New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Today, 06:51 PM   #309
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Maybe you have a different idea of what is meant by the Max factor as what other people mean by it?
I mean, is there a set and done definition about that slogan? I don't think so?
But you seem to think so?

anyway, it's a silly discussion imo.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; Today at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:03 PM   #310
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 24 6MT M2, 25 X5 M60, 24 Truk

Damn it, I missed a great race! Was just watching highlights and of course the latest Max and Lando scrap. Will have to wait for Artemis to post the official FIA release to see their reasoning.

I haven’t seen a great slow mo version of it, but from what I did see it looked like Lando was for sure ahead the first corner. Plus Max hit Lando so wonder if that is why the first ten second penalty.

Second one Max is definitely ahead, so wondering what the second ten was for based on last weeks rulings. They said for going off track and gaining an advantage over RBR radio. Maybe they didn’t think he would’ve been in position to make the second pass (in a dangerous spot with the wall right there) if he hadn’t left the track in the first corner incident.

I’m sure they are trying to send a message to calm down after a second week of this before there is a bad accident and someone is potentially injured. But, will be very interesting to read the stewards reports.

Very happy for Carlos and Ferrari!

Last edited by minn19; Today at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 3
NickyC19160.00
E92inNC1862.50
      Today, 07:10 PM   #311
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
the thing is, i watched the first incident. it's exactly the same as last week. Norris making the pass, got pushed wide, but Norris stays ahead.

Last week they gave Lando the penalty.
then McLaren appealed and got told to FO.

So Max did it again, but this time it's a 10s penalty to Max.

the FIA is confused lol
Looked like Lando was ahead the entire time through the first corner and then Max also hit him.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 07:29 PM   #312
AmuroRay
Major General
Rep

Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
And Ferrari get rid of Carlos 🤦‍♂️
Yeah for a 8 time wdc. Glad winning one race makes them equal.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 07:32 PM   #313
AmuroRay
Major General
Rep

Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
If all you can post is this, then it must be really hard for you not being able to cheer for your goat the 3rd year in a row and who's currently only 6th in the wdc....
Wasn't Max a bottom feeder this race and for like 5 years prior to being handed a WDC win he didn't deserve?

Max fans are hilarious
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:43 PM   #314
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Yeah for a 8 time wdc. Glad winning one race makes them equal.
Not what I said, not what I meant. Ferrari have the best driver pair on the grid that could last a long time IMHO. I worry Lewis may only stay 1 or 2 years. Plus I don't know if LEC and HAM will work well together. Basically don't fix what isn't broken.
Appreciate 3
E92inNC1862.50
minn1914642.50
      Today, 07:49 PM   #315
G30M
Major General
Rep

Drives: M550i; retired - M340i

Appreciate 2
minn1914642.50
      Today, 08:08 PM   #316
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Damn it, I missed a great race! Was just watching highlights and of course the latest Max and Lando scrap. Will have to wait for Artemis to post the official FIA release to see their reasoning.

I haven’t seen a great slow mo version of it, but from what I did see it looked like Lando was for sure ahead the first corner. Plus Max hit Lando so wonder if that is why the first ten second penalty.

Second one Max is definitely ahead, so wondering what the second ten was for based on last weeks rulings. They said for going off track and gaining an advantage over RBR radio. Maybe they didn’t think he would’ve been in position to make the second pass (in a dangerous spot with the wall right there) if he hadn’t left the track in the first corner incident.

I’m sure they are trying to send a message to calm down after a second week of this before there is a bad accident and someone is potentially injured. But, will be very interesting to read the stewards reports.

Very happy for Carlos and Ferrari!
Austin F1 race of last week - race incident between British driver Norris and Belgian/Dutch driver Verstappen. The 4-stewards panel featured the British former race driver Derek Warwick and the Belgian lawyer (practicing in Luxembourg) Loïc Bacquelaine.
Verdict: a 5 second time penalty for Norris:

Name:  F1_2024_Austin_NOR_VER.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  498.7 KB

Mexico F1 race of this week - race incidents between British driver Norris and Belgian/Dutch driver Verstappen. The 4-stewards panel featured the British former race driver Johnny Herbert and the Belgian lawyer (practicing in Luxembourg) Loïc Bacquelaine.
Verdict: 2 × a 10 second time penalty for Verstappen:

Name:  F1_2024_Mexico_NOR_VER_2.jpg
Size:  469.2 KB

Name:  F1_2024_Mexico_NOR_VER_1.jpg
Size:  452.9 KB
      Today, 08:11 PM   #317
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
I was a Checo fan for a long time. Him pretending he’s Max with the late lunges at the back of the pack is a new low for him. He has no business being in that RBR seat.
Appreciate 0