New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

06-07-2024, 05:08 AM   #1
amylawless
Registered
Rep

Drives: BMW 1 series

Angry PLEASE HELP- car calling BMW SOS number constantly!!

Hi,

My car keeps calling the BMW SOS number when I turn it on, giving me no option to cancel the call or disconnect. I have to tell the operator to disconnect the call and then it automatically calls them again! I was on a 5 min car journey this morning and it called them 7 TIMES

Its driving me crazy and google isn't helping, is there any way I can turn the SOS calling off? I really don't want to have to take it in to pay a fortune to get it fixed!

67 plate BMW 1 SERIES

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2024, 07:21 AM   #2
No one
Major
Rep

Drives: F21 118i

Hi.

It must be some sensor activated. Has your car been hit (any visual damage)? Explore the manual : what does it say/suggest? Also (AFAIK), as they describe the shitty feature, the car might send some accident data to the rescue operator. What do they receive: any specifics or just "Amy's gone crazy! Please HELP!!!"? Can they be really of any useful assistance with your issue?

There must be a SIM card in the car (around the SOS button?). Extracting/removing it should help (this should affect your car's Internet features like navigation/traffic/services). A cell phone jammer is illegal they say (and you couldn't/shouldn't use it constantly anyway). The last resort is disconnecting the car's battery for about half an hour (that's most unlikely to help): it's easy to do but mind some precautions still, find a YouTube video how to do it correctly!

So yes, unfortunately, the correct way to go is to have your car inspected.
Appreciate 1
Llarry20267.50
      06-07-2024, 08:03 AM   #3
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M3

Had a similar issue with my cic retrofit even though all coding is disabled for it.
I remove the cellular antenna connection from the combox and haven't had the issue since.

There is no sim, I think it's using the emergency 2G network which is odd because i thought that network was disabled by cell providers.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2024, 10:14 AM   #4
cyam
Captain
Rep

Drives: BMW M340i X (2020 G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Had a similar issue with my cic retrofit even though all coding is disabled for it.
I remove the cellular antenna connection from the combox and haven't had the issue since.

There is no sim, I think it's using the emergency 2G network which is odd because i thought that network was disabled by cell providers.
Where is the antenna or combox? I'd like to disable all connected services if I can. But have the option to reconnect when/if I ever want.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2024, 07:10 AM   #5
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyam View Post
Where is the antenna or combox? I'd like to disable all connected services if I can. But have the option to reconnect when/if I ever want.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2024, 09:34 AM   #6
cyam
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Great, thanks. Where is that card located?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2024, 05:01 PM   #7
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyam View Post
Great, thanks. Where is that card located?
In the trunk, it's the combox module like i mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2024, 12:07 AM   #8
cyam
Captain
Rep

Quote:
In the trunk, it's the combox module like i mentioned.
Ok thanks. But trunk is big, can you tell me where? Is it left or right quarter panel, underneath near the battery?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2024, 08:14 PM   #9
Horton633
Registered
Rep

Drives: BMW 128i convertible

Another option would be to bypass the satellite radio receiver, assuming you don’t use the satellite radio. You can unplug the fiber optic cable from the satellite radio and buy an inexpensive loop that will connect to the plug so that the signal on the fiber optic cable continues in its loop.
Appreciate 0