New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-28-2021, 06:48 AM   #2905
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Right? But you just can't stop watching, can you? Same boat. Due to my allotted TV time, basically every other week when the girlfriend stays over, I'll never finish this monstrosity.
I sim race monday to thursday nights, fri to sat I sit with the mrs and basically let her choose what she wants so long as it is not ridiculous (reality tv, women yelling at each other etc) and we usually land on something mediocre like this.

TBH I am a hard marker. I loved Dexter and Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy was OK, everything else has been utter shite imho. I much, much prefer a movie.
Your tastes in series and the girlfriend's are one in the same. She got me into Dexter but told me not to watch the last season, I still haven't. I do need to watch the final season before the next one is released.

She also had me start watching The Walking Dead with her. I came in on the episode where Neagan loved up homeboy real nice with the bat and knocked his eye out. After that, it was complete garbage.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 07:56 AM   #2906
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Ahhh yes Walking Dead, forgot, that was good too until about season 5 then it just kept repeating itself, it's a joke now.

Controversial opinion, Dexter finished well, he did what he had to do, there was no other choice really.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      07-28-2021, 10:39 AM   #2907
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Watched it. Started slowly, got better, went over the cliff. I can't wait until the next season!!

Currently watching Outlander, originally at the behest of the gf but now enjoying on my own. Great premise and great acting. I'm finishing season 1 tonight.

Our exchange is that she is Formula One, Drive to Survive with me after Outlander season 1 is complete. I explained to her that she must have a rudimentary understanding of F1 or the potential for longevity in the relation is highly suspect. F1 Rules!!
I actually started watching Outlander @ Season 1 with the wife. We both really enjoyed it. There will be some tough scenes/subject matter coming up.
We got to the end of Season 5 and felt that it had really tapered off & stopped watching it. I just looked and we actually have just 4 episodes left to complete the season lol.

Now, I did get the wife to watch Drive to Survive (helped that her sister had watched it w/her husband on my recommendation), and now my wife love Formula 1, watches practice, quali, races w/me, follows the drivers on IG, and wants to plan a trip to a race (won't make Houston this year, but probably Miami since we live 30 min away). So I call that a Success!

I've literally converted like 8 ppl into F1 fans after telling them to watch that show lol. They just get drawn into it all w/racing, politics, $$, drivers, fans, etc.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34102.00
      08-03-2021, 11:10 AM   #2908
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Watching The Serpent, I suspect the wife is not really into it but tolerating it as I am not whining how shite it is.

It's pretty good, only issue is the absolutely brutal accents, seems like no one is speaking their native tongue and it is clear as day they are fucking up every word even though i cannot understand any of it.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2021, 02:53 PM   #2909
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: F30 335i

Anyone watched "What We Do in the Shadows" on FX? I think I may be adding this to my line-up next.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 04:39 PM   #2910
Murf993
Major
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Watching The Serpent, I suspect the wife is not really into it but tolerating it as I am not whining how shite it is.

It's pretty good, only issue is the absolutely brutal accents, seems like no one is speaking their native tongue and it is clear as day they are fucking up every word even though i cannot understand any of it.
I couldn't get through it.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 06:06 PM   #2911
Fritzer
No one sleep in Tokyo
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

Watching through Southland right now. Probably the best, non-cheesy BS, cop show I've seen. Lots of comedy, albiet slightly "dark" given the nature of the show. Covers lots of more complex aspects of law enforcement in America, particularly in a large city in America, that pretty much every similar "cop" show misses. Things like psychological impact of the job, family life, non-glamourous side of the job. Things that every other cheesy cop show truly fails to get. Southland is a really solid show, almost done with Season 4.

Once a week I'll load up a Sopranos episode or two. Didn't like Breaking Bad, but I've been watching through season 1 of Better Call Saul. That's about it right now.
      08-03-2021, 06:16 PM   #2912
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
This could be great, or it could be awful. Can't wait to find out.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...tember-2-2022/
Appreciate 1
ramman434712.00
      08-03-2021, 06:23 PM   #2913
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Manifest on Netflix. The show is terrible, the acting is terrible but dammit I can't stop watching it.

The main characters only acting lesson, that he remembers, is taking his glasses off when he means business. I have jokingly incorporated this into my every day life.

I wanna go at the one girls eye brows with a set of clippers so badly, that I can't even focus on the plot.
No doubt. Michaela is one of those sorta hot, sorta not, types. Those eyebrows are out of control though. But I will say she fills out a pair of jeans really, really, well.

The question is, will you jump over to Hulu just to watch Season 3?
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13065.50
      08-03-2021, 06:26 PM   #2914
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
I couldn't get through it.
I finished that one up about 3 weeks ago. Not bad. After about 5 episodes it was like "Well, I'm committed now, gotta push through and see what happens."
Appreciate 1
Murf99314088.50
      08-03-2021, 06:41 PM   #2915
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
No doubt. Michaela is one of those sorta hot, sorta not, types. Those eyebrows are out of control though. But I will say she fills out a pair of jeans really, really, well.

