New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Yesterday, 11:52 AM   #111
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Another nonsense blanket statement that does not take reality into account
another pointless comment without any related discussion.

What I posted was an opinion. Take it or leave it.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:18 PM   #112
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

as long as your bills are paid, yolo it.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
RM73016.00
      Today, 11:14 AM   #113
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
another pointless comment without any related discussion.

What I posted was an opinion. Take it or leave it.
So only you get an opinion, got it.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:16 AM   #114
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
1,500' is plenty for a family of 4 (3 bedroom home). What has changed is all the extra space people think they need. Massive master bedrooms with wasted space, huge master bathrooms with walk-in closets that could double as bedrooms themselves, 3+ bathrooms, multiple "living areas", living rooms that aren't used, huge kitchens for people who can't bake a potato, etc. It's just wasteful, IMO but that is our society in the US.

Thank God builders are finally coming around to the idea of building sub 2K sq ft homes again.
Nothing wrong with wanting a big bathroom or any room if you can afford what you want.

For example, I cook & bake all the time. A large kitchen would be a must for me. So are separate bathrooms for my wife and I. A must for her too.

Zero wrong with it
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:55 AM   #115
XutvJet
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Nothing wrong with wanting a big bathroom or any room if you can afford what you want.

For example, I cook & bake all the time. A large kitchen would be a must for me. So are separate bathrooms for my wife and I. A must for her too.

Zero wrong with it
Sure, if you have the money and believe you need all that excessive space, then do it. The issue is builders have only built larger, more expensive houses. Home size has exploded in the last 25 years. The end result is large and expensive homes sandwiched on tiny plots. A large number of Americans can no longer afford to own/buy these homes because their values have skyrocketed.

I've been looking for a builder in Kansas City for 3 years that will build me a 1,500 ft2 home. None will do it and if I want to live in an incorporated area, most cities won't allow it as 1,500 ft2 doesn't meet minimum ft2 requirements......because the home won't generate the tax revenue they've enjoyed for the last 10 years. That is some BS.