New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Today, 09:05 AM   #9373
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Been following this horrific news from Florida west coast and hope everyone survives and stays safe there.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ods-winds.html
(news not politics)
The Daily Mail is the best place to get (unbiased) US news. Sadly.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:42 AM   #9374
Dégoûté
Fun police
Rep

Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
"Shall it not be validated by the internet, then therefore it cannot be true".

Dumass Googleheim's razor...
This is my brother’s backyard this morning.

Denial of climate change is reckless.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:13 AM   #9375
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dégoûté View Post
This is my brother’s backyard this morning.

Denial of climate change is reckless.
Just because people build too close to water does not mean anthropogenic activities are changing the climate any differently than it will change anyway. Hurricanes only suck when dumbass people build properly too close to water. If no one had property 100 feet from the ocean, no one would give a shit about the category of storm that hits the coastline and the storm surge it produces.

It's entertaining that you and pdtang try to insult others by calling us simple minded or easily led. Some of us actually understand the complexity of climate since and simply don't follow the easy path of believing the climate models are accurate enough to warrant change of social and economic policy.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick67076.50
      Today, 11:18 AM   #9376
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Yes, why think about anyone but yourself and similar small minded people.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:38 PM   #9377
Dégoûté
Fun police
Rep

Quote:
Just because people build too close to water does not mean anthropogenic activities are changing the climate any differently than it will change anyway. Hurricanes only suck when dumbass people build properly too close to water. If no one had property 100 feet from the ocean, no one would give a shit about the category of storm that hits the coastline and the storm surge it produces.

It's entertaining that you and pdtang try to insult others by calling us simple minded or easily led. Some of us actually understand the complexity of climate since and simply don't follow the easy path of believing the climate models are accurate enough to warrant change of social and economic policy.
Are you a climate scientist?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:43 PM   #9378
3PedalJake
Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep

Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Yes, why think about anyone but yourself and similar small minded people.
What should I be thinking about re. the large minded ppl? That I feel guilt and shame for not driving a BEV and drinking from paper straws thus being the root cause of their suffering? Sorry, no. You present no data, no hint of an organic understanding of the subject; your entire quasi-religion is built on a combination of feelz and a unshakable fanatical belief in the dictum of "all the smart ppl".
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67076.50
kyriian946.00
      Today, 12:47 PM   #9379
Dégoûté
Fun police
Rep

“ Nah. But f i were, I'd definitely win the argument either way.””

For posterity.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:49 PM   #9380
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you a climate scientist?
Nope. But I understand the science. The real science, not the made up stuff.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:54 PM   #9381
Dégoûté
Fun police
Rep

Quote:
Are you the one who gets to determine what is made up?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:58 PM   #9382
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:58 PM   #9383
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you the one who gets to determine what is made up?
Nope. I already covered that.

Check that...

Yup. I get to determine for myself what is made up, based on my self-education on the topic.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:02 PM   #9384
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
In your leather bound textbooks published in the 40s?
See above...
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:06 PM   #9385
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yup. I get to determine for myself what is made up, based on my self-education on the topic.
Enough said.

Everyone, please don't feed the trolls.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:24 PM   #9386
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Ahhhh finally… this thread gets to show it’s true nature! Spread your wings and fly!!!!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:26 PM   #9387
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
The Daily Mail is the best place to get (unbiased) US news. Sadly.
Here's the latest as Milton creeps towards the coast, tornados forming inland even before it arrives.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...om-cruise.html
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:28 PM   #9388
3PedalJake
Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep

Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [5.25]
"Everyone who disagrees with me is a troll" - The philosophical equivalent of taking your ball and going home.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:32 PM   #9389
Dégoûté
Fun police
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalJake View Post
"Everyone who disagrees with me is a troll" - The philosophical equivalent of taking your ball and going home.
You could not have chose a better user title.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:53 PM   #9390
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalJake View Post
Not at all. Spamming a thread with "self education" is absolutely trolling. "Self education" these days means reading garbage on the internet that reinforces your own predispositions. It's just confirmation bias cloaked in "free thinking".

Someone wants to come in and post up legitimate peer reviewed sources, I'm all here for it. But that's not what we're getting. It's a circle jerk of opinions formed by reading internet bullshit. And honestly, getting so damn far off topic that it doesn't belong here.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:28 PM   #9391
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Not at all. Spamming a thread with "self education" is absolutely trolling. "Self education" these days means reading garbage on the internet that reinforces your own predispositions. It's just confirmation bias cloaked in "free thinking".

