BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Performance Center delivery Fairfax County VA Recs

12-13-2022, 02:35 PM   #1
TCG
Rep
Drives: None

Performance Center delivery Fairfax County VA Recs

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have thoughts on Dealers in the NoVA area? i.e. fairfax county?

Currently looking at the new 2023 X1, but could be swayed for another model since performance center delivery looks interesting. Since they are all currently assembled in Germany, does anyone know if performance center delivery is an option?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 03:01 PM   #2
M2joey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2, 335is, X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCG View Post
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have thoughts on Dealers in the NoVA area? i.e. fairfax county?

Currently looking at the new 2023 X1, but could be swayed for another model since performance center delivery looks interesting. Since they are all currently assembled in Germany, does anyone know if performance center delivery is an option?

Thanks
BMW of Fairfax is great, ordered my X5 through them, and an X1. They also have a great relationship with the PC. Pretty sure you can still take delivery at the PC for any BMW.

The X1 I ordered just arrived at the port in Balitmore. I am sure there are a number of X1s that will be heading to Fairfax over the next few days, fyi.

BMW of Sterling and Passport in MD are two more options.
      12-13-2022, 03:16 PM   #3
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

I second that...

BMW of Fairfax is great! (near Merrifield) I lived in the area for 20 years and they were always great.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 06:00 PM   #4
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
If you want to do PCD then yo could in theory use any dealer in the country to buy the car (or lease). worth doing some research on this and other boards that talk about this. Remember sales and service are separate departments, the long term money is in service, any dealership will be happy to service your car including warranty work.

good luck and good hunting
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 06:13 PM   #5
TCG
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrabby View Post
I second that...

BMW of Fairfax is great! (near Merrifield) I lived in the area for 20 years and they were always great.
anyone specific there to recommend?
thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 06:48 PM   #6
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thanks
I lived in Fairfax County for 20 years... then I moved to another state several years ago. The salesman that I dealt with retired. But anyone over there was great!

(but if you feel like taking a drive up to BMW of Silver Spring, they are also great people)
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 10:16 AM   #7
M2joey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2, 335is, X5 M50i

Quote:
thanks
James Duerbeck
703.409.9100 mobile
james.duerbeck@bmwoffairfax.com

BMW of Fairfax
8427 Lee Hwy
Fairfax, VA 22031

James is one of the best! He sells more BMWs a month than most dealerships do. Tell him Joe G from BMW NCC sent you for an extra discount, seriously.

BMW of Fairfax is also very active with BMW CCA, the Performance Center, and the local BMW CCA NCC (National Capital Chapter) high-performance driving program as well.
      12-14-2022, 11:31 AM   #8
TristarL10
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW  [8.75]
Sterling BMW is pretty good….
      12-14-2022, 09:59 PM   #9
saws
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Maserati Levante, LR Discovery

My dealer said that doing performance center delivery will add at least 2 months to delivery as the schedule for Germany pickup is backed up.

BTW, when I placed my X1 order (in October), my dealer also offered me a discount on MSRP. I thought it was very generous of them to do so at that time.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 09:41 AM   #10
TCG
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saws View Post
My dealer said that doing performance center delivery will add at least 2 months to delivery as the schedule for Germany pickup is backed up.

BTW, when I placed my X1 order (in October), my dealer also offered me a discount on MSRP. I thought it was very generous of them to do so at that time.
Any ideas when delivery will be if ordering now? and also any tips on what pricing is reasonable?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 09:56 AM   #11
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Any ideas when delivery will be if ordering now? and also any tips on what pricing is reasonable?

Thanks!
I ordered in August, took delivery this week; but it seems that others ordered 3-4 weeks later and took delivery about the same time. The biggest delay is where they slot your production to start, which may depend on your dealer's allocations.

In this market, MSRP is "reasonable". It's going to be hard to find any discounts in general, much less on a brand new model.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 10:30 AM   #12
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
I ordered in August, took delivery this week; but it seems that others ordered 3-4 weeks later and took delivery about the same time. The biggest delay is where they slot your production to start, which may depend on your dealer's allocations.

In this market, MSRP is "reasonable". It's going to be hard to find any discounts in general, much less on a brand new model.
all the BMW dealers around me guarantee that they never charge a penny over BMW's MSRP(as listed on the BMWUSA website). I guess that's nice.

that's in sharp contrast to the the 3 Lexus dealers who wanted markups from $3000 to as much as $11,000 on the just-released new Lexus RX. (one of the Lexus dealers is next door to the BMW dealer that I ordered the X1 from... same auto group company)
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 02:54 PM   #13
saws
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrabby View Post
all the BMW dealers around me guarantee that they never charge a penny over BMW's MSRP(as listed on the BMWUSA website). I guess that's nice.

that's in sharp contrast to the the 3 Lexus dealers who wanted markups from $3000 to as much as $11,000 on the just-released new Lexus RX. (one of the Lexus dealers is next door to the BMW dealer that I ordered the X1 from... same auto group company)
interesting, my local Lexus dealer has something called "peaceful promise" which includes non-negotiable pricing; while generally that means advantage to dealer, but in this case they did offer discounts; I was offered a $3000 discount on NX 250 and $2500 for NX300 when I was shopping. This when other Lexus dealers were trying to inflate MSRP pricing.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 03:00 PM   #14
saws
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks!
While MSRP is "reasonable", and dealers would LOVE to keep this going, as a consumer we have to try to get the best deal and not succumb to dealer greed. There is nothing wrong in asking for discounts.

When I ordered my X1, my dealer gave me a $1250 discount after I asked for it in my follow up email to him.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 03:22 PM   #15
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saws View Post
While MSRP is "reasonable", and dealers would LOVE to keep this going, as a consumer we have to try to get the best deal and not succumb to dealer greed. There is nothing wrong in asking for discounts.

When I ordered my X1, my dealer gave me a $1250 discount after I asked for it in my follow up email to him.
for some odd reason, even Tesla is offering $3750 discount and 10000 miles of free super charger charging if delivery takes place by the end of this month.

I honest don't care for Tesla at the moment because of their on-going quality issues... but not having to deal with the middleman(dealerships) sounds wonderful to me. Not to mention the fact that we know more about BMWs than most BMW salespeople.(who are just doing it as a job to make money.... rarely because they love BMWs)
Appreciate 0