New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Today, 01:23 PM   #23
CMW33
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2024 G80 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
they will then try to sign Colapinto.
The thought crossed my mind. Williams may be asking themselves if Sainz-Colapinto might be a better lineup...
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:15 PM   #24
RichardInCA
Captain
Rep

Drives: 24 BMW i5 M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Calling someone a fan because of DTS is the laziest dig one can make in an F1 convo. It's like the "10 sec penalty for Ocon" rubbish.

Sure, they don't owe him anything, and I don't disagree with any of the points above really. He was a back-marker for the last few years and his story would have had a better ending if he hung it up a while ago.

But it would not have hurt RB to announce his departure prior to the race so he could at least have a parade lap and do some donuts.
Precisely this. I’m not some massive Danny Ric fan, far from it, he should go.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:17 PM   #25
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Surprised no teammates went to check on him...Just affording him a minute a to reflect I guess.

Appreciate 1
      Today, 03:14 PM   #26
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Surprised no teammates went to check on him...Just affording him a minute a to reflect I guess.
Yep. Sometimes a man just needs to be left with his thoughts.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 03:46 PM   #27
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
What a legend. With his accomplishments and character, he left an immensely positive mark on F1 over the last 14 years.

Shame on Red Bull for the joke of a sendoff. What a trash organization at every level.
I wish they'd given him a better send off but, look what RB did for him. The gave him an entry into F1...he then signed elsewhere because he was afraid to live in Max's overwhelming shadow (he'd probably do that differently now if given the chance), and then when Mclaren dropped him, RB gave him not only a reserve seat but then put him back into an F1 car with a 2024 salary that put him in the top 10 highest paid drivers. I think RB did more for him than he did for them.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:18 PM   #28
G MONEY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

No one was done dirty. The teams get rid of drivers like old trash all the time. Dude made Huge bucks and lives a dream life. He will be just fine. He will be an announcer or something easy peasy with a big salary. Luck Bastard😜🤣
Appreciate 1
      Today, 04:22 PM   #29
3798j
Fleet Mechanic
Rep

Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'19 VW Golf R  [10.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [9.50]
The reason Ricciardo "signed elsewhere" was a boatload of money. Renault in 2019 made him the second highest paid F1 driver (second to Hamilton). Who wouldn't take the ride?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:22 PM   #30
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Calling someone a fan because of DTS is the laziest dig one can make in an F1 convo. It's like the "10 sec penalty for Ocon" rubbish.

Sure, they don't owe him anything, and I don't disagree with any of the points above really. He was a back-marker for the last few years and his story would have had a better ending if he hung it up a while ago.

But it would not have hurt RB to announce his departure prior to the race so he could at least have a parade lap and do some donuts.

RB didn't do anything wrong to Ric. He got a great sendoff. Got fastest lap, had his whole team cheering him on back in the paddock, etc. Sure he got a nice check too.

He wouldn't have been able to do a parade lap and donuts, you think the FIA would have allowed that? Definitely not. That's not up to RB.

Honestly, the only people doing Ricciardo wrong were all the media talking heads. All the constant articles about him being sacked, etc. just got all the fans worked up. They do the same thing to Checo as well. It's awful, honestly.

The media is one part of this sport that I can't effing stand.
Appreciate 1