Someone wants to come in and post up legitimate peer reviewed sources, I'm all here for it. But that's not what we're getting. It's a circle jerk of opinions formed by reading internet bullshit. And honestly, getting so damn far off topic that it doesn't belong here.
So that's the thing, your assumptions are wrong. I stated months ago in this thread my education on the climate is based on text books of the various sciences that address the earth's climate l, which published well before the internet was a viable commerical entity and was anything more than just big email server for DARPA (hence the crap about "leather bound textbooks from the 1940's"). So, actually the people who sheepishly believe in this meme that anthropogenic climate change is going to lead to the accelerated extinction of the human race are getting their "self-education" from the internet. They are the people who are scared shitless about the climate. They are the ones who are narrow-minded on the topic.

I'm the kid from the 1970's who was told the earth was cooling and we were all going to starve to death by the time I was 40 years old. I was the kid who was told gasoline was going to be depleted by the time I was 30. Yet here we are in 2024 with a societal obesity problem and gasoline is as cheap (or cheaper) as it was when I started driving some 45 years ago. So all this climate alarmist shit you believe in, I just fucking laugh at.

When you are a kid and the adults in the room are trying to scare you into believing life sucks for you going forward, you have two choices, either (a) shit in your pants, or say WTF I'll investigate the topic myself. I chose (b). Too bad that you have an issue with that.

So, when you come back with the climate manipulation plan and mechanism that gets the climate to stay static at the ideal global temperature that compensates for such things as solar output, precession of the earth's axis and orbit, and plate tectonics that has basis in physics, then I'll listen. Until then, it's just Chicken Little.

As far as peer-reviewed... start with Patrick Michaels, yeah, you'll research him on the internet and come back with the "misinformation" internet attack meme. Great, but I've read his books.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; Today at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick67076.50
3PedalJake3161.50
      Today, 02:58 PM   #9392
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Here's the latest as Milton creeps towards the coast, tornados forming inland even before it arrives.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...om-cruise.html
Yeah, I have friends and family in the path. Not on the Florida west coast though.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:37 PM   #9393
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So that's the thing, your assumptions are wrong. I stated months ago in this thread my education on the climate is based on text books of the various sciences that address the earth's climate l, which published well before the internet was a viable commerical entity and was anything more than just big email server for DARPA (hence the crap about "leather bound textbooks from the 1940's"). So, actually the people who sheepishly believe in this meme that anthropogenic climate change is going to lead to the accelerated extinction of the human race are getting their "self-education" from the internet. They are the people who are scared shitless about the climate. They are the ones who are narrow-minded on the topic.

I'm the kid from the 1970's who was told the earth was cooling and we were all going to starve to death by the time I was 40 years old. I was the kid who was told gasoline was going to be depleted by the time I was 30. Yet here we are in 2024 with a societal obesity problem and gasoline is as cheap (or cheaper) as it was when I started driving some 45 years ago. So all this climate alarmist shit you believe in, I just fucking laugh at.

When you are a kid and the adults in the room are trying to scare you into believing life sucks for you going forward, you have two choices, either (a) shit in your pants, or say WTF I'll investigate the topic myself. I chose (b). Too bad that you have an issue with that.

So, when you come back with the climate manipulation plan and mechanism that gets the climate to stay static at the ideal global temperature that compensates for such things as solar output, precession of the earth's axis and orbit, and plate tectonics that has basis in physics, then I'll listen. Until then, it's just Chicken Little.

As far as peer-reviewed... start with Patrick Michaels, yeah, you'll research him on the internet and come back with the "misinformation" internet attack meme. Great, but I've read his books.
I'm not here to read this entire thread to find out about your "education". But the mere fact that you bring up Patrick Michaels as your source speaks volumes about how "well rounded" your "self-education" is. I applaud you for reading something, that's great. But maybe branch out from a dude who was paid for by the oil and coal industry to spin up bullshit.

Regardless, I'm done with the climate topic. Let's talk about ev fires again and again.

Last edited by dfox; Today at 04:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:55 PM   #9394
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Yeah, I have friends and family in the path. Not on the Florida west coast though.
I'm sure they're taking all the precautions.
Appreciate 0