New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Today, 03:48 PM   #287
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
How many times have yourself linked Lauda saying Verstappen is the talent of the century ? Sometimes I think you think I’m a fool.
"Many times" ? That's inaccurate. Forum member ///M Power-Belgium is the one who frequently reminds this forum to Lauda's 2016 claim about Verstappen. What I do reference about Lauda when deemed appropriate for an ongoing debate, though: tidbits of his 2017 interview with Graham Bensinger (insightful first-hand info about himself and the intriguing F1 ecosystem - past and 2017 present, including his opinion on, and experiences with, Lewis Hamilton) (https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...NtJ0u048nfUY-&).

Ergo, mistaken identity.

It's not up to me to determine whether you're a fool or not, valedictorian or academically challenged, stratospheric or down to earth, moral high ground or moral low ground, saint or sinner. A specific job status, gravitas or astuteness are no requirements to participate over here - everyone abiding the forum house rules is welcome over here. Who you and I are in real life, doesn't matter at all. Always keep in mind that this forum features people of all walks of life, different strokes for different folks. Most are native speakers and some ain't (for example Flemish is my mother tongue - English is a foreign language).

But do know that if comments turn toxic, I'll take action, no matter who you are, fool or no fool. You seem to be knowledgeable and to have strongly developed social values embedded (cf. pro equality and against racism), and I truly appreciate that. But not getting your facts straight and posting polarizing or vile comments reflecting a considerable to high degree of disdain for an F1 pilot and those who root for him, won't do you a favorable service to debunk a possible stultus consideration by some forum members about your "Marcoose" alter ego over here. Il n'y a que la vérité qui blesse. But maybe you couldn't care less.

In the past, you already let shine through that you've had first-hand personal experiences in the F1 world or race world. And that's perfectly OK - more power to you. But mind you, you're not the only one over here (some are more discreet). Words can be the crust of the meaning with realms underneath. But I digress.

Name:  Shakespeare_TamingShrew.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  890.9 KB
      Today, 03:55 PM   #288
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofOz View Post
Same with Lando, he said he felt like he was going to faint when he was interviewed by David Coulthard.
Lando was very lucky today , he locked up and hit the wall 'Twice (!)

In lap 29 and lap 45. As you can see ..
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66574.00
      Today, 03:56 PM   #289
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M550i; Swift Sport 6MT; EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Dan gets Driver Of The Day award.
For finishing last? Max in lollipop world will be grieving again
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:57 PM   #290
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I'm pretty sure Horner made a phone call
Or sent an email...
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:16 PM   #291
wizardofOz
Rep

Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

Max said to him 'are you serious??!! No way?!' when they saw THAT highlight of the race and were getting ready to go to the podium...Lando was laughing sheepishly...lol
Appreciate 1
      Today, 04:33 PM   #292
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
For finishing last? Max in lollipop world will be grieving again
Dan's glad he achieved something today from fans who follow him and with helping the sister team stem the McLaren threat in a significant way.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 04:37 PM   #293
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

But he made it unscathed. A fully deserved win in challenging physical conditions. Piastri seemed to cope better with the sauna heat (did nowhere encounter a 'near miss').

I thought that Russell would crack when tailgated by Leclerc in the dying laps of the race. But he managed to stand his ground, finishing ahead of Leclerc - well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Dan got the FL thank goodness so the gap is 52 points to LAN, disappointed with Checo more and more AND this is a street circuit.
*changed to 52 points
Horner informed Verstappen after the race - Verstappen replied:
https://youtube.com/shorts/GdGxud4czBg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Man, that's one tough race. HAM & RUS treated for heat stroke
No saftety car allowing some proper breathing. Norris almost crashed. Verstappen sat down before giving a post-race interview.
      Today, 04:40 PM   #294
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
and that's Zac Brown's point...Red Bull has 4 cars "helping" teammates.
Red Bull doesn't mind showing how sleazy they are.
While McLaren has 2 cars and they have no idea who they're racing let alone help each other, instead they try to crash both cars into each other.

If they did their stuff properly (finishing 1-2 in races with the pace they have) Lando would be overtaking Max in the points already.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:54 PM   #295
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
But he made it unscathed. A fully deserved win in challenging physical conditions. Piastri seemed to cope better with the sauna heat (did nowhere encounter a 'near miss').

I thought that Russell would crack when tailgated by Leclerc in the dying laps of the race. But he managed to stand his ground, finishing ahead of Leclerc - well done.
I agree with that . Lando's win is fully deserved and his Papaya car is bullet fast .

On the other hand : Is it really necessary to take such 'reckless actions with a 20 - 30 sec. lead in the race ?
I mean like brushing the wall (Twice)!
IMHO. Lando is just too reckless and has no sense of responsibility (!)
Lando is like , let's enjoy the moment and we'll see what's next . AKA Joy-Rider..
His Papaya car is more than fast enough but he doesn't have the right attitude/mindset to become a world champion and that's why he will lose it ..

Of course the WCC is for McLaren (already) because they have 2 drivers who can finish at the podium.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0