New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Today, 02:33 AM   #1
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

F1 2024: Mexican GP - Mexico City (Oct 27)

F1 2024: Mexican GP - Mexico City (Oct 27)

Schedule:
https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2024/mexico

Circuit:
Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez

Quote:
Mexico City
When was the track built?

In 1959. The father of Mexico’s most famous racing brothers, Ricardo and Pedro Rodriguez, was an advisor to Mexican President Adolfo Lopez Mateo, and had a word in his boss’s ear about building a racing circuit in Mexico City’s Magdalena Mixiuhca sports park using the existing internal roads. El Presidente liked the idea, and work on the track was completed in under a year.
When was its first Grand Prix?

Formula 1 cars arrived in 1962 for a non-championship race, returning the following year for a proper, bona fide Grand Prix. That 1963 race was won by Jim Clark, while for the next few years, Mexico’s fiesta vibes meant it became the traditional season-ender for Formula 1. Mexico was welcomed back onto the F1 calendar in 2015.
What’s the circuit like?

High up! The Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez sits over 2km above sea level, making the 4.3km lap a breathless experience. The track still largely follows the outline of the original 1959 circuit, the main difference being that the spectacular – and spectacularly scary – Peralta corner is now bisected, with the circuit instead winding through the old Foro Sol baseball stadium, providing one F1’s most unique vistas.
Why go?

Mexico City is one of the world’s most buzzing, vibrant metropolises. And with the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez located just to the east of the city, with a metro station ready to whip you into the downtown at the end of each day’s racing action, the Mexican Grand Prix is a fantastic chance to properly mix sport and culture. Check out our Event Guide for more.
Where is the best place to watch?

Fight tooth and nail for a spot in the Foro Sol. Not only will you get to peer down into the cockpits of the drivers as they pass through the stadium, but the atmosphere when the podium ceremony unfolds there has to be experienced to be believed.
2023 race highlights:

2023 thread:
https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2057260
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 3
      Today, 02:37 AM   #2
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

So what are your predictions?
After the awesome race in Austin the gap between RB and McLaren sure has diminished. And Ferrari was the team to beat in Austin.
Will Mexico city give a similar race, or will the McLaren cars be superior like the races before?
This is my prediction:
1. NOR
2. VER
3. PIA
4. LEC
5. SAI
6. HAM
7. PER
8. RUS
9. LAW
10. ALB
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67584.00
      Today, 03:12 AM   #3
fs1977
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: G21 M340i

Garage List
2020 G21 M340i  [10.00]
5 races to go! It's going to be close, but with Verstappen widening up the gap in the championship a bit in the USA he has a bit more breathing room. Maximum 146 points to score till the end of the season and Norris must outperform Verstappen with 11,4 points on average in the last 5 races. That's a huge task.

For Mexico i think:

1. Norris
2. Verstappen
3. Leclerc
Appreciate 3
      Today, 03:24 AM   #4
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fs1977 View Post
Maximum 146 points to score till the end of the season and Norris must outperform Verstappen with 11,4 points on average in the last 5 races. That's a huge task.
Indeed it's looking pretty good for Max now.
Also Lando can't risk a DNF, even if it also means a DNF for Max. Not only because the gap with Max, but LEC is only 22 points behind.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67584.00
      Today, 05:57 AM   #5
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

With some more improvements to MAX's liking it's going to be more difficult for LAN even with a slightly more faster car, which is likely to be that much less quicker now than the 1 RB20, MAX was on the cusp to take pole at Austin before RUS flew off the track into the wall at that critical moment.
The chips are down for Checo to do well at his home GP also with Ferrari just 8 points behind RBR in the Constructors.
1.MAX
2.LEC
3. NOR
4. PER
5.SAI
6. PIA
7. RUS
8. LAW
9.TSU
10. HUL
Appreciate 3
      Today, 06:13 AM   #6
wizardofOz
Private
Rep

Drives: M135i

I'm going for:
1. Max
2. Lando
3. Leclerc

Lawson in the top 7.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick67584.00
GuidoK12932.00
      Today, 06:19 AM   #7
M5Rick
General
Rep

Just saying that Ferrari's out of the blue improvement to get a 1-2 at Austin has taken me by surprise, the smell of E10 fuel SAI had in his car earlier in the race is somewhat interesting as these are sealed systems with a 500mm max length flex pipe between the HPFP and the Breakaway valve at a set pressure.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK12932.00
      Today, 06:24 AM   #8
wizardofOz
Private
Rep

Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Just saying that Ferrari's out of the blue improvement to get a 1-2 at Austin has taken me by surprise, the smell of E10 fuel SAI had in his car earlier in the race is somewhat interesting as these are sealed systems with a 500mm max length flex pipe between the HPFP and the Breakaway valve at a set pressure.
I thought he was going to retire at one point
Appreciate 3
GuidoK12932.00
M5Rick67584.00
      Today, 06:49 AM   #9
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
So what are your predictions?
Perez (currently WDC P8) getting emotional whilst announcing that he quits Red Bull Racing at the end of this season, thanking Horner, his wife, Carlos Slim, Kit Kat, etc. for everything.

After the Austin race, Horner called Perez "a veteran". Red Bull (WCC P2) is now merely 8 points clear of Ferrari (WCC P3). If Leclerc and Sainz manage to grab WCC P2 at the Mexico GP (a clear and present danger), then that would be quite emblematic for Perez's performance at Red Bull Racing this year. My guess: the writing is on the wall.
M5Rick67584.00
      Today, 06:58 AM   #10
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Indeed it's looking pretty good for Max now.
Also Lando can't risk a DNF, even if it also means a DNF for Max. Not only because the gap with Max, but LEC is only 22 points behind.
I wouldn't mind Leclerc doing a 2007 WDC Kimi Räikkönen "dark horse" move.

Mathematically, it's still possible. A couple of 'feisty NOR-VER fights ending with DNF entanglements' and - with a little help from Sainz - Leclerc could strike. But to achieve this, Ferrari may not do "Ferrari Things".
M5Rick67584.00
      Today, 07:28 AM   #11
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep

Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
Glad we don't have to wait long for another race!

Checo not helping much to keep RB in the championship. They need to bring in fresh blood to help Max.

Really hoping Max can pull out a win this weekend! Three straight weekends of racing! Love it!
GuidoK12932.00
M5Rick67584.00
      Today, 07:47 AM   #12
fs1977
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: G21 M340i

Garage List
2020 G21 M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I wouldn't mind Leclerc doing a 2007 WDC Kimi Räikkönen "dark horse" move.

Mathematically, it's still possible. A couple of 'feisty NOR-VER fights ending with DNF entanglements' and - with a little help from Sainz - Leclerc could strike. But to achieve this, Ferrari may not do "Ferrari Things".
He has to make up 15,8 points on average every raceweekend. It's a long shot.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK12932.00
M5Rick67584.00
      Today, 08:51 AM   #13
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
thanking Horner, his wife, Carlos Slim, Kit Kat, etc. for everything.

You're probably right about that one!
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67584.00
      Today, 09:39 AM   #14
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Perez (currently WDC P8) getting emotional whilst announcing that he quits Red Bull Racing at the end of this season, thanking Horner, his wife, Carlos Slim, Kit Kat, etc. for everything.

After the Austin race, Horner called Perez "a veteran". Red Bull (WCC P2) is now merely 8 points clear of Ferrari (WCC P3). If Leclerc and Sainz manage to grab WCC P2 at the Mexico GP (a clear and present danger), then that would be quite emblematic for Perez's performance at Red Bull Racing this year. My guess: the writing is on the wall.
Too bad . As you can see..
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK12932.00
M5Rick67584.00
      Today, 09:51 AM   #15
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Too bad . As you can see..
For sure his financial backing is a strong lobby, and the only reason he still has a seat in RB.
And I think not only because of Carlos Slim, but also because of RB soda sales in both Mexico and the southern part of the US in the mexican community. There they love their sweet drinks too (mexican americans are 20.6% overweight and 28.1% obese)
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67584.00
      Today, 10:00 AM   #16
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
For sure his financial backing is a strong lobby, and the only reason he still has a seat in RB.
And I think not only because of Carlos Slim, but also because of RB soda sales in both Mexico and the southern part of the US in the mexican community. There they love their sweet drinks too (mexican americans are 20.6% overweight and 28.1% obese)
Slim's and sponsors money will compensate if RBR get pushed to 3rd in the Constructors by Ferrari, I read somewhere to lose $20M by that by yourself I think and you added more wind tunnel time to what they lost out on before so really a win win for RBR should that happen.

Last edited by M5Rick; Today at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 1