The question is, will you jump over to Hulu just to watch Season 3?
Season 3 is on Hulu? I guess I could have googled it. I already have Hulu, I got it just for Letterkenny. If you haven't watched it, start.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 06:48 PM   #2916
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep

Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
This could be great, or it could be awful. Can't wait to find out.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...tember-2-2022/
I heard the budget was $465M for the first season
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 07:04 PM   #2917
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Season 3 is on Hulu? I guess I could have googled it. I already have Hulu, I got it just for Letterkenny. If you haven't watched it, start.
I dont have Hulu. Was thinking of signing up, binge watching Manifest season 3, then jumping before they charge me.

is there other original content on Hulu worth the price of admission? Havent heard of Letterkenny. Will have to Google that one.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 07:35 PM   #2918
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
I dont have Hulu. Was thinking of signing up, binge watching Manifest season 3, then jumping before they charge me.

is there other original content on Hulu worth the price of admission? Havent heard of Letterkenny. Will have to Google that one.
Don't be a cheap bastard.
Yes, there is a lot of good original programming on Hulu IMO. One really good series is "The Great". Only 1 season was released so far and I'm really hoping there will be a second season. Way better than I expected.

"Casual" was also really good. "Ramy" is supposed to be good but I haven't watched it yet.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      08-03-2021, 07:44 PM   #2919
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:

Isn’t Manifest just an NBC show?

We have Hulu but don’t use it much. Goes month to month so even if they charge you because you need a month to finish it’s not much.
      08-03-2021, 07:47 PM   #2920
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Isn’t Manifest just an NBC show?

We have Hulu but don’t use it much. Goes month to month so even if they charge you because you need a month to finish it’s not much.
I think I remember seeing that you can actually pause your account which is interesting. Maybe in case you don't want to outright cancel it but put it on hold until you want to pick it up again.

ALSO, having Hulu provides incentives for other stuff sometimes. For example, through Hulu I got a bonus offer of adding Disney+ for just $4/mo. for 3 months. I wanted to watch some stuff on Disney like The Mandalorian so I said screw it. $4 is nothing.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM411531.00
      08-03-2021, 07:49 PM   #2921
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
I think I remember seeing that you can actually pause your account which is interesting. Maybe in case you don't want to outright cancel it but put it on hold until you want to pick it up again.

ALSO, having Hulu provides incentives for other stuff sometimes. For example, through Hulu I got a bonus offer of adding Disney+ for just $4/mo. for 3 months. I wanted to watch some stuff on Disney like The Mandalorian so I said screw it. $4 is nothing.
That’s an interesting feature (pause). Will need to look into it. Thx.
      08-03-2021, 08:04 PM   #2922
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Quote:

Isn't Manifest just an NBC show?

We have Hulu but don't use it much. Goes month to month so even if they charge you because you need a month to finish it's not much.
It WAS. Apparently no one noticed it while on NBC so they cancelled it. Netflix picked up the first 2 seasons and BAM! instant hit. Just goes to show you how insignificant the big 3 are these days.

We cancelled our DirectTV and have been happily watching nothing but Netflix for the past 18 months. That's it. No cable, no dish, not even local TV. Just Netflix. Our watch list is a solid 2 years worth of content.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      08-03-2021, 08:22 PM   #2923
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
It WAS. Apparently no one noticed it while on NBC so they cancelled it. Netflix picked up the first 2 seasons and BAM! instant hit. Just goes to show you how insignificant the big 3 are these days.

We cancelled our DirectTV and have been happily watching nothing but Netflix for the past 18 months. That's it. No cable, no dish, not even local TV. Just Netflix. Our watch list is a solid 2 years worth of content.
Do you have Amazon Prime?

BTW, Letterkenny on Hulu is funny as hell but it's honestly a bit hard to comprehend sometimes due to the fast pace of their conversation and slang they use (Canadian based program). I joked about this in the past but I actually turn on the closed captioning when I watch that show just to make sure I understand what the hell they're saying. Lol.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      08-03-2021, 08:46 PM   #2924
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

We cancelled DirecTV too but signed up for YouTube TV. Hard to live without ESPN, but easy to live without the DirecTV bill.
TiMSport12831.50
      08-04-2021, 09:06 AM   #2925
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I don't really watch much TV. It's taken me a month to get through season 1 of Manifest; but there is a ton of good content on Hulu. Letterkenny is hilarious and yet is just a great show all around. Other notable content on Hulu is Archer, Dave, Rick and Morty (although I don't watch it much) and other's that I can't think of at the moment.

Quote:

I didn't do any digging on Manifest, the description is what interested me, but this makes sense now. The terrible acting, the sideways rabbit holes that could have been omitted completely and how the show is set up for commercial breaks. I kept telling my former TV partner that it seemed like a series set up for network TV, that didn't get picked up.

I'm considering doing the same with my cable package. I'm never home to watch TV, but when I am, networks all play the same re-run garbage over and over. I tend to go to sleep playing Cold Case Files or Forensic Files, something about murder and the voices of the narrators puts me right to sleep, another plus for Hulu here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Do you have Amazon Prime?

BTW, Letterkenny on Hulu is funny as hell but it's honestly a bit hard to comprehend sometimes due to the fast pace of their conversation and slang they use (Canadian based program). I joked about this in the past but I actually turn on the closed captioning when I watch that show just to make sure I understand what the hell they're saying. Lol.
I turned a buddy of mine onto Letterkenny a few weeks ago. He came by last week and told me everyone in his house is now watching Letterkenny. He also mentioned that his wife enables subtitles for Letterkenny. Funny and genius at the same time.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12831.50
      08-04-2021, 01:59 PM   #2926
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
It's been mentioned before, but Mare of East Town is fantastic. Kate Winslet kills it.
stein_325i25264.50
UPSROD1015.00