05-2023 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 1
shimmy232426.00